Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 08 2013
By: D-Nitrate Treasure Hunter 4131 posts

Home 1.80 Update - Some really promising new changes!

69 replies 1196 views Edited Apr 8, 2013

[INFO] Home 1.80 Patch Notes

Good Morning Home Community,

This week on Wednesday, April 10th, PlayStation Home is getting an update to version 1.80. With this new version comes more item types, improved moderation tools, event tools and more.

Application of the Patch

As usual, if you are updating from an old version of Home (1.40 or earlier), please wait for the orange “hard drive activity” light to stop flashing on your PS3 before commencing the patching process.

New Features and Improvements   Improvements to Feature and Client Development

Significant changes have been made to the client to allow the development and release of future features without requiring a client update.

This means that future client patches will be more focuses on bug fixing and stability while New Features will be delivered on an individual and more regular basis outside of a client update.

Developing features in this way means we can make changes and implement bug fixes much faster, potentially on a weekly basis rather than having to wait until the next client release.

As this is a big change to the client, we aren't including a headline feature with this update to ensure it is as smooth, clean and focused as possible. 

New features based on the 1.80 technology will be released throughout the coming months. Here is an idea of some that are currently in development:

• More Item Types – Including portable items with gameplay features and new types of Locomotion objects.
  • Player Inspect – Allowing players to inspect other players, see what items they are wearing and where they got them.
  • Improved Moderation – Providing enhanced tools to help Home moderators and admins provide a better service.
  • Improved Commerce Points – New systems to make the commerce process smoother and easier.
  • Events – Supporting broader and more engaging social & gaming events within Home. 
  • More use of server-side Save Data – Extending the range of save data now that it is kept on Home's servers. 

General Improvements

• A feature has been added to allow developers to choose what emotes they with to use with specific outfits. This gives developers more freedom when creating outfits as they do not have to ensure that every default emote can work.
  • Players you have interacted with as you journey through Home will be added to your Players Met list on the XMB.
  • It is now possible for the client to display user presence information on your Friends List that can show where or what you and your friends are playing while in Home.
  • Developers can now specify specific spawn points for users that have been invited to a scene so that you will always appear in the right place.

Bug Fixes

• An issue with a specific Hair Color being reset has been fixed.
  • Remaining issues with the sorting of the Inventory have been addressed.
  • Some cases of download and relocation to scenes taking longer than necessary have been fixed.
  • A bug that caused problems accessing mini-games and using queues after a network error has been fixed.
  • Various additions have been made to make Home more tolerant of poor network conditions.
  • A number of other bug fixes and general stability improvements have been made.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 70 (1,196 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29069 posts

Re: Home 1.80 Update - Some really promising new changes!

Apr 8, 2013

There is a lot there and some has certainly been requested by the community. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 70 (1,187 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

As long as this really fixes my Wardrobe bug problem, I'll finally be happy with Home again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 70 (1,178 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
791 posts

Apr 8, 2013

New features based on the 1.80 technology will be released throughout the coming months. Here is an idea of some that are currently in development:

• More Item Types – Including portable items with gameplay features and new types of Locomotion objects.
  • Player Inspect – Allowing players to inspect other players, see what items they are wearing and where they got them.
  • Improved Moderation – Providing enhanced tools to help Home moderators and admins provide a better service.
  • Improved Commerce Points – New systems to make the commerce process smoother and easier.
  • Events – Supporting broader and more engaging social & gaming events within Home. 
  • More use of server-side Save Data – Extending the range of save data now that it is kept on Home's servers. 

So this means these stuff won't be implemented this week right?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 70 (1,170 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
760 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

I love this update.  I'm glad to see a fix in there for the inventory issues, but...

I LOVE THE PLAYER INSPECT OPTION!

I've actually been asking for it almost every month since the monthly suggestion thread's inception, lol.  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 70 (1,147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2439 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Player Inspect sounds kinda creepy. Our avatars will officially become walking advertisements. I guess it's no different from wearing designer clothes in real life. Could be useful.

castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 70 (1,130 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4131 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

Significant changes have been made to the client to allow the development and release of future features without requiring a client update.

This means that future client patches will be more focuses on bug fixing and stability while New Features will be delivered on an individual and more regular basis outside of a client update.

Developing features in this way means we can make changes and implement bug fixes much faster, potentially on a weekly basis rather than having to wait until the next client release. 

This sounds very promising, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it is actually implemented.

New Features

More Item Types:  I hope the "More Item Types" also means "More Item Categories" as right now I cringe when I add a new LMO or companion as my inventory menu is so disorganized with companions and LMOs all mixed in, and it has only gotten worse with the different types of LMOs like mounts, dances, and gestures. - These all need their own category/folder.

Player Inspect: This is a feature that has been asked for a very long time - great to finally see it get added.  Will have to wait to see how well it works, but if as described we will now finally be able to select a user and it will show us a list of their avatar items and where they got them - this could be a very useful feature and will encourage more sales.  At the very least it will put an end to some of the elitist and high school behavior some have when asked where they got an item they are using and refusing to say.

Improved Moderation: Anything that improves moderation I welcome, but if they really wanted to improve our experience in Home they would make it so that when we block a user, their avatar should disappear from our POV, as well as our avatar disappear from their POV, thus allowing us to decide what is or is not appropriate without affecting other people's experience in Home.  Give users tools to self moderate, and Home will be a much better place.

Improved Commerce Points: The patch notes are very vague, but if it means they are finally going to include a search option, and perspective preview images furnishings so we can finally tell the size of an item before we buy it, and video previews of animated items, LMOs, etc - then that will be a much needed improvement to the shopping experience in Home.

Events: Again, the patch notes are very vague, but anything that will encourage more events I support 100%.

More use of server-side Save Data Also, very vague patch notes.  What does it mean to extend the range of saved data?  Not at all clear what this means.

General Improvements

• A feature has been added to allow developers to choose what emotes they with to use with specific outfits. This gives developers more freedom when creating outfits as they do not have to ensure that every default emote can work.
  • Players you have interacted with as you journey through Home will be added to your Players Met list on the XMB.
  • It is now possible for the client to display user presence information on your Friends List that can show where or what you and your friends are playing while in Home.
  • Developers can now specify specific spawn points for users that have been invited to a scene so that you will always appear in the right place. 

A feature has been added to allow developers to choose what emotes they with to use with specific outfits:  This sounds really interesting, but also terribly vague.  When they say "more freedom when creating outfits" does this mean we will now have more avatar categories, like separate left and right hand item choices?  Hmmm - just not clear what this really means.

Players Met list (on Home) on the XMB: This could be really useful.  I know there are times I met someone in Home, we are talking and then *poof" get one of the many network errors that boots you out of Home or freezes your system, and thus the chat log is wiped out, and unless I remembered their exact PSN ID, I am unable to contact them.  Kudos for adding this! 

Display user presence information on your Friends List:  This could be really useful.  Yes, it is a tad Big Brotherish, but then you have control over who is on your friends list.  Also, many online multiplayer games now display where in the game your friend's are in so you can decide if you want to join them or not more easily.  However, I also think they should include an option in our PS3 privacy settings that allow us to deactivate our activity info, as some might not want to advertise what they are doing.

Specific spawn points for users that have been invited to a scene:  I'm not exactly sure what this all means, but I will be curious to see how this is implemented and what it really will do.   

Bug Fixes

• Some cases of download and relocation to scenes taking longer than necessary have been fixed.
  • A bug that caused problems accessing mini-games and using queues after a network error has been fixed.
  • Various additions have been made to make Home more tolerant of poor network conditions.
  • A number of other bug fixes and general stability improvements have been made.

I welcome any and all bug fixes that work. :smileyhappy:

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 70 (1,114 Views)
Sackboy
441 posts

Apr 8, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

General Improvements

Bug Fixes

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 70 (1,108 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5854 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Like i said on the EU Home forums i have nothing to hide but it would be nice if the option of inspecting someone else inventory has a privacy setting that only your friends can check what you are wearing

KANE-FIRE

Twitter  Welcoming Committee [INFO] Dust: An Elysian Tail[INFO] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD[INFO] WWE2K15 [INFO] Resident Evil Revelations 2 [INFO] Resident Evil HD Youtube

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 70 (1,105 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29069 posts

Apr 8, 2013

KANE-FIRE wrote:

Like i said on the EU Home forums i have nothing to hide but it would be nice if the option of inspecting someone else inventory has a privacy setting that only your friends can check what you are wearing

Why would you care if people know what you're wearing. I don't see that a big issue at all. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 70 (1,092 Views)