PlayStation MVP
1507 posts

Re: Do you remember?

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

Myself,The first bink was awsome,I remember it like it was yesterday,my first thought was,OMG...YES!...love at first sight, I felt like i belonged here,I really did,I was blessed to get in really early on open beta,Got alot of help from the closed beta folks,Have always been grateful for that,I never felt like a so called noob,hate that word,anyways,every 1 comming in when i started was new also,got to see it grow to what it is today,iv'e honestly enjoyed every min of it..so exciting to be a part of somthing like home i feel,saw unlimited potential first day,and still see the sky as the limit.Also with the ps4 comming out and homes 5th aniversary to me equates to a BIG bang at the end of the year,...great time to be a ps3 and home user..can't wait to see what happens next!...:smileywink:

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 11 of 82 (302 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4053 posts

Apr 28, 2013
I remember not getting the point the first time I saw, downloaded, and installed Home. I didn't have any friends that played, so I looked around a while. Nobody spoke to me. I deleted it and went back to my games. 6 months later I reinstalled it to see what had changed. Deleted it again afterwards. It was not until I bought a Playstation with a larger hard drive that I left it on, and so the Icon would occationally draw me in to look around. Once I attended an E3 event, I got hooked on hunting the free rewards, and I played the Demo of Mercia (a role playing game! My favorite!) That's when I was hooked. I've been here almost every day since then, like that friend you can't remember who invited over, but he just won't leave.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 82 (293 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:
I remember not getting the point the first time I saw, downloaded, and installed Home. I didn't have any friends that played, so I looked around a while. Nobody spoke to me. I deleted it and went back to my games. 6 months later I reinstalled it to see what had changed. Deleted it again afterwards. It was not until I bought a Playstation with a larger hard drive that I left it on, and so the Icon would occationally draw me in to look around. Once I attended an E3 event, I got hooked on hunting the free rewards, and I played the Demo of Mercia (a role playing game! My favorite!) That's when I was hooked. I've been here almost every day since then, like that friend you can't remember who invited over, but he just won't leave.

Speaking of which...ahem...if you sleep on my couch at Hollywood Hills another week or so,  I really am going to have to charge you rent Julian. The maid bills alone are starting to add up and well, she asked to file some sort of complaint.

Message 13 of 82 (282 Views)
Wastelander
608 posts

Apr 28, 2013

lol The first time I came on home was like the first episode of lost. We all crash landed in CP. People walking around disoriented, others standing around just watching, diff groups were sitting in circles around cp just chatting. I looked for my friends, sat down, and started chatting. The rest is history.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 82 (269 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3250 posts

Apr 28, 2013

I remember thinking to myself "is this it?" Then I figured out that I could use the door to leave the Harbour :smileyembarrassed:

BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here
Message 15 of 82 (268 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1862 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

LOL @ Jo - I bet you did! 

My first day at Home...

Well, I had been looking forward to Home for a LONG time!  I was so excited when I got in!  As excited as I was to actually see Home, I ended up spending almost 2 hours mucking about with my Avi's appearance! lol  When I finally got in, I was surprised to see that there were no NPCs, and that there was a real person behind every face.  I was shy and didn't want to appear stupid by asking too many questions.  So, I quietly watched, & explored every area I could find.  I really liked the arcade games in the Bowling Alley (back when you had to wait for one to be open because everyone was trying to play)!  I didn't even decorate my Harbor Studio until the next day!

I can't even remember when/how I got them, but I remember I wore the Star sunglasses ALL the time back then. :smileylol:  I was also fond of the DigDug shorts.

I didn't really talk much to anyone, until Xi came out. - Wow, so much has changed, now you can't shut me up!

Message 16 of 82 (265 Views)
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Apr 28, 2013
I remember getting SUPER mad at the character design part so I told myself I'll invest the hours necessary after I decide if its worth it. So I wandered into the pool hall all noobed up, played ice breaker and while I was playing some dude came up to me and told me I was ugly... standing there until I got out of game and read it. i said to myself "well this game is full of jerks" so I turned it off and didn't touch it again until the welcome back package came out almost a year later. At that time I was crammed in a small house between moves, all surrounded by boxes. I had more stuff on ps home than unpacked at that moment,
so fiddling with the character design was much more worth my time. And I found out not everybody was so bad.
Message 17 of 82 (264 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Apr 28, 2013

3096061233_6780ec83cd.jpg

late beta, downloaded the 77 MB and loaded up a funny tile screen that clicked. you member!

Getting to the plaza and seeing the holographic "Home arch'' and walking around seeing the big screen across a cement pond that reminded me of Sea World. We had "open'' mics so Everyone talked to everyone. Wasn't long after that I was Rick Rolled :smileytongue: We lost open mics a few days later to ''technical issues'' and here we are.

I remember a small area near that had a crude dance area and I remember the first time selecting a casual dance.

Funny now thinking back because of all the changes and friends made along the way. Through good and some bad I wouldn't have had it any other way.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 18 of 82 (256 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Apr 28, 2013

ichibanluckycat wrote:
I remember getting SUPER mad at the character design part so I told myself I'll invest the hours necessary after I decide if its worth it. So I wandered into the pool hall all noobed up, played ice breaker and while I was playing some dude came up to me and told me I was ugly... standing there until I got out of game and read it. i said to myself "well this game is full of jerks" so I turned it off and didn't touch it again until the welcome back package came out almost a year later. At that time I was crammed in a small house between moves, all surrounded by boxes. I had more stuff on ps home than unpacked at that moment,
so fiddling with the character design was much more worth my time. And I found out not everybody was so bad.

That's right. I don't think many of us would still be here if it wasnt for a few people we met early on. I know that's certainly the case for me and why I continue on Home today.

Message 19 of 82 (253 Views)
MVP Support
997 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Everything has a beginning.

looking for your first day experiences in PlayStation Home. What do you remember about your first day in Home. Thoughts, impressions.

I will chime in a bit later.

Well, I remember exploring all of the Public Spaces and finding the stores. I always liked Central Plaza becuase it was a fun place to relax. :smileyhappy:

MVP Support Banner.jpg

http://us.playstation.com/ps-mvp-program/terms-and-conditions/
Message 20 of 82 (251 Views)