Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1783 posts

Re: Dream Hideaway Update

Apr 17, 2013

Yep, same problem for me. I can enter the swim animation just fine, but when I exit, I remain stuck in the pool. In the past we could simply place a chair at the edge of the pool facing outward, and sit to get out. But since Sony feels that such things are detrimental to the integrity of home, sadly it cannot be done anymore.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 30 (210 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2756 posts

Apr 17, 2013
:^/ For me, the puzzling thing is that the Dream Island's pool works, and the ocean there works. One simply walks into the water to begin swimming. No prompt is needed, and no wall around the water is needed. So, why didn't they copy the same code from the Island space for the Hideaway?

The wall around the pool also keeps furniture out. Boo! I like furniture in my swimming pools!
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 30 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Apr 17, 2013

You gotta love Q&A right? /s

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 30 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1675 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:
:^/ For me, the puzzling thing is that the Dream Island's pool works, and the ocean there works. One simply walks into the water to begin swimming. No prompt is needed, and no wall around the water is needed. So, why didn't they copy the same code from the Island space for the Hideaway?

The wall around the pool also keeps furniture out. Boo! I like furniture in my swimming pools!

I know, DD, I thought that LKWD would have copied the code for the ocean and the pool from Dream Island into Dream Hideaway as well. Also, I would have expected the Swim activity present around the WHOLE pool, not at the pool stairs. *SMH* last time I used a pool irl, I dove in from anywhere OR sat on the edge and eased my way in the water from anywhere. Go fig! Guess I'll march over to fb and post something on there status about this. boooo :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 30 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
2712 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Remember that this began as an update request for proper spawn points. The pool swimming was an extra bonus. The update we were told was delayed pending QA approval. LOL, I guess QA was on Spring Break. Oh well, I am sure this will all get fixed.
Posted Image

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 30 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1783 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

The swimming animation in the pool was a retrofit, and dream island was developed with it from the start. That is probably the reason. Hey, at least they are trying. I trust they will take care of it.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 30 (159 Views)
Sackboy
379 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

Yay! Thanks, Lockwood, for adding the extra spawn points.

Took about 2 months for Sony to roll out this fix, but I'm very glad they finally did it.

Update: just tried the pool. Um....a little issue there definitely. Can't get avatar out without leaving the space.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 30 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
33 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I got the update to the space but i cant seem to get out of the pool once i get there? is this happening to anyone else?

tekken gif photo: Tekken Copyofr.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 30 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
379 posts

Apr 17, 2013

xReaper1985x wrote:

I got the update to the space but i cant seem to get out of the pool once i get there? is this happening to anyone else?

Yep.  That needs to be fixed.  Hopefully will not take another 2 months for that.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 30 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1343 posts

Apr 18, 2013

KMDash21 wrote:
I'm having problems with the pool. When I press x to swim I do have the swim animation while I'm in the pool but when I exit, I spawn on top the ladder and can't get out of the pool area. I'm basically stuck in the pool and have to leave Dream Hideaway and then come back :smileysad:

I get the same issue. What a bummer. :/

And the Angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!“
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 30 (91 Views)
0 Likes