Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 05 2013
By: goddessbunny42 Fender Bender 1688 posts

Best way to spend 200 FREE Acorns in Acorn Meadows Park?

21 replies 876 views Edited May 5, 2013

OK - I admit, I was hasty in my first assessment of the park after the loading issue frustration on Day 1, but when not in my beautiful RL yard and garden, this is a great place when it finally loaded. I love the races and the greenery, love seeing people running with their dogs and the people watching. :smileyvery-happy:

With that said, I scoured through Jo's thread Acorn Meadows Park Impressions, among the other AMP threads and thought - what is the BEST way to spend (or should I say maximize) the 200 FREE acorns at the Park? I don't have a lot of money  on Home. Plus, I wish (HINT!) someone could put together a complete challenge list with compendium rewards/xp/coin gain guide.

Ok .. Go! Help me and others stratigize ...

Message 1 of 22 (876 Views)
Fender Bender
2462 posts

Re: Best way to spend 200 FREE Acorns in Acorn Meadows Park?

May 5, 2013

goddessbunny42 wrote:

OK - I admit, I was hasty in my first assessment of the park after the loading issue frustration on Day 1, but when not in my beautiful RL yard and garden, this is a great place when it finally loaded. I love the races and the greenery, love seeing people running with their dogs and the people watching. :smileyvery-happy:

With that said, I scoured through Jo's thread Acorn Meadows Park Impressions, among the other AMP threads and thought - what is the BEST way to spend (or should I say maximize) the 200 FREE acorns at the Park? I don't have a lot of money  on Home. Plus, I wish (HINT!) someone could put together a complete challenge list with compendium rewards/xp/coin gain guide.

Ok .. Go! Help me and others stratigize ...

Don't buy or rent a bike or rent a boat unless they're fixed. Last I looked we couldn't anyway.

It's goofy but since they're cheap, have a hotdog, cup of coffee, and an ice cream cone. Neither lasts long.

Take a train ride and stay on as long as you can. There's a reward but I don't know if one has to stay on for an extended period. I think the reward or rewards are two pieces of personal furniture in the form of rail tracks but I don't guarantee this. The train train is fun. One can converse while on the train by pressing START and then the Triangle buttons. Expect to cough a lot from the choo choo train. The riders aren't waving to people, they're trying to wave away the smoke,

If you have Binx the walking dog from VEEMEE you don't have to buy a dog from the dog vendor. Use Binx. It's an interesting place to go for a while anyway.

Just walk around and enjoy or use a locomotive previously bought from skates to airplanes to trains to horses... Have fun :smileyhappy:

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Message 2 of 22 (860 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29222 posts

May 5, 2013

I have 200 acorns on my main and two alternate accounts. I think I'm going to be getting bikes once they fix the shop. They seem to have the least maintenance involved. Walking dogs is just too much work and I never was much on following behind pooper scooping! 

And the bikes look pretty neat actually. They look like real ones I've used in real life.

:smileywink:

Message 3 of 22 (848 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3684 posts

May 5, 2013
I got a BMX bike LMO with my 200, back when the bike shop was working.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 22 (843 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2873 posts

May 5, 2013
;^) Many of the challenges involve bicycles, so buying one might be a good investment. Also, it is possible to earn acorns by completing race tasks. Since these allow locomotions, your new bicycle can help you complete them, and pay for itself that way, in time.
Message 5 of 22 (830 Views)
Fender Bender
2462 posts

May 5, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I have 200 acorns on my main and two alternate accounts. I think I'm going to be getting bikes once they fix the shop. They seem to have the least maintenance involved. Walking dogs is just too much work and I never was much on following behind pooper scooping! 

And the bikes look pretty neat actually. They look like real ones I've used in real life.

:smileywink:

I hope they fix the bikes so they ride well instead of tossing me in the water. My bikes think they're a boat when I get near water.

As for the dogs, they're fun but they bark too loud except for VEEMEE's Binx from the store.

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Message 6 of 22 (816 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
627 posts

May 5, 2013
FYI...the Wolfhound also works in the Dog Park.
Message 7 of 22 (797 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1507 posts

May 5, 2013

WOW,nice find B...woot!...:smileywink:

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 8 of 22 (791 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
30 posts

May 5, 2013

Yeah, a bike would be the best option (once they fix the shop up) for the races, and riding with others for the mini game,that is unless you already have a LMO. The second best option would be a dog as walking it for 30 minutes in the dog park would earn you a sum of experience. Finally, the last option would be to do the ice cream parlor / hot dog stand / coffee shop activities, they earn you some experience and a few rewards also staying on the train for a little while gains you experience and doing the lake races. 

Message 9 of 22 (768 Views)
Survivor
2175 posts

[ Edited ]
May 5, 2013

I've completed almost every challenge so far. With the exception of spending 10,000 Acorn, Letting numerous people ride on my bike & on my Swan (seperate challenge), & riding on numerous people's Swans. Can't complete these until they have fixed these areas. There's still about 10 challenges still showing up as '???' on my end, but I'm guessing those will have to do with the picnic additions & challenges that will be released eventually. 

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 10 of 22 (755 Views)