May 15 2013
By: SuspectOnFoot First Son 12 posts

Day and Nighttime Settings Properties

11 replies 158 views Edited May 15, 2013
I want a property set at dawn/dusk or nighttime.

I can only go by the pictures in the store. Do some have a day/night cycle? If so how can you tell? And do they go by real time (what time zone) or an artificial cycle?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: Day and Nighttime Settings Properties

May 15, 2013

Granzella's Japanese teahouse, Glittering sands apartment and GZ Burger, offer this day&night thing.

Southern Isle apartment and the EDO row houses, do the time change during special events and such only.

The Dream yachts offer this, at least the one in the gift machine does. I'm not too sure about the store bought one, perhaps somone can elaborate if it does or not.

The LOOT sunset yacht offers this as well. Eventually in time, they're re-releasing the Hollywood Hills apartment nightime version. So look forward to that.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (150 Views)
First Son
12 posts

May 15, 2013
So all the other properties are locked in at the time of the picture?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

SuspectOnFoot wrote:
So all the other properties are locked in at the time of the picture?

Do you mean, all the other properties available?

If so, I'm not 100% sure. However, I am sure that day and night cycles, hasn't been on Home that long. The first space I remember it getting introduced in, was the LOOT sunset yacht. Any space before that, I don't recall any day and night cycles.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

May 15, 2013
Ok thanks. I hate trying to set a romantic get together and it's high noon sunlight in your face.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

May 15, 2013

SuspectOnFoot wrote:
Ok thanks. I hate trying to set a romantic get together and it's high noon sunlight in your face.

Well, my suggestion for a romantic scenario would be Glittering retreat, or GZ burger.

Glittering retreat has that whole romantic getaway type feel, while GZ burger has that whole patio area, that feels like a romantic dinner for two.

Best way I can sum them two spaces up.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (119 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
758 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

Might want to double check with someone on the Lockwood spaces before considering it. It often doesn't reflect the day/night change for guests (works maybe 1 out of 100 times they enter). At least the paid one is like that. Not sure on the gift machine one.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4098 posts

May 15, 2013

Changing TOD effects (especially manually) add a great deal of value to personal spaces with outdoor envirmnents, which is why I am surprised more personal spaces do not include this option.

The same goes for public spaces (but automatic TOD changes obviously).

Even with devs that have offered TOD changes in the past, like LKWD, they are not consistent, like Dream Hideaway not having any TOD option or change.  Only Granzella appears to place a high value on TOD options for both their public and personal spaces...  but even they did not include a TOD chnage for Glittering Sands Beach public space, but at least they added a very nice one to the personal space version.

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Granzella's Japanese teahouse, Glittering sands apartment and GZ Burger, offer this day&night thing.

Southern Isle apartment and the EDO row houses, do the time change during special events and such only.

The Dream yachts offer this, at least the one in the gift machine does. I'm not too sure about the store bought one, perhaps somone can elaborate if it does or not.

The LOOT sunset yacht offers this as well. Eventually in time, they're re-releasing the Hollywood Hills apartment nightime version. So look forward to that.  

The Southern Island apartment (Private Hideaway) does have an automatic TOD change every hour (or might be 2 hours I forget) and even includes a beautiful fireworks display.  The EDO public space also has a Day/Night TOD cycle.

Image20120929162514925.jpg

Image20120929162539579.jpg

20130425 105901.jpg

20130425 105902.jpg

20130425 110001.jpg

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (103 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

May 15, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Changing TOD effects (especially manually) add a great deal of value to personal spaces with outdoor envirmnents, which is why I am surprised more personal spaces do not include this option.

The same goes for public spaces (but automatic TOD changes obviously).

Even with devs that have offered TOD changes in the past, like LKWD, they are not consistent, like Dream Hideaway not having any TOD option or change.  Only Granzella appears to place a high value on TOD options for both their public and personal spaces...  but even they did not include a TOD chnage for Glittering Sands Beach public space, but at least they added a very nice one to the personal space version.

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

The Southern Island apartment (Private Hideaway) does have an automatic TOD change every hour (or might be 2 hours I forget) and even includes a beautiful fireworks display.  The EDO public space also has a Day/Night TOD cycle.

Image20120929162514925.jpg

Image20120929162539579.jpg

20130425 105901.jpg

20130425 105902.jpg

20130425 110001.jpg

Alright, my apologies, I wasn't sure if that space had one or not.

Nice to see they included it in all their spaces, minus the fossil museum and EDO row houses.

Also, nice pictures by the way. :catwink:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (95 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
758 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Alright, my apologies, I wasn't sure if that space had one or not.

Nice to see they included it in all their spaces, minus the fossil museum and EDO row houses.

Edo is the same with the Southern Island Retreat. These 2 spaces changes automatically.
The others spaces are are done manually.
The fossil museum can change it's indoor lighting level. But yeah, not really a day/night thing like the others.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (89 Views)
0 Likes