Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
780 posts

Re: Will They Ever Update Old Active Items?

Dec 14, 2012

Miss_Ann_Thrope wrote:
Putting together a list of active items deemed eligible for possible re-adjustment is a fantastic idea. Whether Melpoe does this here and sticky it or its done on another thread, I’ll be more than happy to add to the list. That way this can be a one-stop shop for developers to look and decide if they want to go forward with this initiative.

Bear in mind quite a few active items are seasonal items. So past active items for Halloween and the Holidays such as the musical Santa, Mariachi skeletons, and snowflake tossing snowman statue, can probably be put on the back burner for next year.
And there may be some items from developers that have since abandoned Home (EA comes to mind), so its probably not possible for them to review their items as those ships have sailed. We should add them anyway IMHO.

Starting this evening, I will check my inventory and comprise a list of items to add.

I get off from work in a few, I'll be home in 2 hours. If you want, send me that list to my inbox and I will re-edit my post. I will also make my own list. This is a wonderful idea, and if anyone posts in this thread with active items in mind, or messages me, I'll edit my first post and credit thoughs who gave their 2 cents

Message 11 of 42 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

Why hasn't Lockwood reduced the slot usage of the gift machine yet? They should have done it months ago.

They might not be able to do that with the gift machine. There are certainly others they could do it with. I think Heavy Water and Loot are the two doing a lot of the revisions. Haven't seen a lot of other developers doing it

Maybe with re-alloting the slot usage, but Juggernaut's been ALL OVER the less-slots-the-better attitude with pretty much everything they've done (I think the Mini-bots Battle Box was the last item they made with 22 slots, but don't quote me :smileywink:). They've set the standard that other devs and even Sony itself needs to step up to.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 42 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

I recall a chair (or chairs?) that were for some unknown reason 22 slot active items. People complained and although it took quite some time, the chairs were made inactive and regular one slot items. Therefore I hold hope that past active items could be lowered, at least some of them. 

The chairs that were active may have been Rapture item(s).

I believe you're correct. The chair that is listed as an active item\ and WASN'T fixed is the Villain's Lair chair.

Photobucket
Message 13 of 42 (248 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
780 posts

Dec 14, 2012

stardeth wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

Why hasn't Lockwood reduced the slot usage of the gift machine yet? They should have done it months ago.

They might not be able to do that with the gift machine. There are certainly others they could do it with. I think Heavy Water and Loot are the two doing a lot of the revisions. Haven't seen a lot of other developers doing it

Maybe with re-alloting the slot usage, but Juggernaut's been ALL OVER the less-slots-the-better attitude with pretty much everything they've done (I think the Mini-bots Battle Box was the last item they made with 22 slots, but don't quote me :smileywink:). They've set the standard that other devs and even Sony itself needs to step up to.

they certainly did set a standard. I know it's asking a lot, but as a consumer of older active items, I feel as though an update would be nice and necessary. Update those past items with what you know now, making them more accessible.

Message 14 of 42 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3328 posts

Re: Home Developers, Please Update Past Active Items.

Dec 15, 2012

I really want the VEEMEE Pool tables to be updated. Having them for two years Im never able to place them beacuse they take up so much space! Hope maybe they will do it? But after reading this its probably heavily unlikely.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 15 of 42 (205 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2872 posts

Dec 15, 2012
;^) Great idea. For me, the first things that spring to mind are the Sodium Telepads and my chess tables. Loot's Active Telescope comes to mind, too.
Message 16 of 42 (190 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
675 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I think this is an important issue, especially for those who have been on Home for a long time. I'm a bit disheartened with Glasswall's response, that it wouldn't be "worth it" to update past items. Anyone that plays will know that the old 22-slot actives are a severe detriment to how any space is furnished. Updating items may not show immediate financial gain, but inspires trust that the developer(s) are listening to their customers. If anything, that is more important to business than just rushing out new items.

Anyways that's my 2 cents, I don't know how much work it is to optimize old actives for slots, but I think anything short of a hurculean effort would be well worth it to show longtime customers you care. Who knows, it might even make old items sell like new again when people see they can now place many at once in their spaces (myself included, would buy a LOT more if it made sense).

Here are a few I own that I'd like to see updated, especially the music items. The only updated one I have is the Sunshine Peep (22 --> 6 slots - kudos to Heavy Water).  Thanks in advance to all the devs who update their items.

• Playground Boombox (Sony?)
  • 8-Bit Weapon (Sony)
  • Mysterious Doll (Sony)
  • Loot Photo Telescope (Loot)
  • Smoke Machines (nDreams)
  • Mini Lucille (nDreams)
  • Brimstone Dancers (Mass Media)
  • Lockwood Gift Machine (Lockwood)
  • Sodium Telepads (Lockwood)
Message 17 of 42 (169 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

Melpoe, Kudos for the effort.  I also started a thread a while back with the same intent, but got derailed by some trollish behavior:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/List-of-Active-Items-that-have-AND-have-yet-...

Its also a shame that GlassWalls says its up to each developer when in fact the vast majority of active items with 22 slots are from Sony... and clearly his comment suggests the minimal effort to update their memory allocation isnt worth the effort to improve customer relations.  Much like how little it means to them to simply add a second storage folder despite countless requests over the months even years to improve the wardrobe and furnishing management menus.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 18 of 42 (146 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

I have to agree that most of these items should be updated.

Most of them are made by Sony via either Lockwood or Loot (most likely) and it would be in their interest to update them.

Less space taken up by an active item equals more people that will buy them to use with other items in their spaces.
With the information about how many spaces an active item takes up people will judge if it is worth the space.

Any form of maintenance/update to items is greatly appreciated.

Message 19 of 42 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9379 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Update the old it shouldnt be so tough. Seriously.
Support Forums
Message 20 of 42 (104 Views)
0 Likes