Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 31 2013
By: ALEXELWAY Sackboy 387 posts

Good Enough by Evanescence (Home Video)

11 replies 123 views Edited May 31, 2013

I stepped outside of my comfort zone on this one to try and gain some experience doing different type videos (this song was hard for me haha) , its not near as good as some others i've done imo but I like to get feedback on any video I do.

Doing this one did give me a chance to use the cameras more and get some shots I did like , thanks for any feedback on the video.

Movie maker appears to be working now so this is the lastone using youtubes editor I am hoping haha.

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (123 Views)
Limit Breaker
16317 posts

Re: Good Enough by Evanescence (Home Video)

May 31, 2013

ALEXELWAY wrote:

I stepped outside of my comfort zone on this one to try and gain some experience doing different type videos (this song was hard for me haha) , its not near as good as some others i've done imo but I like to get feedback on any video I do.

Doing this one did give me a chance to use the cameras more and get some shots I did like , thanks for any feedback on the video.

Movie maker appears to be working now so this is the lastone using youtubes editor I am hoping haha.

The pace of the music let you get away with those long video shots. Kudo's for editing with Youtubes steaming pile. :smileyhappy: loved the song. I think this was a good experience for a few reason for you. Scenic shots are always nice. Appreciated the effort and I know you have some video making passion.  What did you learn making this video?

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (113 Views)
Sackboy
387 posts

May 31, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

The pace of the music let you get away with those long video shots. Kudo's for editing with Youtubes steaming pile. :smileyhappy: loved the song. I think this was a good experience for a few reason for you. Scenic shots are always nice. Appreciated the effort and I know you have some video making passion.  What did you learn making this video?

I learned quite a bit honestly haha.

- Try to use the same people in videos to avoid any conflicts

- I leaned just how badly youtubes editor sucks (not an excuse but while editing this smh)

- I finally learned a bit of patience , I had many ideas for this video but I was getting aggravated at howlong it was taking me to try to find people to help as well as setting up sets.

- It might not show in this video but I did find that the smallest things regarding items and details in spaces make a hugs difference

- I did gain some control on some shots I could'nt do before ,there's also some I did'nt use that did'nt fit the video once I started editing , I should have waited and filmed more but its really hard finding people who can help when i'm in a zone to film if that makes sense lol , I kind of have to feel the music when doing these and I honestly could'nt get there with this but I wanted to try something different to try and gain experience.

There's more I know but honestly my head hurts from doing this one ,I just finished editing it and found I needed 3 times more clips for it , I have now heard this song at least a hundred times and I am so glad i'm finished with it haha.

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
387 posts

May 31, 2013

I did want to add , I gained alot more respect for those who do videos , I can't lie , I was starting to think I could do any video with little experience doing them and doing this one taught me I have much to learn when getting outside of my comfort zone lol.

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16317 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

Good that you see things like that. I noticed a lot of shots. I know it can be a pain. Also, you mentioned something about being out of your elememnt or something similair.

On my The Walking Dead Home video I had shots and incorporated actual live video series shots from the TV show if you remember seeing it.

I had to make a Video layout Plan. some shots made it in but a few didn't even after shooting them. I kept very rough notes but it helped me get the final product I wanted. Looked like this.

Logo splash.

Splash TWD letter picture  , music start. Use B for sound affects

Show field plants blowing in wind.

TWD house picture

more feild shots

Rick by fire.

---------------------------------------------

(video clips of show are)

tent zombie attack

House porch rick lori 

shane car

Shane rick killing moon 

zombie herd

barn burning

michonne

prison

---------------

splash rick gun pose pic

phone.

-------------

Just an idea for you incase you get overwelmed in the future.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (89 Views)
Limit Breaker
16317 posts

May 31, 2013

ALEXELWAY wrote:

I did want to add , I gained alot more respect for those who do videos , I can't lie , I was starting to think I could do any video with little experience doing them and doing this one taught me I have much to learn when getting outside of my comfort zone lol.

This is so true. I know and have talked to some very good video creators here. I have spent 13-17 hours on some videos in the past from start to finish. Very time consuming. Very rewarding if you feel you got it right. pretty cool' 

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
387 posts

May 31, 2013

Looking back , I believe doing just that would've made helped a TON , I have yet to try doing that but you better believe I will next time lol.

I believe getting down on paper what I want first will help me translate that to film once I begin  ( loved that you done btw).

Thanks for the advise as I believe this will help a lot , after watching this video a fewtimes now I know I can do a lot better so after a break and i find a song I would like to do , I am motivated to get a really great video going.

All tips are appreciated as always and thanks again :smileyhappy:

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
387 posts

May 31, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

ALEXELWAY wrote:

This is so true. I know and have talked to some very good video creators here. I have spent 13-17 hours on some videos in the past from start to finish. Very time consuming. Very rewarding if you feel you got it right. pretty cool' 

I started laughing when I read this ,only because I seen you type 13-17 hours , believe it or not this video twice as much time as any other i've done hahaha. Yeah ,feeling I get a video right is the best!

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (77 Views)
Limit Breaker
16317 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

Cool. looking forward to more from you.

Who knows? maybe i'll take a shot at "Wash it all away" it could be a very interesting song to addvideo to. I like that song and I have no idea why. lol. Or "Going under'' :smileyhappy:

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (75 Views)
Sackboy
387 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Cool. looking forward to more from you.

Who knows? maybe i'll take a shot at "Wash it all away" it could be a very interesting song to add music to. I like that song and I have no idea why. lol. Or "Going under'' :smileyhappy:

I would love to see those! I'm a huge Evanescence fan and I know seing more music videos from others would help me alot , you can't go wrong with either of those song imo :smileyhappy:

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (71 Views)
0 Likes