Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 02 2013
By: kim_rob First Son 22 posts

Furniture limit

18 replies 514 views Edited Mar 2, 2013

I Just started play Playstation Home and really like it, I have bought a lot of nice place's & furniture to, But am not happy with not being able to put much in them...:smileysad: why are the place so big but to can't decorate them..with nice stuff.???? I have spent a lot of money and had  hoped to really deck them out and now find out I can not. Will they be adding more furniture space to this game? The dream hideaway is so big would love to deck it out but 100 is just not right for this big of a place ...HELP me understand what going on with this please.... also is the a help area to understand more of them game somewhere?

Message 1 of 19 (514 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5010 posts

Re: Furniture limit

Mar 2, 2013

kim_rob wrote:

I Just started play Playstation Home and really like it, I have bought a lot of nice place's & furniture to, But am not happy with not being able to put much in them...:smileysad: why are the place so big but to can't decorate them..with nice stuff.???? I have spent a lot of money and had  hoped to really deck them out and now find out I can not. Will they be adding more furniture space to this game? The dream hideaway is so big would love to deck it out but 100 is just not right for this big of a place ...HELP me understand what going on with this please.... also is the a help area to understand more of them game somewhere?

Ur lucky to just start Home now long ago we didn't even get 100 item's for apt's... We just got that awhile back... So having 100 item's is a blessing compared to what we used to have...

Yeah it be nice if they upped it even more. But they say Home has Limits and they can't go any further with our Limits.... Maybe on PS4 if they have Home we get 250 item's...

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 2 of 19 (507 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29199 posts

Mar 2, 2013

There are no immediate plans to add more furniture slots. That was recently stated by Digital Community Manager Glasswalls. He said it was not in the works and that the memory we have is limited. 

One can hope the Active items and the use of Installables will increase so we can have more items in our private spaces. 

Message 3 of 19 (507 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1022 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2013
Hi op here the information on slot limit.

NorseGamer (Uncharted Territory)
Dec 11
pyrodragon5 wrote:
furniture slots would dissapear not the furniture itself. if you already have too much furniture out it would give a warning that you cant move the slider in that direction until you removed enough furniture (free up enough slots) to allow it

im guessing thats how he was imagining it to work

Precisely. Let's assume the estate defaults to 100 / 11 (one-hundred items and eleven guests, which is the current norm). The idea is to have a core update which introduces a user-controlled slider, so that you could subtract from one memory channel to add more to another. You could raise the furniture cap to 200, but your visitor cap would be reduced to six, for instance. And, if you attempted to invite more, you would receive a pop-up prompt telling you to decrease your furniture allocation.

Or, conversely, if you needed to entertain a large group, you could slide in the other direction and go down to 50 items -- but have room for, say, 20 guests instead of 11 (although, at that point, a clubhouse might make more sense). You would then be prompted to remove the correct number of furniture items before the change could take effect.

It's exactly the same amount of memory, but the user has been given far greater flexibility over utilizing it -- which is exactly what Sony did with the Home 1.65 core client update, by the way, to much popular support.

In general, the average number of guests per estate (when you look at the user population and its activity as a whole) is quite low -- which means that a big chunk of an entire memory channel is sitting there, wasted. So this would be a method for the user to enjoy a higher furniture cap without feeling much of a trade-off -- and, indeed, the user would be in full control of the allocation, so if there was a special event which merited a high number of guests, it would simply be a matter of removing the excess furniture and moving the slider back in the other direction.

Is it as good as a magic-wand core update that simply gave the consumer more of everything? No. But it may be a more feasible low-cost alternative in the short term while we wait and hope for something on a larger scale.

NorseGamer
Editor-in-Chief, HSM
www.hsmagazine.net

Also here from glasswalls himself on the matter.
GlassWalls (Digital Platforms Community Manager)
Dec 12
TSUNADE1224 wrote:
I am curious to know if theres any updates on whether the amount of slots for furniture items will increase. The amount of personal spaces being sold on home that are larger in size is increasing ... i.e Blueprint Home, Avalon Keep and the new Lockwood Dream Island. I dont see how this isnt possible being that ur funiture is saved to ur HDD and not on Sony's servers. Oh, not to mention the LOOT TV's that take 26 spaces (including wall mount or tv stand). So Sony? .... Whats the 411?

As of now, the chances are not likely. It's not on any future Home update roadmap and may not be possible after the upped it last time (there is a limit to the memory, after all).

Also here the it too http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/INCREASING-THE-AMOUNT-OF-SLOTS-ANSWERED/m-p/... . I hope this helps tc and have fun.

Message 4 of 19 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Game Mechanics Developer
185 posts

Mar 3, 2013

At Game Mechanics, giving you more furniture in less slots is a goal. We have a few table and chair sets that are 4 chairs and a table, but take up 3 slots. You can check out our store and see if there is something there that works for you.

If you are looking for something in particular, request it. We and the other PS Home developers are very responsive to requests.

Message 5 of 19 (460 Views)
PlayStation MVP
611 posts

Mar 3, 2013

Indeed would be nice to see a increase however, I really wanna know will home be on the PS4 and if so what will be the new dynamics that you can do.. 

Message 6 of 19 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Mar 3, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:
Yeah it be nice if they upped it even more. But they say Home has Limits and they can't go any further with our Limits.... Maybe on PS4 if they have Home we get 250 item's...

Please don't start rumors Sony has never said that Home will be on the PS4 and really no reason to think that it will be.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 7 of 19 (404 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
675 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2013

If memory is indeed the bottleneck, they could increase the number of slots by halving their size. For example, make it 200 slots. Existing 1 slot items automatically are doubled to 2 slots and so forth, while new items may be allocated 1 slot. The slots were probably too large to begin with; a tiny ornament should not take the same space as a huge animated item.

If this isn't possible, the next best thing would be updating old active items to reflect their true slot size, not just the default 22. Active items really bring life to any space, and this would be a great step in the right direciton.

Message 8 of 19 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3281 posts

Mar 3, 2013

Since memory seems to have reached it's limits and more slots are not possible.  Maybe the personal space size should decrease. I mean how much space do we really need anyways. It just seems to me kind of silly to keep increasing space size and not the slot size. Balancing the two would at least be another option.:womanhappy:

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Message 9 of 19 (370 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Mar 3, 2013
I think the best option is installables.

City of Flowers, Japanese Teahouse and Bramblenook Farms each have installable options.

Edo Row Houses and Private Hideaway both have an installable in the form of the tatami and weathervane.

Of course, the installables would limit choices to items that publisher makes.

But take Bramblenook for instance... 125 slots with 25 being dedicated to Bramblenook items is not really bad.

Message 10 of 19 (334 Views)