Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2732 posts

Re: [Granzella] Setsubun2013 : Ogre Extermination

Jan 29, 2013
How do the leaderboard rewards work?

Do they reset every day and those in the top 10 at that time win the prizes, or is it if you appear in the top 10 at any time you get the rewards?
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 196 (380 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1903 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Mermaid-KT wrote:

Do they reset every day and those in the top 10 at that time win the prizes, or is it if you appear in the top 10 at any time you get the rewards?
I'm assuming it may be from the start period (Jan 30th) to the end period (Feb 27th)

It would be nice if it was your method though, it would give more players an opportunity to obtain the rewards. :cathappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 196 (374 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
796 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

LegoFire wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

I'm assuming it may be from the start period (Jan 30th) to the end period (Feb 27th)

It would be nice if it was your method though, it would give more players an opportunity to obtain the rewards. :cathappy:

Yes, that is how it works. It goes by the all-time event record and you collect your reward at the end of the event by going to the Edo lounge on the 27th. The only thing that is unsure is if it's counting per region or all together. If it's the latter, then there's going to be alot of negative comments here since NA is scheduled on the 6th, which becomes 1 week less than other regions. (All regions except SCEA starts on 30th)

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 196 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2732 posts

Jan 29, 2013

nagon111 wrote:

LegoFire wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

Yes, that is how it works. It goes by the all-time event record and you collect your reward at the end of the event by going to the Edo lounge on the 27th. The only thing that is unsure is if it's counting per region or all together. If it's the latter, then there's going to be alot of negative comments here since NA is scheduled on the 6th, which becomes 1 week less than other regions. (All regions except SCEA starts on 30th)

Thankyou both for replying.

If the only rewards are given to the top 10 at the end of the event that will make the prizes extremely rare so very nice for those winning them.

Rather disappointing though to see that we have to wait an extra week for the event, I would like to know why that is or whose blocking it.

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 196 (357 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29118 posts

Jan 29, 2013

They haven't really announced a start date for us. There is a big asterick next to the date. 

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 196 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5264 posts

Re: [Granville] Setsubun2013 : Ogre Extermination

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

Somnambulism wrote:

Japan Home would be a wasteland if it wasn't for Peakvox, Granzella, or RIME (at the time) that kept it up. Also, you're very much right. Prices in Japan aren't cheap, this is coming from us who have AN prices that are raising as well. 

Events will always be the best in Japan, though I think my days of spending yen are over there.

You need to add Will Co. (GAW) to the list.

Depends on what you buy. Granzella tends to overpriced anyway.

Actually the US Dollar is at a high in JP.

$1.00 = 90.57 Yen. Most people make the comparison of a 100 Yen item to something we pay $0.99 cents for.

Using that logic, you'll pay $1.10 per 100 Yen, an $0.11 difference.

The costly part is buying Yen cards because of the mark up, which adds less bang to your buck.

Unless you can exchange cards with a Japanese NA user, the best deal going right now is $41.99 for 3000 Yen at Japan Codes.

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 196 (348 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3530 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Hypnotic_Inertia wrote:

Checking out the video, the black metal rod  has more power than the fire and water version and the orges are together in great numbers . Yikes!

We are definetly gonna have to team up for this one :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 196 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3530 posts

Re: [Granville] Setsubun2013 : Ogre Extermination

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Somnambulism wrote:

Japan Home would be a wasteland if it wasn't for Peakvox, Granzella, or RIME (at the time) that kept it up. Also, you're very much right. Prices in Japan aren't cheap, this is coming from us who have AN prices that are raising as well. 

Events will always be the best in Japan, though I think my days of spending yen are over there.

You need to add Will Co. (GAW) to the list.

Depends on what you buy. Granzella tends to overpriced anyway.

Actually the US Dollar is at a high in JP.

$1.00 = 90.57 Yen. Most people make the comparison of a 100 Yen item to something we pay $0.99 cents for.

Using that logic, you'll pay $1.10 per 100 Yen, an $0.11 difference.

The costly part is buying Yen cards because of the mark up, which adds less bang to your buck.

Unless you can exchange cards with a Japanese NA user, the best deal going right now is $41.99 for 3000 Yen at Japan Codes.

I definitely agree with you Savage, Gaw is one of my favorite places and I like that Granzella, Peakvox and Gaw have collaborative events where you can earn limited time awesome rewards.  Some of my other favorite spaces in JP that do not require you to purchase anything to earn rewards and have good events too is *Shoei KIngdom and The Oshaberri Farm*.  These are very fun community based spaces that bring people together to help each other, something we are seriously lacking in NA. 

I will NEVER give up JP no matter what they bring to NA!!  Their community is an actual community and everyone is treated with respect and kindness, the bonds with that community have created can never be replaced.

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 196 (329 Views)
Gaming Beast
1463 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

Mermaid-KT wrote:

Rather disappointing though to see that we have to wait an extra week for the event, I would like to know why that is or whose blocking it.

Same here, I am obviously outraged by this, but I think this makes it pretty clear that it is SCEA/ NA home team causing the delay. I am 99.9% positive now. 

Only reason I am still buying stuff this week is because A) NA home team dosen't listen or care, I learned that over the holiday, and B) We are getting a ton of other GZ content this week, including the succubus wings, motorbikes, dresses and men's shirt bundle.

If we had little to no GZ content, plus this blatent slap in the face by SCEA delaying this awesome event, I would just simply take my money and business elsewhere by staying offline until a good update comes, like I did from the 9th-23rd.

I'm not flipping out on the forum over this anymore, as money (or lack thereof) speaks louder then words. But let's hope the NA home team takes note of the upset caused by this anyways. Not counting on it though...

Anyways, for the event itself I could do this in JP if I bought more stuff (though I might be OK now with my broken armor and naginata), but in NA I could easily make it in the top 10 due to paid items and the time I have and will dedicate to it. With my current set up I have no problems with even 1 ogre, and am able to defeat all enemies (including the ones at the end) in about 5 minutes.

Since it should only be a week's delay, I'll still end up buying everything, especiallly the yo-yo's, female gang leader outfits, and boys day doll set, as I've been waiting for those to be localized in English since last year. But I'll be buying the new ogre stuff too.

Though I don't see how having multiple elemental weapons will help, since you can only equip 1 at a time, and there seems to be 3 colored ogres present at all time. So you'll have an advantage over one type, but less effective against others?

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 196 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5264 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

Same here, I am obviously outraged by this, but I think this makes it pretty clear that it is SCEA/ NA home team causing the delay. I am 99.9% positive now. 

It's already been stated that the Dev's control their own content release.

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 196 (266 Views)
0 Likes