Wastelander
585 posts

Re: Do NOT leave out Canada (and rest of the world!)

Mar 20, 2009

BriZNiZ wrote:
man im from the US but i have a couple friends from Canada on the PSN and i gotta agree thats just not right.... i wonder why they're not hookin it up? whats the deal?
Hey BriZ! That is the exact question we are trying to answer or at least find any information, what's the deal?

Sora Signature 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 480 of 1,426 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
565 posts

Re: Do NOT leave out Canada

Mar 20, 2009

buddykiwi wrote:
hey will cards from america work here in canada?  I do most of my shopping in america and could probably pick up some cards while down there.  OHHHH i should sell them to friends at home for 5 times what they're worth

Yes they DO.. There's a trick to it.

Create a second user on your PS3... Make the user as being from the USA, You can use the funds on the second account but all downloads will be available to user #1 too. The downside is that if you forget your second user's information eg passwords etc and have to do a backup and reinstall.. You're hooped to re-download the content.

Sad that it only works this way but it does work if you can get your hands on the cards ... I did this twice via ebay but ended up paying more than it was worth doing.

Please use plain text.
Message 481 of 1,426 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
585 posts

Mar 20, 2009

BCBUDZ wrote:

buddykiwi wrote:
hey will cards from america work here in canada?  I do most of my shopping in america and could probably pick up some cards while down there.  OHHHH i should sell them to friends at home for 5 times what they're worth

Yes they DO.. There's a trick to it.

Create a second user on your PS3... Make the user as being from the USA, You can use the funds on the second account but all downloads will be available to user #1 too. The downside is that if you forget your second user's information eg passwords etc and have to do a backup and reinstall.. You're hooped to re-download the content.

Sad that it only works this way but it does work if you can get your hands on the cards ... I did this twice via ebay but ended up paying more than it was worth doing.

Hey BCB! I am not quite sure with that theory of yours, I mean don't get me wrong, it will most likely work, but aren't the cards region locked? That's what I heard. And doesn't "Region Locked" mean no matter what, your PlayStation 3 cannot handle anything outside the country? I am just saying. But, I am most likely worng :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 482 of 1,426 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1457 posts

Mar 20, 2009

I'm a New Yorker, but I agree with u! It aint that hard to give you guys the same stuff... mostly in English anyway (and French isn't exactly the most difficult language to translate to either...).

Even though it won't directly affect me... I'll sign onto the petition with you guys, why should you have a lesser quality experience when you pay just as much as (if not more than) Americans...

Please use plain text.
Message 483 of 1,426 (4 Views)
Sackboy
482 posts

Mar 20, 2009

kNoWlEdGe22 wrote:

I'm a New Yorker, but I agree with u! It aint that hard to give you guys the same stuff... mostly in English anyway (and French isn't exactly the most difficult language to translate to either...).

Even though it won't directly affect me... I'll sign onto the petition with you guys, why should you have a lesser quality experience when you pay just as much as (if not more than) Americans...

Thankx boss!, always Glad to hear we have some support outside of canada. kudo's for sure, It would just be nice to hear from sony. telling us how we can help

alchemy528

&
Please use plain text.
Message 484 of 1,426 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
585 posts

Mar 20, 2009
I sent an e-mail to Sony regarding this issue and I specifically directed my E-mail on asking them WHAT we can do to grab the attention and get what we deserve...
Please use plain text.
Message 485 of 1,426 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
585 posts

Mar 20, 2009

I sent an E-mail to Sony, but I do not think I used the right e-mail address :smileytongue: I just went to the Contact Us option and there was a question option there. Does anyone know another e-mail?

Here is what I sent:

Dear Sony,

I am a Canadian costumer that is speaking on behalf of most Canadians who have purchased a PlayStation 3 and other Sony products. It has come to our intention that Canada has been excluded from most anticipated PlayStation 3 products and as well as events (such as PlayStation Home). The most wanted and demanded products that Canadian PlayStation users are craving are: PlayStation Network Cards and the PlayStation Video Store. We have been promised these items for a while to only get are hopes crushed by, "We do not know when" or "They will not be available to Canada". Take the Video Store for example: The day of the announcement, a Sony Representative announced the miraculous PlayStation Video Store, available to ALL North America. Us Canadians are full of excitement, thinking that we are finally included in a PlayStation break-through event, only to enter the PlayStation Store trying to find the Video store. And as we are not surprised, Sony has been focusing on an out-dated map because to them, Canada doesn't seem to be apart of the North America. That is just one example and I can goon for much longer. I have created a thread on the PlayStation 3 Forums (PlayStation Home Sub-category) called *Do NOT leave out Canada* (here is the link: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&thread.id=506850) where there has been almost 500 post and where so many PlayStation users around the world (USA, Other countries and specifically Canada) have agreed and support this issue. All we want is an explanation and a solution (maybe there is a way we can help?). Microsoft has successfully added a Video store and released there Microsoft Point cards as well as Nintendo. Why can't Sony?The Canadian PlayStation 3 population is growing everyday with more users wanting the same products. We are not becoming a smaller country but a stronger and larger one. We do deserve the products or even an explanation.

Thank you,  

Canadian PlayStation 3 Users 

Please use plain text.
Message 486 of 1,426 (4 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Mar 20, 2009

I feel like Sony is teasing us all the time.

"Yeah, we're going to come out with all this great stuff."

Canadians eagerly wait only to find they don't offer the service in Canada.

Seriously, I'm starting to think why even sell the PS3 in Canada? We can get into Home, but not participate in the contests (like finding the leprechaun). We can use the PSN Store, but cannot buy video content. We can buy PS3 games, but are not eligible for related contests (such as LBP and Warhawk contests).

Please use plain text.
Message 487 of 1,426 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4290 posts

Mar 20, 2009

kNoWlEdGe22 wrote:

Oh Thank God.

I knew not all Americans were as ridiculous as the majority that have posted in this topic, telling us Canadians to stop complaining, and that we suck.

Thankyou for re-affirming that the American values and chivalry that built the country can still be found there.

Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 488 of 1,426 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Mar 20, 2009

I'm Right behind you on this one

Napanee Ontario (Home of Avril Lavigne if you didnt know)

Please use plain text.
Message 489 of 1,426 (4 Views)
0 Likes