Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 11 2009
By: blTteRaPp3l Wastelander 585 posts

Do NOT leave out Canada! *Unofficial Canadian Thread* - UPDATED NOV 6/09

1425 replies 187 views Edited Nov 11, 2009

My point of view

Honestly, I am extremly annoyed with everything, the PlayStation Video Store, PlayStation Network Cards, and now Home? How hard can it be to give Canada something? All they do is allow us to use the US content minus the good stuff. Like someone said, there is more then 500 000 PS3 users in Canada. If Sony is too lazy to deal with legal rights, then we can just give up...or we can do something. Send email, call or something. I called about PSN Cards, and they said that they will not be available in Canada due to legal rights. Ok, yeah right. Its not like they are going to sell illegal weapons. Canada deserves more! Please don't flame, especially the US users! Oh and please sign if you are a Canadian User, I would like to see how many there are on these boards.

*Sorry for not being clear before, but the things we don't get in Home are the contest! How hard can it be to bring them to Canada! Its notlike we are going to win house! Oh and as someone said, "Why don't you look in a official sony store"? Well, I did, I checked "The Sony Store, and "The Sony Style". I asked if they has any PSN Cards, and they don't even know what they are!

If Sony is going to release something for the PS3 such as PSN Cards, or a Video Store, then the best thing to do is to make sure it will be available to EVERYONE before they release it. 

Update

( June 10 2009)

Bad news! I called EB Games and they said that the cards are coming in a couple weeks to months! Not tomorrow! 

(June 12 2009)

The Playstation Network Cards are in Canada! I got one from EB Games!

(October 12 2009)

Tomorrow is the day 'Uncharted 2" is released to North America! Anyone ready for pure awesomeness?  

(October 12 2009)

This is for every Playstation Canadian user! If you want up-to-date news, threads and discussions, then you have to check out this Facebook group dedicated to the Canadian users. Here's the link: 

www.facebook.com/PlayStationCanada 

(October 26 2009)

Well, announced today was the Netflix service for the PlayStation 3! It's free to anyone with a Netflix subscription. Last time I checked, Netflix was an U.S.A. only service...am I correct?  So, that is an addition to what Canada is missing: The Video Store, Netflix, Home contest...etc. 

Take a look at this excerpt from the 'PlayStation Blog': 

FOSTER CITY and LOS GATOS, Calif., October 26, 2009 – Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. (SCEA) and Netflix, Inc. today announced that they are joining forces to make thousands of movies and TV episodes from Netflix available to be streamed instantly to TVs via the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system. Netflix expects to begin streaming via the PS3 system next month at no additional cost to Netflix members in the United States who have a PS3 system. 

That should sum it up. Canada, don't get your hopes up!

Here is the link to the PlayStation Blog for more information:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/10/netflix-coming-soon-to-playstation-3/ 

(November 6 2009)

Hey everyone!

I got some great news to share with you today! Posted on the Playstation blog, (mentioned by Jimmy1971 on this thread) was a post! Not just a regular everyday post, but a post containing the subject of CANADA. Yes! Canada is getting a contest exclusive to only Canada! Finally! It's an "Uncharted 2" contest, and if you guys interest, take a look at this link!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/11/attention-canadian-unchart

ed-2-among-thieves-fortune-hunters/  

Enter contest here: http://www.playstation.ca/promotions_events/main.aspx?id=33124  

Who know's, maybe this thread played a small role in this fantastic idea!

Good luck to every Canadian! 

The Great PlayStation Canadians

Here is a section where I post the PlayStation Network names of the users who helped me, or was a great support in this Canadian thread. I will update this frequently, and if you think that you should be on the list, please message me!

- buddykiwi - Hey Buddy, I got to say that you were a major part of this thread. You were hear since the beginning, and probably read every post on this thread! I can safely assume that you have the most posts on this thread and thanks to you, this thread survived! Thanks alot man!

- Big_Evil_Donut - Hey Donut! I wanted to thank you for keeping us Canadians informed and updated throughout this thread. I was skimming through the pages of the thread and noticed that you have posted in almost every single one! You rock!

- Dark__Gamer - Well, Dark...I must say that you are the serious one and you set us straight throughout the thread. You helped out alot! Thanks!

- nix_n_kuts - Ah Nix! Such a fimiliar face on our thread! You really helped us out, updating us and showing your support...thank you!

What does Canada need?

This is th place where this whole thread is summerized into point form. This is the place where people can tell me what they think Canada should have, and I will post them here...

- Video Store (Not Home related, but still important)

- Home Contest

- Home Events

- A forum board directed to Canadian Home users

- Playstation Home content directed towards Canadians, for example: Mountie outfit. 

- A Great Canadian Home room, where Canadian users can meet-up and hang-out! 

Keep up the good work guys! I am posistive that the letters, complaints and determination got to Sony and made them realize that we Canadians are here! Awesome work! Keep it up! Oh, and if you have any suggestions for a new section on this thread, please message me! It would be cool to have a thread for Canadians!

CanIaddyou?

Here is the list of Canadian users on these forums. If you do not want your name or you do want your name on this list, please message me. If you do not want to be added to anyone's friend list, but you want to be on the list, please message me. But, please, if I have missed or don't have your name on the list, contact me! 

2 - wmusgrave

3 - BlitzTheHero

4 - fujitech24

5 - Noelpioroda

6 - HSTRIP

7 - Mot345

8 - MrWalker007

9 - BleedBlueAndGold 

Message Edited by blTteRaPp3l on 11-05-2009 03:34 PM
Message Edited by blTteRaPp3l on 11-05-2009 03:34 PM
Message Edited by blTteRaPp3l on 11-06-2009 07:38 PM
Message Edited by blTteRaPp3l on 11-06-2009 07:38 PM
Message Edited by blTteRaPp3l on 11-11-2009 04:20 AM
Message Edited by blTteRaPp3l on 11-11-2009 04:20 AM
Sora Signature 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 1286 of 1,426 (187 Views)
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

Re: Do NOT leave out Canada

Dec 25, 2008
Amen!
William
Halifax, NS Canada
PS3: 80GB

Message 1 of 1,426 (187 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Dec 25, 2008

blTteRaPp3l wrote:
Honestly, I am extremly annoyed with everything, the PlayStation Video Store, PlayStation Network Cards, and now Home? How hard can it be to give Canada something? All they do is allow us to use the US content minus the good stuff. Like someone said, there is more then 500 000 PS3 users in Canada. If Sony is too lazy to deal with legal rights, then we can just give up...or we can do something. Send email, call or something. I called about PSN Cards, and they said that they will not be available in Canada due to legal rights. Ok, yeah right. Its not like they are going to sell illegal weapons. Canada deserves more! Please don't flame, especially the US users! Oh and please sign if you are a Canadian User, I would like to see how many there are on these boards.

if it makes you feel any better i live in the US and have never seen a playstation network card for sale

Message 2 of 1,426 (187 Views)
Survivor
2537 posts

Dec 25, 2008

XrobX wrote:

blTteRaPp3l wrote:

if it makes you feel any better i live in the US and have never seen a playstation network card for sale

I see them everywhere

I think we have way to many

Message 3 of 1,426 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Dec 26, 2008

ya eh.

the worst is how we get left out of all contests

ex guitar hero

Message 4 of 1,426 (187 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Dec 26, 2008

sorry,

we always seem to get the short end of the stick.

Message 5 of 1,426 (187 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1488 posts

Dec 26, 2008
Yes, Sony should focus on NORTH AMERICA, not United States Of America.
Message 6 of 1,426 (187 Views)
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Dec 26, 2008
What part of Home are we (canadians) not getting?  Don't we get the same as the US?
Message 7 of 1,426 (187 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Dec 26, 2008
I totally agree, c'mon let's get some more canadians to sign this!
Message 8 of 1,426 (187 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Dec 26, 2008

I too am quite perturbed about the whole PSN card thing.

I asked my girlfriend to get me one for Christmas, only for her to tell me this morning that they are not in Canada :smileymad:

Message 9 of 1,426 (187 Views)