Jan 10 2013
By: dominikjones First Son 2 posts

Bowling Alley (Revisited), Multiple Suggestions

10 replies 326 views Edited Jan 10, 2013

I know the topic has been brought up many time before, and I'm going to do it again.  The bowling alley needs to be changed.  This has to be one of the most highly used games on PSH.  I have a few suggestions, which have no doubt already been made in some fashion or another. 

1. Make a personal bowling alley, or make it part of a personal space. (1 or two lanes in the Mansion perhaps?)

2. Bowling pro shop.  Buy your own ball, shoes, shirt etc.  And with custom equipment, perhaps a percentage chance of increased strike?  Couldn't hurt with all the lag in there lately.

3. A full time monitor during peak hours.  During the evenings, weekends, and even holidays, the place is over run with so many people (kids) who have multiple profiles that reporting people isn't working anymore.  As soon as one is kicked, they are back with another identity.  The profanity, harassment, and disruption of gameplay has gotten to a point where it's not worth going there any more during these times.  At the VERY LEAST, make it so those who are not in an active game cannot enter the seating area of those who are.  This would at least stop some of disruption. 

4. Employ some kind of auto scripting that would automatically disable the chat feature of any user who makes more than X number of posts within so many seconds.  This would negate the people who feel it necessary to go:

Hello

Hello

Hello

Hello

Hello

Hello

Hello

Hello

Hello

Hello

These are just a few of the no doubt MANY suggestions which would help tame an area which has become over run with those who have nothing better to do than make complete and utter fools of themselves with the safety of complete anonymity.

With All Sincerity...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (326 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Re: Bowling Alley (Revisited), Multiple Suggestions

Jan 10, 2013

The Bowling Alley, should be called the Fun Center.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (266 Views)
PlayStation MVP
982 posts

Jan 10, 2013

hi op i glad you find the suggestion forum and hope you have you suggestion used on  home. tc and have fun. I do like you ideals that you have. it been ask many times on the fourm to have a personal space as a bowling ally since 2008 it been ask i hope they take you ideals.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (194 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jan 10, 2013
I asked for 9 ball 2yrs ago. Still waiting for it.

Good luck with your ideas!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (182 Views)
Fender Bender
4202 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Ive been waiting for 9-ball since cb......
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (162 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jan 31, 2013

those are some good ideas dominikjones. i have only bowled at the bowling alley 1 time. because of the issues you mentioned, i don't like going there. i posted that, i would like to see the bowling alley be made available for purchase, as a personal space or a club. then i was informed, by another home user, i should come here and reply to an existing thread, to keep it going. i hope it helps.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (128 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Yes - Let's try to suggest to HCMs and Devs to make the Bowling Alley and pay-to-play game in way. That'd be so much better... lol

The only thing they should of never done was how you throw the ball now. It used to be so much better before that update to the game itself.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

bookepride wrote:

Yes - Let's try to suggest to HCMs and Devs to make the Bowling Alley and pay-to-play game in way. That'd be so much better... lol

The only thing they should of never done was how you throw the ball now. It used to be so much better before that update to the game itself.

You are still so helpful. I'm so happy our excommunicated HCV's carry on that tradition of caring and fostering community support. I think maybe you just need to use a lighter ball (the pink one weighs in at 6 pounds) and you'll be breaking 110 in no time.:womanvery-happy::heart::heart: Good luck and you're welcome.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Feb 1, 2013
I like the bowling alley personal space idea. Maybe even make the it a free personal space with the original lanes, but have thea ability to buy layouts to change it up (if thats even possible) to look like some of the lanes from High Velocity Bowling. Foxys den from that game would be a top seller i bet. Blacklights + bowling + friends + music = good times.

Making the original layout free for everyone could also draw in a lot of the old customers that bailed as soon as there was nothing left to do but watch dolphins race or withstand the culture shock of going to the public bowling alley.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Feb 1, 2013

You are still so helpful. I'm so happy our excommunicated HCV's carry on that tradition of caring and fostering community support. I think maybe you just need to use a lighter ball (the pink one weighs in at 6 pounds) and you'll be breaking 110 in no time.:womanvery-happy::heart::heart: Good luck and you're welcome.

Retired HCVs don't have to live up to anything once their out of the program. They don't play by a 2nd page of rules.

But hey - you're "new" to this board.

Get it?

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (76 Views)
0 Likes