Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 03/14/2007
Offline
855 posts
 

Re: Core Client Update 1.3 is just the worst update ever!

Aug 23, 2009

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

It appears to be the same crowd who will never be satisfied regardless of what comes our way. Personally, I love home. I only see it getting better and better. I'm addicted now and can only just imagine how special this place will be a year from now.

 

Complaining about an update that hasn't even arrived yet. What a laugh.


 

I agree. I love home too. I personally love the animated shirts and furniture that I just bought recently.
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
Message 101 of 152 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 12/10/2008
Offline
60 posts
 

Re: Core Client Update 1.3 is just the worst update ever!

Aug 23, 2009
People who complain about things. I love them (seriously). They give criticism that can only make things better- companies won't just neglect what they say to spite their rudeness, they want to only satisfy. If there was no critism, most people would think they have things in the bag and not offer as much as they should.
Message 102 of 152 (3 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/03/2008
Offline
8821 posts
 

Re: Core Client Update 1.3 is just the worst update ever!

Aug 24, 2009
Whatever everone as a opioion. Some just ask for to much and get dissapointed.
Message 103 of 152 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: Core Client Update 1.3 is just the worst update ever!

Aug 24, 2009

Reverend_M wrote:

 

Not true for my case. In my case I was there and remember all the promises and the features. However, in my case and many others', we simply decide to not cry over spilled milk. We're not going to blow a gasket over something like this.

 

If I reach into the cabinet and pull out a glass that is SUPPOSED to be clean, but it ends up being dirty, I'm not going to hoop and hollar that the glass is dirty when I should expect a clean one! I'm just going to get another glass and enjoy my drink.

 

The same with home. Yeah home needs improvement. Yeah we've been promised certain things and have yet to see them delivered. But I'm not going to give myself a hernia, or an anyuerism, or a heart attack over those things. I choose to ENJOY my life . . . not get so worked up over unimportant things like this. I'll make my complaints known sure. But in a civil manner I know will work, and then that'll be it, I choose not to let the things I'm complaining about, control my life and my emotions.

 

I will enjoy home. I will say it needs improvement. But I will still enjoy what I have.


Then you deserver what you get in life.  It's not about crying over spilled milk it's about getting what you deserver.  Your not a fighter but I am if Someone tells me that they are going to give me something then they better do just that.  Let's stop right now trying to come up with new excuses for why Sony does not have to keep there word.

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 104 of 152 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/10/2008
Offline
834 posts
 

Re: Core Client Update 1.3 is just the worst update ever!

Aug 24, 2009

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Reverend_M wrote:

 

Not true for my case. In my case I was there and remember all the promises and the features. However, in my case and many others', we simply decide to not cry over spilled milk. We're not going to blow a gasket over something like this.

 

If I reach into the cabinet and pull out a glass that is SUPPOSED to be clean, but it ends up being dirty, I'm not going to hoop and hollar that the glass is dirty when I should expect a clean one! I'm just going to get another glass and enjoy my drink.

 

The same with home. Yeah home needs improvement. Yeah we've been promised certain things and have yet to see them delivered. But I'm not going to give myself a hernia, or an anyuerism, or a heart attack over those things. I choose to ENJOY my life . . . not get so worked up over unimportant things like this. I'll make my complaints known sure. But in a civil manner I know will work, and then that'll be it, I choose not to let the things I'm complaining about, control my life and my emotions.

 

I will enjoy home. I will say it needs improvement. But I will still enjoy what I have.


Then you deserver what you get in life.  It's not about crying over spilled milk it's about getting what you deserver.  Your not a fighter but I am if Someone tells me that they are going to give me something then they better do just that.  Let's stop right now trying to come up with new excuses for why Sony does not have to keep there word.


 

So I'm curious. What exactly do we deserve? Cause I see us getting delivered a place for PS3 owners to meet and interact 24 hours a day (With the exception of maintenance days) that can go and play mini games with friends along with launch into a few titles with friends and soon enough, launch into all titles from within Home. We've got almost exactly what GDC put out for a product of Home.

 

Plus what do we "deserve" from a product that really can be free entirely? Plus huh... If someone tells you that they are going to give you something they'd better do just that? Oh, you mean what Phil Harrison announced at  GDC 07? Many of the same things that we do actually have today? Or the Phil Harrison who no longer works for Sony?

 

All in all Home improves and gets more and more content as time passes along with new features. 1.3 is just going to add to those features and quality of Home.

 

Plus... You do realize that most of what you just put up was "crying over spilled milk"?

 

"I was supposed to get milk and you were going to give it to me then it spilled and I didn't get it!!!! I don't want the milk that's in the fridge I want the milk that I was supposed to get!!! Waaaaa!!!"

 

All in all the bottom line should be this: Sure we don't have some features that were shown at a show that happened over two years ago. But then those things were shown on a much smaller scale Home that isn't here now. Numbers for users of Home since then has greatly risen. What works for small numbers might not work for larger numbers.

 

If TVs and radios came out tomorrow, then great, another feature we can use within Home. But if it doesn't why sit and complain about it constantly? I'd rather know that the product that they finally put out will work as intented rather than us encountering issues that could arise from a not completely finished product. But here's something to think about:

 

Even if these features get added people will find something else to complain about. If those TVs and radios don't work to a user's liking they'll complain about it, even if it's exactly as it was put off in 07. No matter what there's always going to be one person to complain about something or trolls to sit and run down Home at any chance they can get. Instead of sitting and worrying about what's not here yet though, why not focus on what we do have or what's up to come? We have these things upcoming that have been features that've been asked for that are getting delivered. Shouldn't that be enough to be happy about?

 

So instead of worrying about the one bit of spilt milk, why not go and get more from the fridge? Be happy with what Home has to offer instead of focusing on things that it doesn't yet. It should also be noted that it's not like Home management has said that these issues aren't coming period. The trophy room was asked about at one point to which it got a direct reply from Cyd that they're working hard to bring out the feature, something that recently has been backed by evidence in coding from Home. Instead of worrying about the fact that we don't have these items, why not try to find a work around to even get a basic form of these features available? Instead of streaming content to everybody in your personal spaces with music, have it privately set or Home opened up so we could listen to music off the XMB? Instead of streaming vids in Home ask for something like working TVs that stream through content like trailers that are already available in Home. All in all instead of sitting and complaing about the fact that we don't have such and such, try to compromise and find a work around until total finished products for streaming music and vids can be put in.

Message Edited by TheUndertaker85 on 08-23-2009 10:23 PM
Message 105 of 152 (3 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: Core Client Update 1.3 is just the worst update ever!

Aug 24, 2009

TheUndertaker85 wrote:

 

So I'm curious. What exactly do we deserve? Cause I see us getting delivered a place for PS3 owners to meet and interact 24 hours a day (With the exception of maintenance days) that can go and play mini games with friends along with launch into a few titles with friends and soon enough, launch into all titles from within Home. We've got almost exactly what GDC put out for a product of Home.

 

Plus what do we "deserve" from a product that really can be free entirely? Plus huh... If someone tells you that they are going to give you something they'd better do just that? Oh, you mean what Phil Harrison announced at  GDC 07? Many of the same things that we do actually have today? Or the Phil Harrison who no longer works for Sony?

 

All in all Home improves and gets more and more content as time passes along with new features. 1.3 is just going to add to those features and quality of Home.

 

Plus... You do realize that most of what you just put up was "crying over spilled milk"?

 

"I was supposed to get milk and you were going to give it to me then it spilled and I didn't get it!!!! I don't want the milk that's in the fridge I want the milk that I was supposed to get!!! Waaaaa!!!"


 

I'm not trying to call anyone any names but where I'm from they are called "Peons".  People that don't stand up for there selfs or people that make up excuses (I'm not going to cry over spilled milk) on why something bad happes to them.  Alot of the people here that seem to be defending Sony seem to be making up excuses for Sony or saying that it's not a big deal that Sony is not keeping there word.  I do understand that Home is free but I am a customer of Home I have payed for items on Home and I do not deserver to be lied to.  If Sony said that something is going to be out in Fall of 07 then it should come out Fall of 07 not late Summer 09.

 

"GDC 07? Many of the same things that we do actually have today? Or the Phil Harrison who no longer works for Sony?"

There where very few things in that video that we have today.  Even the picture frames are an upgrade from the picture frames we have today.  Other then the logcabin what is there that we have on Home Today? 

 

I'll make a list of the things that where in that movie that are not in Home today:

  • New spots not in Home yet (pent house not on our server)
  • Items on his Avater not in Home yet
  • Items in Home space not in Home yet
  • furniture not in Home yet
  • "photo mode" not in Home yet (comeing in the update)
  • Website
  • Emotes where in Home but where latter taken out.  (the girl in the back was doing the bus driver)

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 106 of 152 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/10/2008
Offline
834 posts
 

Re: Core Client Update 1.3 is just the worst update ever!

Aug 24, 2009

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

TheUndertaker85 wrote:

 

So I'm curious. What exactly do we deserve? Cause I see us getting delivered a place for PS3 owners to meet and interact 24 hours a day (With the exception of maintenance days) that can go and play mini games with friends along with launch into a few titles with friends and soon enough, launch into all titles from within Home. We've got almost exactly what GDC put out for a product of Home.

 

Plus what do we "deserve" from a product that really can be free entirely? Plus huh... If someone tells you that they are going to give you something they'd better do just that? Oh, you mean what Phil Harrison announced at  GDC 07? Many of the same things that we do actually have today? Or the Phil Harrison who no longer works for Sony?

 

All in all Home improves and gets more and more content as time passes along with new features. 1.3 is just going to add to those features and quality of Home.

 

Plus... You do realize that most of what you just put up was "crying over spilled milk"?

 

"I was supposed to get milk and you were going to give it to me then it spilled and I didn't get it!!!! I don't want the milk that's in the fridge I want the milk that I was supposed to get!!! Waaaaa!!!"


 

I'm not trying to call anyone any names but where I'm from they are called "Peons".  People that don't stand up for there selfs or people that make up excuses (I'm not going to cry over spilled milk) on why something bad happes to them.  Alot of the people here that seem to be defending Sony seem to be making up excuses for Sony or saying that it's not a big deal that Sony is not keeping there word.  I do understand that Home is free but I am a customer of Home I have payed for items on Home and I do not deserver to be lied to.  If Sony said that something is going to be out in Fall of 07 then it should come out Fall of 07 not late Summer 09.

 

"GDC 07? Many of the same things that we do actually have today? Or the Phil Harrison who no longer works for Sony?"

There where very few things in that video that we have today.  Even the picture frames are an upgrade from the picture frames we have today.  Other then the logcabin what is there that we have on Home Today? 

 

I'll make a list of the things that where in that movie that are not in Home today:

  • New spots not in Home yet (pent house not on our server)
  • Items on his Avater not in Home yet
  • Items in Home space not in Home yet
  • furniture not in Home yet
  • "photo mode" not in Home yet (comeing in the update)
  • Website
  • Emotes where in Home but where latter taken out.  (the girl in the back was doing the bus driver)

 

And to I say, so what?

 

The penthouse isn't available anywhere right now because of issues. It's been stated a few times too that after those problems are fixed NA will be receiving the penthouse also.

 

You're seriously talking about items on an avatar? You do realize that styles and "fads" change all the time? It's only natural that things that an avatar would have or wear would change also.

 

The items in the home space thing goes in with TVs and radios doesn't it? What does it really matter? If you want these things suggest an alternative that can be worked easier and quicker so we can even have basic designs of these things rather than worrying about the fact that we don't have these things to a tee as shown.

 

Furniture goes in with the same case as items with the avatar. Styles and "fads" change daily. What people want at one point they don't the next.

 

You're seriously complaining about a feature that isn't here today but has been announced as coming? And at a free cost?

 

Emotes could even change because of "fads". There's more coming so why worry about it?

 

Finally since I skipped over this: There really isn't all that much in that vid that isn't available in Home today. Picture frames are here. Interaction is here. Bowling is available. Game spaces are available and to a better extent than what was shown. Plus if that's not good enough people attending and that saw that show even at the time knew that Phil Harrison was using a "Smoke and mirrors" sort of ruse. A lot of what he put out really couldn't be delivered on a larger scale that was talked about for Home at the scale that he put off.

 

Then since I skipped this also: You're a paying customer? Good for you. Did you pay for TVs and radios or many of the features that were shown? No, you didn't. You paid for items that you wanted to use within Home. So how do you figure you "deserve" these things that you honestly haven't paid for yet? If those things were out and you paid for them to be taken away then there'd be a different conversation, but that obviously hasn't happened. Plus better is you claim you've been lied to. How do you propose that? Out of anything devs and managers have put out the opposite message, that many of those features are coming but need tweaked or re-worked to work on a larger scale that Home has grown to.

 

I should finish by noting: Where I come from peons are people that constantly whine about numerous little things that in the full view of things really don't matter. To add to this they generally have little to no actual intellect when complaining or arguing.

 

Why worry about excuses for Sony? I'm just happy that Home was released, that I get to be a part of it, that I can get more from Home based off of what I choose to pay, not what is forced upon me, and that all around I can meet up with friends and family within Home to have a little fun with the things that are already offered to me with no cost at all to either party. Along with that I can make new friends in Home that have the same sorts of interests I do in a more relaxed environment than what's provided in any game with no actual goals but a place for me to be able to just sit down and socialize if I wish.

Message Edited by TheUndertaker85 on 08-23-2009 11:03 PM
Message 107 of 152 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: Core Client Update 1.3 is just the worst update ever!

Aug 24, 2009

TheUndertaker85 wrote:

 

And to I say, so what?

 

The penthouse isn't available anywhere right now because of issues. It's been stated a few times too that after those problems are fixed NA will be receiving the penthouse also.

 


That's not true I think I just loged on to the Japan sever and they had it in the Mall to buy the Penthouse.  It's Japan or EU server that has it go check for your self.

 


TheUndertaker85 wrote:

 

You're seriously talking about items on an avatar? You do realize that styles and "fads" change all the time? It's only natural that things that an avatar would have or wear would change also.


Ok, sounds good.  so do you want to make a bet that thoes items on the Avatars will never show up in Home?  .  You seem to think that seeing how they are only "fads" they will never show up in Home.  But I know Sony and how Sony likes to take there sweet time in bring items into Home.  Don't you think it would be a little on the dumb side for Sony to wast time and money makeing an item just to delete it?  TedTheDog said it can take up to a few Months just to make a T-shirt in Home.

 

I would also like to take this time to point out that once again you seem to be makeing up excuses just to defend Sony.  Why?  We all know that over time the truth will come out that your wrong.


TheUndertaker85 wrote:

 

The items in the home space thing goes in with TVs and radios doesn't it? What does it really matter? If you want these things suggest an alternative that can be worked easier and quicker so we can even have basic designs of these things rather than worrying about the fact that we don't have these things to a tee as shown.

 

Furniture goes in with the same case as items with the avatar. Styles and "fads" change daily. What people want at one point they don't the next.

 

You're seriously complaining about a feature that isn't here today but has been announced as coming? And at a free cost?


I don't think electronics are the same as items but that's up to your definition of the word.  Also if you have read some of my past post's I did make one about how TV's can do more then just show TV.  But I don't think Sony even has a problem with the TV's as so many people think.  Again they are just holding onto an item that is already done to be given to us latter on down the road.  The 360 now has TV's and they don't have any problems with them.

 

Furniture and fad's again I would love to know if you would be willing to bet on thoes items showing up in Home. 

 

Am I seriously complaining about a feature that is comeing soon?  YES!  You don't seem to get it...  It was said to be comeing out Fall of 07.  In other words it was a lie!  lol, it's almost as if Sony is brainwashing us.  Think about it!  They are a few years off and yet they are trying to make a big deal over how we are getting these cool new things as if they are new.  Game launching was in the Closed beta it was no big deal it's also nothing new.  Photo mode was said to come out in 07 and will be in this update again not new.  So other then shrink that no one even seems to want there is nothing new in this upcomeing update.


TheUndertaker85 wrote:

Emotes could even change because of "fads". There's more coming so why worry about it?


lol, you still don't get it do you?  The new update is said to have new Emotes what Emotes do you think thoes are?  Could they be the one's that we use to have from the CB days?  lol, I think we have a winner!!!  Nothing new comeing to this update.  Sony just think's we are all realy dumb and have forgoten all about these things.


TheUndertaker85 wrote:

 

Finally since I skipped over this: There really isn't all that much in that vid that isn't available in Home today. Picture frames are here. Interaction is here. Bowling is available. Game spaces are available and to a better extent than what was shown. Plus if that's not good enough people attending and that saw that show even at the time knew that Phil Harrison was using a "Smoke and mirrors" sort of ruse. A lot of what he put out really couldn't be delivered on a larger scale that was talked about for Home at the scale that he put off.

 

Then since I skipped this also: You're a paying customer? Good for you. Did you pay for TVs and radios or many of the features that were shown? No, you didn't. You paid for items that you wanted to use within Home. So how do you figure you "deserve" these things that you honestly haven't paid for yet? If those things were out and you paid for them to be taken away then there'd be a different conversation, but that obviously hasn't happened. Plus better is you claim you've been lied to. How do you propose that? Out of anything devs and managers have put out the opposite message, that many of those features are coming but need tweaked or re-worked to work on a larger scale that Home has grown to.

 

I should finish by noting: Where I come from peons are people that constantly whine about numerous little things that in the full view of things really don't matter. To add to this they generally have little to no actual intellect when complaining or arguing.

 

Why worry about excuses for Sony? I'm just happy that Home was released, that I get to be a part of it, that I can get more from Home based off of what I choose to pay, not what is forced upon me, and that all around I can meet up with friends and family within Home to have a little fun with the things that are already offered to me with no cost at all to either party. Along with that I can make new friends in Home that have the same sorts of interests I do in a more relaxed environment than what's provided in any game with no actual goals but a place for me to be able to just sit down and socialize if I wish.

Message Edited by TheUndertaker85 on 08-23-2009 11:03 PM

I already talked about Picture frames the one in the movie seems to be an update from the one we have today.  Also Interaction, bowling and game spaces where not in the movie so I don't know what your talking about.  You go on to say "A lot of what he put out really couldn't be delivered on a larger scale" but you have no facts to back any of that up with now do you?  I don't see what this larger scale your talking about is.  But everything he talked about seemed to work just fine in a private space with other peoepl in it while he was showing it off to everyone else.  If it worked fine for him then it should work for eveyone else.

 

You don't seem to understand the words "deserve" and being "lied to" or just about anything doing with Home for that fact.  You see Sony at one point said every time you pay for anything in Home the money would be spit up.  Part of the money will go to the programers another part will go to help keep PSN free and the last part will goto bring in more items to Home.  What I said before was to your post saying that Home is a free program wich it is but parts of Home are not free.  The other part of that post was to the fact that Sony did in fact lie to all of us.  Sony lied many times on-line one of thoes many times can be seen in that moive where he said that some of thoes items where comeing Fall of 07.

 

"Why worry about excuses for Sony?" I'll anser that it's lame.  Why do you think you need to make up excuses for Sony?  I'm a fact person the items that we where told we where going to get are sitting on a PC somewhere getting old.  You seen them and I've seen them working just fine over 3 years ago. 

 

Why fight to make Home a better place?  When there are people like your self that seem to be happy with Sony given us nothing?

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 108 of 152 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/10/2008
Offline
834 posts
 

Re: Core Client Update 1.3 is just the worst update ever!

Aug 24, 2009

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

TheUndertaker85 wrote:

 

And to I say, so what?

 

The penthouse isn't available anywhere right now because of issues. It's been stated a few times too that after those problems are fixed NA will be receiving the penthouse also.

 


That's not true I think I just loged on to the Japan sever and they had it in the Mall to buy the Penthouse.  It's Japan or EU server that has it go check for your self.

 


TheUndertaker85 wrote:

 

You're seriously talking about items on an avatar? You do realize that styles and "fads" change all the time? It's only natural that things that an avatar would have or wear would change also.


Ok, sounds good.  so do you want to make a bet that thoes items on the Avatars will never show up in Home?  .  You seem to think that seeing how they are only "fads" they will never show up in Home.  But I know Sony and how Sony likes to take there sweet time in bring items into Home.  Don't you think it would be a little on the dumb side for Sony to wast time and money makeing an item just to delete it?  TedTheDog said it can take up to a few Months just to make a T-shirt in Home.

 

I would also like to take this time to point out that once again you seem to be makeing up excuses just to defend Sony.  Why?  We all know that over time the truth will come out that your wrong.


TheUndertaker85 wrote:

 

The items in the home space thing goes in with TVs and radios doesn't it? What does it really matter? If you want these things suggest an alternative that can be worked easier and quicker so we can even have basic designs of these things rather than worrying about the fact that we don't have these things to a tee as shown.

 

Furniture goes in with the same case as items with the avatar. Styles and "fads" change daily. What people want at one point they don't the next.

 

You're seriously complaining about a feature that isn't here today but has been announced as coming? And at a free cost?


I don't think electronics are the same as items but that's up to your definition of the word.  Also if you have read some of my past post's I did make one about how TV's can do more then just show TV.  But I don't think Sony even has a problem with the TV's as so many people think.  Again they are just holding onto an item that is already done to be given to us latter on down the road.  The 360 now has TV's and they don't have any problems with them.

 

Furniture and fad's again I would love to know if you would be willing to bet on thoes items showing up in Home. 

 

Am I seriously complaining about a feature that is comeing soon?  YES!  You don't seem to get it...  It was said to be comeing out Fall of 07.  In other words it was a lie!  lol, it's almost as if Sony is brainwashing us.  Think about it!  They are a few years off and yet they are trying to make a big deal over how we are getting these cool new things as if they are new.  Game launching was in the Closed beta it was no big deal it's also nothing new.  Photo mode was said to come out in 07 and will be in this update again not new.  So other then shrink that no one even seems to want there is nothing new in this upcomeing update.


TheUndertaker85 wrote:

Emotes could even change because of "fads". There's more coming so why worry about it?


lol, you still don't get it do you?  The new update is said to have new Emotes what Emotes do you think thoes are?  Could they be the one's that we use to have from the CB days?  lol, I think we have a winner!!!  Nothing new comeing to this update.  Sony just think's we are all realy dumb and have forgoten all about these things.


TheUndertaker85 wrote:

 

Finally since I skipped over this: There really isn't all that much in that vid that isn't available in Home today. Picture frames are here. Interaction is here. Bowling is available. Game spaces are available and to a better extent than what was shown. Plus if that's not good enough people attending and that saw that show even at the time knew that Phil Harrison was using a "Smoke and mirrors" sort of ruse. A lot of what he put out really couldn't be delivered on a larger scale that was talked about for Home at the scale that he put off.

 

Then since I skipped this also: You're a paying customer? Good for you. Did you pay for TVs and radios or many of the features that were shown? No, you didn't. You paid for items that you wanted to use within Home. So how do you figure you "deserve" these things that you honestly haven't paid for yet? If those things were out and you paid for them to be taken away then there'd be a different conversation, but that obviously hasn't happened. Plus better is you claim you've been lied to. How do you propose that? Out of anything devs and managers have put out the opposite message, that many of those features are coming but need tweaked or re-worked to work on a larger scale that Home has grown to.

 

I should finish by noting: Where I come from peons are people that constantly whine about numerous little things that in the full view of things really don't matter. To add to this they generally have little to no actual intellect when complaining or arguing.

 

Why worry about excuses for Sony? I'm just happy that Home was released, that I get to be a part of it, that I can get more from Home based off of what I choose to pay, not what is forced upon me, and that all around I can meet up with friends and family within Home to have a little fun with the things that are already offered to me with no cost at all to either party. Along with that I can make new friends in Home that have the same sorts of interests I do in a more relaxed environment than what's provided in any game with no actual goals but a place for me to be able to just sit down and socialize if I wish.

Message Edited by TheUndertaker85 on 08-23-2009 11:03 PM

I already talked about Picture frames the one in the movie seems to be an update from the one we have today.  Also Interaction, bowling and game spaces where not in the movie so I don't know what your talking about.  You go on to say "A lot of what he put out really couldn't be delivered on a larger scale" but you have no facts to back any of that up with now do you?  I don't see what this larger scale your talking about is.  But everything he talked about seemed to work just fine in a private space with other peoepl in it while he was showing it off to everyone else.  If it worked fine for him then it should work for eveyone else.

 

You don't seem to understand the words "deserve" and being "lied to" or just about anything doing with Home for that fact.  You see Sony at one point said every time you pay for anything in Home the money would be spit up.  Part of the money will go to the programers another part will go to help keep PSN free and the last part will goto bring in more items to Home.  What I said before was to your post saying that Home is a free program wich it is but parts of Home are not free.  The other part of that post was to the fact that Sony did in fact lie to all of us.  Sony lied many times on-line one of thoes many times can be seen in that moive where he said that some of thoes items where comeing Fall of 07.

 

"Why worry about excuses for Sony?" I'll anser that it's lame.  Why do you think you need to make up excuses for Sony?  I'm a fact person the items that we where told we where going to get are sitting on a PC somewhere getting old.  You seen them and I've seen them working just fine over 3 years ago. 

 

Why fight to make Home a better place?  When there are people like your self that seem to be happy with Sony given us nothing?


 

Both have reported issues with the space that are big enough to remove it. I do know it's not in EU also as there's a notice on their forum stating that they removed it due to issues with the space at which point refunds were given. So, we want a screwed up space here in the NA Home for users to complain about? Even if we don't get it so what? We have the Chamber Apartment which no other region has, correct?

 

Also, have you ever heard of the creative process? What you just described is exactly that. You design something, see how it works, then alter things as the process goes along until you have a finished process. So yes, it is possible that Sony designed something for testing then abandoned it or altered it into something we have now, which seems to be the case in most things in Home. And of course, it'll come out that I'm wrong... Ya know, cause I'm complaining about stuff that's been confirmed as being worked on or coming... Also none of that defends anybodys anything. Do most radio stations play music that was played in the 50's or 60's? No, they don't because that's not what's "in" or going to catch attention.

 

The 360 doesn't have TVs either. They have a version of streaming sponsored by Netflix who assumes the liabilities. In turn they also pay the Netflix price on top of the XBL price to even use it. Also yes, I'd be willing to bet on it. What you saw there was odds are altered into something else that Home currently has, thus the creative process.

 

And yup, it's a lie because they said in 07 that Home'll be able to use the photograph feature. Did they say when? Oh? They didn't? Isn't that funny. It's not like he stood there and said "Tomorrow we're making these cameras work with Home!" So did they lie? No, they didn't. We ARE getting the feature that they announced, so how could it in any way be a lie? "We're going to have cameras to take pics within Home" "Cameras are coming with a new update!" "You lie! You said we'd get the cameras... That... We're... Getting..." Who cares if it's not new? It's still game launching from Home bottom line, something that we haven't had in quite some time. So, it is new to the people that didn't get into Home until open beta or after they removed the Universal Game Launching feature.

 

I'm so glad you can see into the future also. Even if the old stuff gets added, who really cares? It's additions to Home to make things better. But hey, weren't you talking about the GDC emotes a second ago, not the closed beta ones? So which is it again?

 

Also are you sure that bowling wasn't in there? Here's a few vids. Btw, the Summer House is in there.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZY2vwlh5-g

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCWYG2syuhI - Part one with Phil Harrison

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8ore7INF4Q - Part two with Phil Harrison

 

The first vid does show bowling and the Summer House. Part two also shows the Summer House again. I'm also sure that there's enough to show those facts with the major outage that was experienced within the first few days of Home going into open beta along with what happened with voice chat once it went open. Many things that was shown in 2007 wouldn't if not couldn't handle the type of demand Home has now.

 

I like how you avoided my question also: Did you or did you not pay for all of these things that haven't been in Home? So what right do you have to them at all? Cause I'm pretty sure the answer is you haven't paid for these features that don't exsist, so therefore you wouldn't actually have a right to them. But I guess by logic(At least yours) that because I have a PS3 right now when the PS4 gets released (If ever) I automatically have rights to it since it'll be the successor of the PS3 - Or if the largest, fastest internet company in the world says "You can have the worlds fastest internet when it comes out in 2010" that I am automatically entitled to it if I don't pay for it? No, it doesn't work that way. You're acting as if you're entitled to something from Sony just because they gave a basic idea of how Home was going to work on a much smaller scale - Unfortiounately I hate to burst your bubble but you really aren't until those things are released and if need be, you purchase them. Until then all you are actually entitled to or deserve is the free social network that Phil Harrison announced at GDC that is available to you right now.

 

But don't take my word for it. How about this. Go and try to sue Sony claiming that you "Deserve" these things that were shown in 2007 that aren't available right now and see how well that pans out. Guaranteed you'd lose that argument fast as if you look around, there are no guarantees on the content in games/programs. Makers can change those things at any point as long as it doesn't eliminate the purpose presented as the whole picture, in this case a social network for PS3 users to gather.

 

So, a guy who no longer works at Sony said it'd be out in 07 - Ya know, toward the time the original closed beta started? So to that extent it was actually "Open", even if it wasn't to the public. But then even now that's by far the biggest, saddest pile of crap complaint I've seen thus far - Who cares that it wasn't here then? Is this then or now? We do have the service now and have had it for a bit in an open stage for anybody to join. What's better is that's just like a game getting released late. Sure people are disappointed but it gets released doesn't it?

 

And great, working fine three years ago... Remind me again since you've avoided this tons. How many people were using Home when it first got announced? Not nearly as many as now. Before you go back into the people in his space. How many people was there? You can go count in the vid if you wish, but all in all it won't be taking into account how many people are on Home overall. More people = more stress = more issues.

 

And finally, because we can make Home better in many better ways rather than whinning constantly about "I deserve this" "I deserve that". I never knew also that suggestions never helped to make Home better since how many of our suggestions have been added? But gee, I suppose you can read my inbox too where I was busy emailing companies suggesting game launching such as Burnout Paradise and GTA IV. But if those things come they don't actually make Home better... Plus we should blame Sony for companies that don't support Home even though great ones like EA have...

 

But yes, Sony gives us nothing... But again, a free social networking program exclusive to PS3 owners that was the big key point in 07 that's up and running constantly for us to use. But hey, that's nothing...

 

Hey, since I thought of this also. Would you be whinning more or less if the camera feature wasn't being added to Home in the next update? How about game launching at all? Or any of the other features that will be added? I'm just wondering cause you're **bleep**ing about these things not being in Home while things are getting added that you're talking about... At the same time though what about if they weren't coming? I'm sure the answer is you'd still be there whinning about it, if not even more than you are. What if Sony came out tomorrow and said they were shutting down the servers? Probably wouldn't happen but still. You'd be whinning that there's no Home at all.

 

See the little trend going on? No matter what I'd be willing to bet you'd still be whinning and trying to say that you "deserve" these things. But do you really? Sony chooses to run the servers. Sony chooses to make the products that you buy, get free, or don't buy. Sony is the ones running Home at all for us to use as a social network for all PS3 owners. Did they have to do any of this and risk taking a farther hit? No, they didn't.

 

Lets try changing things up a bit. If an item that costs money to make and develope doesn't get bought to a certain extent, what happens? Sony takes a loss on that item. If spaces get screwed that people have bought, what happens? Like the penthouse Sony has to pull the space because of major issues and give refunds. Sony loses money there for the time the space is down then there's no guarantee that everybody that bought it in the first place will buy it again because of bad experiences.

 

You as a consumer really aren't entitled to crap. Sony could pull the Home servers period tomorrow and state a reason of losing money or too many issues caused by the program. Do you really think if that happens that you're entitled to a refund? In honesty you aren't. You had the item and got to use the item even if it was for a limited time. You really aren't entitled to anything nor does Sony really owe you anything beyond what they've already provided.

Message Edited by TheUndertaker85 on 08-24-2009 02:24 AM
Message 109 of 152 (3 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/22/2009
Online
29220 posts
 

Re: Core Client Update 1.3 is just the worst update ever!

Aug 24, 2009

TheUndertaker85 wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

TheUndertaker85 wrote:

 

And to I say, so what?

 

The penthouse isn't available anywhere right now because of issues. It's been stated a few times too that after those problems are fixed NA will be receiving the penthouse also.

 


That's not true I think I just loged on to the Japan sever and they had it in the Mall to buy the Penthouse.  It's Japan or EU server that has it go check for your self.

 


TheUndertaker85 wrote:

 

You're seriously talking about items on an avatar? You do realize that styles and "fads" change all the time? It's only natural that things that an avatar would have or wear would change also.


Ok, sounds good.  so do you want to make a bet that thoes items on the Avatars will never show up in Home?  .  You seem to think that seeing how they are only "fads" they will never show up in Home.  But I know Sony and how Sony likes to take there sweet time in bring items into Home.  Don't you think it would be a little on the dumb side for Sony to wast time and money makeing an item just to delete it?  TedTheDog said it can take up to a few Months just to make a T-shirt in Home.

 

I would also like to take this time to point out that once again you seem to be makeing up excuses just to defend Sony.  Why?  We all know that over time the truth will come out that your wrong.


TheUndertaker85 wrote:

 

The items in the home space thing goes in with TVs and radios doesn't it? What does it really matter? If you want these things suggest an alternative that can be worked easier and quicker so we can even have basic designs of these things rather than worrying about the fact that we don't have these things to a tee as shown.

 

Furniture goes in with the same case as items with the avatar. Styles and "fads" change daily. What people want at one point they don't the next.

 

You're seriously complaining about a feature that isn't here today but has been announced as coming? And at a free cost?


I don't think electronics are the same as items but that's up to your definition of the word.  Also if you have read some of my past post's I did make one about how TV's can do more then just show TV.  But I don't think Sony even has a problem with the TV's as so many people think.  Again they are just holding onto an item that is already done to be given to us latter on down the road.  The 360 now has TV's and they don't have any problems with them.

 

Furniture and fad's again I would love to know if you would be willing to bet on thoes items showing up in Home. 

 

Am I seriously complaining about a feature that is comeing soon?  YES!  You don't seem to get it...  It was said to be comeing out Fall of 07.  In other words it was a lie!  lol, it's almost as if Sony is brainwashing us.  Think about it!  They are a few years off and yet they are trying to make a big deal over how we are getting these cool new things as if they are new.  Game launching was in the Closed beta it was no big deal it's also nothing new.  Photo mode was said to come out in 07 and will be in this update again not new.  So other then shrink that no one even seems to want there is nothing new in this upcomeing update.


TheUndertaker85 wrote:

Emotes could even change because of "fads". There's more coming so why worry about it?


lol, you still don't get it do you?  The new update is said to have new Emotes what Emotes do you think thoes are?  Could they be the one's that we use to have from the CB days?  lol, I think we have a winner!!!  Nothing new comeing to this update.  Sony just think's we are all realy dumb and have forgoten all about these things.


TheUndertaker85 wrote:

 

Finally since I skipped over this: There really isn't all that much in that vid that isn't available in Home today. Picture frames are here. Interaction is here. Bowling is available. Game spaces are available and to a better extent than what was shown. Plus if that's not good enough people attending and that saw that show even at the time knew that Phil Harrison was using a "Smoke and mirrors" sort of ruse. A lot of what he put out really couldn't be delivered on a larger scale that was talked about for Home at the scale that he put off.

 

Then since I skipped this also: You're a paying customer? Good for you. Did you pay for TVs and radios or many of the features that were shown? No, you didn't. You paid for items that you wanted to use within Home. So how do you figure you "deserve" these things that you honestly haven't paid for yet? If those things were out and you paid for them to be taken away then there'd be a different conversation, but that obviously hasn't happened. Plus better is you claim you've been lied to. How do you propose that? Out of anything devs and managers have put out the opposite message, that many of those features are coming but need tweaked or re-worked to work on a larger scale that Home has grown to.

 

I should finish by noting: Where I come from peons are people that constantly whine about numerous little things that in the full view of things really don't matter. To add to this they generally have little to no actual intellect when complaining or arguing.

 

Why worry about excuses for Sony? I'm just happy that Home was released, that I get to be a part of it, that I can get more from Home based off of what I choose to pay, not what is forced upon me, and that all around I can meet up with friends and family within Home to have a little fun with the things that are already offered to me with no cost at all to either party. Along with that I can make new friends in Home that have the same sorts of interests I do in a more relaxed environment than what's provided in any game with no actual goals but a place for me to be able to just sit down and socialize if I wish.

Message Edited by TheUndertaker85 on 08-23-2009 11:03 PM

I already talked about Picture frames the one in the movie seems to be an update from the one we have today.  Also Interaction, bowling and game spaces where not in the movie so I don't know what your talking about.  You go on to say "A lot of what he put out really couldn't be delivered on a larger scale" but you have no facts to back any of that up with now do you?  I don't see what this larger scale your talking about is.  But everything he talked about seemed to work just fine in a private space with other peoepl in it while he was showing it off to everyone else.  If it worked fine for him then it should work for eveyone else.

 

You don't seem to understand the words "deserve" and being "lied to" or just about anything doing with Home for that fact.  You see Sony at one point said every time you pay for anything in Home the money would be spit up.  Part of the money will go to the programers another part will go to help keep PSN free and the last part will goto bring in more items to Home.  What I said before was to your post saying that Home is a free program wich it is but parts of Home are not free.  The other part of that post was to the fact that Sony did in fact lie to all of us.  Sony lied many times on-line one of thoes many times can be seen in that moive where he said that some of thoes items where comeing Fall of 07.

 

"Why worry about excuses for Sony?" I'll anser that it's lame.  Why do you think you need to make up excuses for Sony?  I'm a fact person the items that we where told we where going to get are sitting on a PC somewhere getting old.  You seen them and I've seen them working just fine over 3 years ago. 

 

Why fight to make Home a better place?  When there are people like your self that seem to be happy with Sony given us nothing?


 

Both have reported issues with the space that are big enough to remove it. I do know it's not in EU also as there's a notice on their forum stating that they removed it due to issues with the space at which point refunds were given. So, we want a screwed up space here in the NA Home for users to complain about? Even if we don't get it so what? We have the Chamber Apartment which no other region has, correct?

 

Also, have you ever heard of the creative process? What you just described is exactly that. You design something, see how it works, then alter things as the process goes along until you have a finished process. So yes, it is possible that Sony designed something for testing then abandoned it or altered it into something we have now, which seems to be the case in most things in Home. And of course, it'll come out that I'm wrong... Ya know, cause I'm complaining about stuff that's been confirmed as being worked on or coming... Also none of that defends anybodys anything. Do most radio stations play music that was played in the 50's or 60's? No, they don't because that's not what's "in" or going to catch attention.

 

The 360 doesn't have TVs either. They have a version of streaming sponsored by Netflix who assumes the liabilities. In turn they also pay the Netflix price on top of the XBL price to even use it. Also yes, I'd be willing to bet on it. What you saw there was odds are altered into something else that Home currently has, thus the creative process.

 

And yup, it's a lie because they said in 07 that Home'll be able to use the photograph feature. Did they say when? Oh? They didn't? Isn't that funny. It's not like he stood there and said "Tomorrow we're making these cameras work with Home!" So did they lie? No, they didn't. We ARE getting the feature that they announced, so how could it in any way be a lie? "We're going to have cameras to take pics within Home" "Cameras are coming with a new update!" "You lie! You said we'd get the cameras... That... We're... Getting..." Who cares if it's not new? It's still game launching from Home bottom line, something that we haven't had in quite some time. So, it is new to the people that didn't get into Home until open beta or after they removed the Universal Game Launching feature.

 

I'm so glad you can see into the future also. Even if the old stuff gets added, who really cares? It's additions to Home to make things better. But hey, weren't you talking about the GDC emotes a second ago, not the closed beta ones? So which is it again?

 

Also are you sure that bowling wasn't in there? Here's a few vids. Btw, the Summer House is in there.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZY2vwlh5-g

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCWYG2syuhI - Part one with Phil Harrison

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8ore7INF4Q - Part two with Phil Harrison

 

The first vid does show bowling and the Summer House. Part two also shows the Summer House again. I'm also sure that there's enough to show those facts with the major outage that was experienced within the first few days of Home going into open beta along with what happened with voice chat once it went open. Many things that was shown in 2007 wouldn't if not couldn't handle the type of demand Home has now.

 

I like how you avoided my question also: Did you or did you not pay for all of these things that haven't been in Home? So what right do you have to them at all? Cause I'm pretty sure the answer is you haven't paid for these features that don't exsist, so therefore you wouldn't actually have a right to them. But I guess by logic(At least yours) that because I have a PS3 right now when the PS4 gets released (If ever) I automatically have rights to it since it'll be the successor of the PS3 - Or if the largest, fastest internet company in the world says "You can have the worlds fastest internet when it comes out in 2010" that I am automatically entitled to it if I don't pay for it? No, it doesn't work that way. You're acting as if you're entitled to something from Sony just because they gave a basic idea of how Home was going to work on a much smaller scale - Unfortiounately I hate to burst your bubble but you really aren't until those things are released and if need be, you purchase them. Until then all you are actually entitled to or deserve is the free social network that Phil Harrison announced at GDC that is available to you right now.

 

But don't take my word for it. How about this. Go and try to sue Sony claiming that you "Deserve" these things that were shown in 2007 that aren't available right now and see how well that pans out. Guaranteed you'd lose that argument fast as if you look around, there are no guarantees on the content in games/programs. Makers can change those things at any point as long as it doesn't eliminate the purpose presented as the whole picture, in this case a social network for PS3 users to gather.

 

So, a guy who no longer works at Sony said it'd be out in 07 - Ya know, toward the time the original closed beta started? So to that extent it was actually "Open", even if it wasn't to the public. But then even now that's by far the biggest, saddest pile of crap complaint I've seen thus far - Who cares that it wasn't here then? Is this then or now? We do have the service now and have had it for a bit in an open stage for anybody to join. What's better is that's just like a game getting released late. Sure people are disappointed but it gets released doesn't it?

 

And great, working fine three years ago... Remind me again since you've avoided this tons. How many people were using Home when it first got announced? Not nearly as many as now. Before you go back into the people in his space. How many people was there? You can go count in the vid if you wish, but all in all it won't be taking into account how many people are on Home overall. More people = more stress = more issues.

 

And finally, because we can make Home better in many better ways rather than whinning constantly about "I deserve this" "I deserve that". I never knew also that suggestions never helped to make Home better since how many of our suggestions have been added? But gee, I suppose you can read my inbox too where I was busy emailing companies suggesting game launching such as Burnout Paradise and GTA IV. But if those things come they don't actually make Home better... Plus we should blame Sony for companies that don't support Home even though great ones like EA have...

 

But yes, Sony gives us nothing... But again, a free social networking program exclusive to PS3 owners that was the big key point in 07 that's up and running constantly for us to use. But hey, that's nothing...

 

Hey, since I thought of this also. Would you be whinning more or less if the camera feature wasn't being added to Home in the next update? How about game launching at all? Or any of the other features that will be added? I'm just wondering cause you're **bleep**ing about these things not being in Home while things are getting added that you're talking about... At the same time though what about if they weren't coming? I'm sure the answer is you'd still be there whinning about it, if not even more than you are. What if Sony came out tomorrow and said they were shutting down the servers? Probably wouldn't happen but still. You'd be whinning that there's no Home at all.

 

See the little trend going on? No matter what I'd be willing to bet you'd still be whinning and trying to say that you "deserve" these things. But do you really? Sony chooses to run the servers. Sony chooses to make the products that you buy, get free, or don't buy. Sony is the ones running Home at all for us to use as a social network for all PS3 owners. Did they have to do any of this and risk taking a farther hit? No, they didn't.

 

Lets try changing things up a bit. If an item that costs money to make and develope doesn't get bought to a certain extent, what happens? Sony takes a loss on that item. If spaces get screwed that people have bought, what happens? Like the penthouse Sony has to pull the space because of major issues and give refunds. Sony loses money there for the time the space is down then there's no guarantee that everybody that bought it in the first place will buy it again because of bad experiences.

 

You as a consumer really aren't entitled to crap. Sony could pull the Home servers period tomorrow and state a reason of losing money or too many issues caused by the program. Do you really think if that happens that you're entitled to a refund? In honesty you aren't. You had the item and got to use the item even if it was for a limited time. You really aren't entitled to anything nor does Sony really owe you anything beyond what they've already provided.

Message Edited by TheUndertaker85 on 08-24-2009 02:24 AM

You do realize that some people complain, and that some people are "chronic complainers". Your post is right on the money. It's hard to believe the amount of whining around here. It comes for the most part, from the same "cast of characters" day in and day out.

 

Sony has a long term vision for home that most would be surprised with. It certainly is taking longer than many would like but this is going to be a long term service in my view. It'll be here when the PS3 is long gone. Just give it a chance. 

 

I can hardly wait for each and every update. In the meantime, I'll continue to enjoy home each and every day.

Message 110 of 152 (3 Views)