Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
985 posts

Re: Home Forum Moderation A Joke

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

Well, maybe Moderators are "darned if you do, and darned if you don't". idk ...

What I do know, is that after reading this whole thread, I noticed a lot of pro and con discussion re: past and  present Moderators / Moderation. I also noticed there was no name calling, insults, or vulgarity. Posters, that any Forum should be proud to have as members.

I always learn from Posts like y'alls. Helps me on the Forums, and on Home also.

btw : I read this Forum long before I registered. I've been a Home member for almost 4 years. In the past 6 months, I think Moderation in both places has done a great job. 

. . . " Learning Curve ", sure :smileyhappy: . . .

Soldier on, Mods and Admins. Keep making Home a place that truly will earn the sobriquet " Family Friendly ". Keep the Forums a good place for PSN members to come learn, and contribute.

photo the_Lil.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 45 (441 Views)
Wastelander
681 posts

Mar 16, 2013

The mods here are just little internet police that only want to feel like they are better than everyone else. Don't trust them.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 45 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3266 posts

Mar 16, 2013

DMCoutatime wrote:

The mods here are just little internet police that only want to feel like they are better than everyone else. Don't trust them.

Pretty accurate statement. Some are like that but not all of them in my opinion.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 45 (373 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2632 posts

Mar 16, 2013

myalana mentioned:

I just remembered a more unusual example of moderation, perhaps Danger_Dad does as well. I posted a reply regarding grammar (personal pronouns to be exact). Moderation must have felt it was off-topic (I can agree) but rather than delete it, they moved my single post to Off-Topic and gave it it's own title and it became it's own thread. I guess I'm flattered...they must have liked it but it confused them.

I complained in a PM to the mod that the post above mine had done the same thing (as far as providing a grammar lesson) and so that post that I originally quoted was moved and placed below mine. I don't believe I'd seen anything before quite like that, and haven't since.

:smileytongue:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/He-she-and-plural-pronouns/m-p/39287795...

;^) Heh. Yeah, I remember that one. Your quote of, and reply to me now appears above my post.

Personally, I believe that discussions of the proper use of the English language are on topic for any board that uses English. After all, how is one to discuss any topic at all, if one cannot use the language properly?

But anyway, you're correct that moderators have a tough row to hoe. As Aesop put it, "one cannot please everyone, and one shouldn't try." So, moderators do the best they can, and leave it at that.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 45 (357 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3954 posts

Mar 17, 2013
I wish moderation would read the threads through before merging or moving. I've seen a few deemed "off topic" that a user posted and then reported even though in one example the OP was implying about Home rewards. The mods moved it anyway without thinking about it themselves.

I noticed when they merge similar threads, there is a lot of post overlap. Initially after a merge, you'll notice two conversations are going on at once. At that point, the thread is doomed as it gets steered off the original topic at hand.
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 45 (249 Views)