Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
51 posts

Re: Do NOT leave out Canada! *Unofficial Canadian Thread*

May 29, 2009
Just to keep the thread alive... come on Sony, do your part and get those people at Sony Canada to work for their pay and give us what we want for a change.
Message 720 of 1,426 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
585 posts

May 29, 2009

Moon_Spot wrote:

Okay I got a couple of beefs with some of the posts in this tread, nothing major just conflicting mindsets/understanding/ideologies.

for the users that suggest that Canadians should be fileing complaints with various branches of the Canadian government to "allow" or "expedite" Sony's products and or services to the Canadian Playstation 3 users.  I completely disagree with this mindset for a few reasons.

1 - Sony is a company/business if they WANT to sell a product or service to Canadians then they simply must enlist with Revenue Canada and or conform to Canadian Laws and standards.  This isn't hard in anyway or fashion (they already go through this in order to sell TV's and Games), and if we as Canadians wish for Sony to provide these products or services then it is to Sony we Canadians MUST file request and or Complaints to, NOT the CanGov.  If Sony decides that the Canadian users aren't worth the paperwork and phone calls (please note they don't even have to roll up their sleeves for this, its all "sitdown work" no real labour required, and IMO no labour = EZ) then that is Sony's choice and they have every right to make that choice, it just clearly communicates how unimportant Sony feels we are to them.

2 - I'm not inclined in the slightest to petition the Canadian government to give Sony a free pass to bend Laws that are in place to protect Canadian interests and surprise surprise by extension protect my interests and the interest of Canadian arts and businesses.  I'm/were supposed to research and lay the ground work out for Sony so that I/we can pay them for something???  WOW talk about a free ride.  I don't work for Sony so why should I/we do this for them?  I don't get it.   Why don't we just start a charity for Sony while were at it.

As for the ppl saying that Canada is a tiny market and that its not worth it for Sony to provide every single product/service to the Canadian market.  I don't agree with that statement as it is because if you think in terms of shipping and user density in geographical terms this argument is left wanting.  90% of the Canadian population lives within approx 160 kilometers of the U.S. of A border over a length of approx 3750 kilometers.  It is also worth noting that this 90% for the population are the people that have enough money to both buy a PS3 and highspeed internet.  I would hazard the guess that 95% of the 500'000 PS3's that have been sold in Canada are contained in this area of approx 600'000 Km².  The state of Texas is 696,241 km² as per Wiki.  So...how many PS3's are there in the state of Texas? 

I believe that in terms of population density the Canadian market is a very lucrative one for Sony.  

In my opinion if Sony wants to provide the same services to the Canadian market then it needs to come up with a system for handling how they release their products, so that internally the employees @ Sony get into the habit and or are forced to consider Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean before releasing products and services to North America.  As for the legalities with dealing with Canada Sony just needs to hire 1 person and say to them "Here.  You do this from 9 to 5.  here's your desk, phone and computer.  You prove to the Canadian Gov that 30% of the north American video game industry is developed in Canada and make sure that 10% of the movies/TV shows we offer for download are Canadian in some way either produced in part or in full in Canada or wholly Canadian...just upload X-files, BattleStar Galactica, the X-men movies and maybe some free previews from the Toronto Film festival...whatever, who cares just make it work"

I know things are more complicated then I'm making them sound but if Sony is capable of selling all toughs Rockband songs and virtual clothes in Home to Canadians at the tip of a hat, how is PSN cards any different?  And if Sony is NOT registering EVERY SINGLE virtual item they sell in Home and all the DLC @ the PSN store then I want my 13% Sales TAX back thieves!

P.S.. I don't give a fig about the PSN cards.  I want in on the contests!!!!

Message Edited by Moon_Spot on 05-28-2009 11:11 PM

I understand what you are saying...I think. Ok, hoenstly I have no clue because I don't have the time nor patience to read this. But, Sony is at fault here (in my opinion) because every other company did it and more!

Give me PSN Cards and Playstation Home contest or Give me death!

Sora Signature 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 721 of 1,426 (3 Views)
Splicer
82 posts

May 29, 2009
A kudo and a hell yah!
Message 722 of 1,426 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
717 posts

May 29, 2009
Canadians ARe CHill!!! =]
teacrazer
Message 723 of 1,426 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1190 posts

May 30, 2009

RaymondBel wrote: 
come on Sony, do your part and get those people at Sony Canada to work for their pay and give us what we want for a change.

oh for sure

Message 724 of 1,426 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
678 posts

May 30, 2009

TeaCrazer wrote:

XD yeah tim hortans ice capps put me in that chill mood

Put a stop to it agent P

Eh Oh Canada Go!!! This is our Games
Message 725 of 1,426 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
585 posts

May 31, 2009

buddykiwi wrote:

TeaCrazer wrote:

Oh Lord! I love the Ice Capps! I am craving one right now! 

Sora Signature 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 726 of 1,426 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1155 posts

May 31, 2009
Atlantic Canada here !!! rag-doll kunf fu recently was free to US users, not for us ... gotta go, my Saskatchewan sealskin boots need washing LMAO !!!
Photobucket
 photo CT3WinnerBanner_zps9eb2b641.png
Message 727 of 1,426 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
678 posts

May 31, 2009

blTteRaPp3l wrote:

buddykiwi wrote:

TeaCrazer wrote:

lol i'm very lucky, got to the mall yesterday so i got a large caramel ice capp supreme MMMMMMMMMM =DDDD

Put a stop to it agent P

Eh Oh Canada Go!!! This is our Games
Message 728 of 1,426 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1190 posts

Jun 1, 2009

buddykiwi wrote:

blTteRaPp3l wrote:

buddykiwi wrote:

TeaCrazer wrote:

lol i'm very lucky, got to the mall yesterday so i got a large caramel ice capp supreme MMMMMMMMMM =DDDD

i'm sorry but SPYUCK! not a fan of frozen coffee. much prefer my Timbits
Message 729 of 1,426 (3 Views)
0 Likes