May 31 2013
By: Sweet2525 PlayStation MVP 4315 posts

Hogsmeade apt close to Hogwarts. Exclusive shots from Hogsmeade

[ Edited ]
11 replies 392 views Edited May 31, 2013

This apt is on the second floor in the mall..Does anyone know why they wont let you chat in the apt..I am a bit lost on why

sony playstation gif photo: Playstation. tumblr_m1ilz5Zv2H1qk2rgdo1_500_large.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (392 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29013 posts

Re: Hogsmeade apt close to Hogwarts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

I thought you couldn't use a camera in the space. Is this taken with the home pocket camera? I suspect the local chat problem is a bug they'll fix. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (382 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4315 posts

May 31, 2013
they say in the ps store chat is not going to work..I sneek a pocket camera in my outfit..lol..The apt is nice. I got some furn. You cant use your own furn. You have to buy theres..
sony playstation gif photo: Playstation. tumblr_m1ilz5Zv2H1qk2rgdo1_500_large.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (374 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4315 posts

May 31, 2013
If you want a tour I can add ya send me a note on ps home..I add ya for the tour..But remember we cant chat..we can do a private chat in chat room..
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (344 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
427 posts

Re: Hogsheads apt close to Hogwarts. Exclusive shots from Hogsmeade

May 31, 2013

Thank you for posting the pictures of this beautiful place.

It is very disappointing that we are forced to use the Pottermore stuffs in our personal space and cannot to anyone.

Probably, Sony and Lord Voldemort are related....

When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it’s only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That’s relativity.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (294 Views)
I Only Post Everything
850 posts

Re: Hogsmeade apt close to Hogwarts. Exclusive shots from Hogsmeade

May 31, 2013
Hi all. I just got finished decorating this space and there were a few interesting things about it. I thought I'd post.

I have all four furniture sets. If you are going to buy just one, I would recommend the Classical set. That set is the only one with a lamp, and the lamp in that set is the best thingie in the whole shebang.

The lamp itself is just on, you don't have to turn it on. It's done as candlelight, so it functions more as ambient light rather than casting a circular glow. The really interesting thing about the lamp as relates to Hogsmeade, is that it makes the whole room brighter-substantially. Another interestng thing is you can put out as many lamps as you want in this apt, there doesn't seem to be a limit. I got to 20-something and gave up, because it was getting boring. I have around 12-15 out, and the whole space is really bright and everything is visible.

The space can't fit all four sets of furniture at once. All the furniture can be used in other spaces. The grandfather clock and the bookcase are really cool, the skulls and pillows are really sucky. There is a rectangular pillow you can use as a ramp to sit up on the couches.

You can't put anything on the mantals, which is pretty stinky since there are three of them. There's a built-in bookcase that works, except all you can put on the shelves is skulls which is LOL wrong.

The space is actually really cool once it's filled with stuff, and I know that having to buy the furniture makes it cost prohibitive for some folks-I don't even know what to say about that. It's fine for someone like me that will just buy them, but unfair in the extreme to some folks that can't or don't want to.

The furniture packages are really pricey, but I was suprised at how much stuff is in each of them. I'm too lazy to look, but I think it averages out to a fair price for each item, but you're forced to buy the whole pile, so it goes off like shotgun buckshot into your inventory, a la Granzella. (Monkey see, monkey do.)

The biggest thing that drives me nuts about this place is the walls are not even at the floor. It's "rustic" I suppose. So every furniture item you try to place at a wall will not go flush against the wall, but instead tips forward a little bit. And these rooms are small, and the furniture bulky, so you really need to be able to push stuff all the way back. This was really really irritating. It kinda felt like the guy that did the walls doesn't actually use Home to decorate apartments, lol. There oughta be a wall law! :smileyvery-happy:

Oh also-there are a pile of objects in the "official" pics of this apt decorated that we can't buy, including a picture on the wall-we can't put anything on the walls right now. So what does all that mean? KnowwhatImean?

I don't know where the info that you can't use a camera in the apt came from, but I was able to use mine normally.

Oh, and OMG the Pottermore default hair is butt ugly. It's real "this is my first day in Home" hair.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (247 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

May 31, 2013

I like the scenery of the outside but personally i wouldnt even buy this space even if it had all the features that got removed. 

photo brunzdead911_zps7fd473d4.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (237 Views)
I Only Post Everything
850 posts

May 31, 2013
Yeah Brunz, it's really got the wrong price point. It should be priced like the Mystic Arcade or Cosmic Corner or Carla's Coffee Shop. Tiny spaces with no games at this point should be fire sale prices.

I guess we're paying for JK Rowling to wave her wand over our heads and imply that we're speshul too.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (233 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6100 posts

May 31, 2013

Great pictures Sweet and Great write up Joyce...

It's too bad we can't use our own items, this would have been an ideal apartment to fix up for Christmas.

Maybe another developer will step in and make something similar without all the restrictions,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (209 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4315 posts

May 31, 2013
Glad everyone likes me post..Christmas over my apt in dec..lol Be sure to dress up
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (179 Views)
0 Likes