Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 80 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Re: Dr. Pepper MiniGame

May 2, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

@ ITCOB1 and TheLunatic Parade: I'm trying to think how to respond without saying you're both stupid.

ITCOB: " As a male, I found the campaign quite funny. Come on people lighten up. It is a Great Reward and I am happy to see corporate interest in Home."

As a male, you find sexist campaigns funny? Wow, there's a surprise.

As a female, I find it freaking hilarious. It is okay to laugh at ourself. Really.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 80 (235 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

May 3, 2013

This went from "Dr.Pepper minigame and reward" to "Oh em gee Sony's so sexist"...nice job guys :smileyindifferent:

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 80 (221 Views)
Fender Bender
2441 posts

May 3, 2013

Anyone can drink Dr. Pepper. What's the big deal? 

I remember buying it for 7 cents a bottle. It said 10-2-4 on it and I think the idea was to drink it warm to replace drinking coffee. 

I liked the old Pepper commercials and still do.

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 80 (206 Views)
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

May 3, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

This went from "Dr.Pepper minigame and reward" to "Oh em gee Sony's so sexist"...nice job guys :smileyindifferent:

And this is why I stopped helping the forums with reward information. XD That'll learn me to help the forumites. lol

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 80 (178 Views)
Fender Bender
2483 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

It's pretty ridiculous to see people being offended by this campaign. The whole "manly" premise is obviously a bit of a lark anyway. Does anyone really believe that drinking a Dr. Pepper makes a man more masculine? Do the people behind the ad campaign really believe that they've convinced anyone of that notion?

Everyone knows that a woman is more likely to swoon over a doctor. :smileywink:

castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 80 (163 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3652 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

I finally got my email from the Dr. Pepper game. It sends you a link you print out a coupon for a free 2 litre of Dr Pepper 10.

Now I just need a printer. :smileytongue:

Untitled.png

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 80 (149 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4010 posts

May 3, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

I finally got my email from the Dr. Pepper game. It sends you a link you print out a coupon for a free 2 litre of Dr Pepper 10.

Now I just need a printer. :smileytongue:

Cool! Nice to hear it works!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 80 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1604 posts

May 5, 2013

ITCOB1 wrote:

@VioletWinds

You hand picked a couple of sentences out of the context of my post and clearly missed the point of my post.

As a side note, that ad campaign was directly only targeted for men. Obviously, their market research must have shown adequate product saturation with already diet conscious women.

This ad campaign aired on network tv several months ago. In this country it received a considerable internet backlash at the time. Personally I think people have become way to sensitive and easily offended. We have lost all sense of humor in this country. As a male, I found the campaign quite funny. This country is divided 50/50 on many issues. With our diversity someone will always be offended. 

Come on people lighten up. It is a Great Reward and I am happy to see corporate interest in Home.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

There's your whole post. I believe you made more than one point -- I responded to one of them. My comments remain the same.

We know now that Home will be gone by next April. I intend to enjoy it as long as it's around. I hope you do, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 80 (101 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2756 posts

May 5, 2013
:^/ My take on the theme of the game is that it is a tongue-in-cheek parody exaggeration of manliness, and not intended to be taken seriously. The audience is expected to laugh at it, instead of aspiring to imitate it.

Personally, I enjoyed learning which new object would represent the "manified" versions of the ones initially presented. So, the ladybug became a scorpion, the purse, a toolbox, etc. Each was worth a chuckle.

Also personally, I enjoy Dr. Pepper from time to time, and was going to suggest that Dr. Pepper Ten is for everyone, but then I learned that it's a diet drink. Sorry, it's not for me.

;^) But the reward item is a hoot, and it's good to see sponsors still taking an interest in Home.
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 80 (91 Views)