Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
1157 posts

Re: Do you remember?

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

3096061233_6780ec83cd.jpg

late beta, downloaded the 77 MB and loaded up a funny tile screen that clicked. you member!

Getting to the plaza and seeing the holographic "Home arch'' and walking around seeing the big screen across a cement pond that reminded me of Sea World. We had "open'' mics so Everyone talked to everyone. Wasn't long after that I was Rick Rolled :smileytongue: We lost open mics a few days later to ''technical issues'' and here we are.

I remember a small area near that had a crude dance area and I remember the first time selecting a casual dance.

Funny now thinking back because of all the changes and friends made along the way. Through good and some bad I wouldn't have had it any other way.

dat bubble machine in the pic. That's something you just don't see anymore.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 82 (333 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3625 posts

Apr 28, 2013
I remember entering CP, throwing on those SOCOM shirts you got for entering, and thinking my avatar was so cool looking.
Then I went over to the dance floor, and saw this female avatar with a really unique outfit. I tried to tell her I thought she had a neat outfit, but she called me a noob and said she was gonna report me for "stalking." Ha.
Also, the Welcome Back package was probably the best day of my noob life.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 82 (321 Views)
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Apr 28, 2013

As someone who has only been on Home for a couple months now, my first day I was so overwhelmed, it seemed like a endless row to scroll down of places to visit, it was at least 3 weeks before I got a routine down on places I visit daily...

photo samurai-bujutsu-107698.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 82 (318 Views)
Limit Breaker
16188 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Very true. Bubble machines were used so much the first week. You almost HAD to use them. ha!

I remember early on that we had our own dances and simple outfits and limited dance moves. Keep in mind there we 2 estates. lol.

The funny things that were..

24840-playstation-home.jpg

p.s. really nice to se the comments of your guy's first experiences.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 82 (311 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1897 posts

Apr 29, 2013
My first day on Playstation Home I was fascinated, I immediately liked it, I wound up in Central Plaza and noticed tons of real life advertisements and interesting sponsored events and participated in them all. I also liked how social the environment was and how easy it was to have fun at the time.

I also knew I didn't want to just sit around in default clothes so I basically just ran around every space reward hunting as to not look like a "noob".

It was a great experience and since then I've been an active Playstation Home user.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 82 (210 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4009 posts

Apr 29, 2013

myalana wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:
I remember not getting the point the first time I saw, downloaded, and installed Home. I didn't have any friends that played, so I looked around a while. Nobody spoke to me. I deleted it and went back to my games. 6 months later I reinstalled it to see what had changed. Deleted it again afterwards. It was not until I bought a Playstation with a larger hard drive that I left it on, and so the Icon would occationally draw me in to look around. Once I attended an E3 event, I got hooked on hunting the free rewards, and I played the Demo of Mercia (a role playing game! My favorite!) That's when I was hooked. I've been here almost every day since then, like that friend you can't remember who invited over, but he just won't leave.

Speaking of which...ahem...if you sleep on my couch at Hollywood Hills another week or so,  I really am going to have to charge you rent Julian. The maid bills alone are starting to add up and well, she asked to file some sort of complaint.

Fair enough. Anybody else have a couch I can crash on? You know, just till I get back on my feet again. I'll even take one in that complex place everyone is always complaining about. As for Roseta, she's just mad I didn't take her to my class reunion last week. You know how some ladies are when they get snubbed. I have love letters to prove she was crazy about me before that incident. I can't read them because they're in Portuguese, but I'm sure they will clear me once translated.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 82 (202 Views)
Monster Hunter
22 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 29, 2013

About a month or so after I got my ps3 I noticed a little icon on my xmb called playstation home. I decided, why not, and launched myself into this new and untamed Wild West of PSN, when I got through the tutorial me and my Default avatar went to central plaza where we saw ghosts that were 2spooky4me, after I saw that these were indeed people and not ghosts I just people watched for about an hour or so until someone came up to me and said hello. Surprised and shocked I thought to myself ABORT MISSION ABORT MISSION, RUN AWAY! So I did exactly that and eventually I actually talked to someone and its never been the same since.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 82 (183 Views)
Treasure Hunter
2936 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Arriving at central after the tutorial and witnessing a half a dozen knuckle heads harassing a female with the rave dance. Pretty much knew what to expect from that point.:womanindifferent:

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 82 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2910 posts

Apr 29, 2013

A couple of months before I joined Home I was thinking of buying a ps3. So I was looking into what kind of games and hardware it had. Then I found out about Home in my research so I looked up info and watched videos about it. So Home was one of the things that sold me on buying a ps3. Finally when I did join Home for my first time last July, I started off in the Hub. And I didn't reconize this space at all. I was expecting to see the central plaza but then I found out it no longer existed. Most of the videos I watched were old and took place in cp. I was pretty disappointed that cp was no longer around. I explored some of the other spaces but I found a lot of people were very rude to me. I got called a noob a lot when I asked questions or when they saw me wearing the default clothing because I didn't have any money yet. PSN wouldn't accept my credit card so I didn't know how to go about getting psn cards for the first few days. I didn't like Home at first because of all the rude people and trolls on it. 

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 82 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2910 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 29, 2013

But then when I did finally buy some psn cards and bought stuff I saw the addictiveness of it. I didn't start making friends until I joined up on the forums here a few weeks later. I made some friends with people on here, and also found out about a club that I joined and made friends in there too. I try to help people who look new to Home now if they have any questions, and I refer them to the forums here too. Because I don't want them to have the same type of experience that I did when I first joined. 

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 82 (152 Views)