Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
657 posts

Re: Home Massively Multiplayer Game (MMO)

Jul 22, 2010

Jim777 wrote:

ADAMPwns wrote:

Jim777 wrote:

ADAMPwns wrote:

By definition it is an MMO; However, that does not necessarily mean it's a game. 

Right and the idea is to house an MMO Game within Home. 

Sorry, I'm really, really tired.. I only got about 3 hours of sleep today, but I don't think that's possible, at least a full-fledged MMORPG (if that's what you're getting at), it would always be limited by Home's design, but I think if you went the route of Irem, definitely.. so long as there is creativity it can happen, but it will never be up to par with something like World of Warcraft. 

Other then people per space i dont really see any limit on what an MMO in Home could do

If you seriously want something on par with WoW, EverQuest, FFIV and the like then that's going to involve a monthly fee. Yes there are free MMOs out there but they pale in comparison to those that require a monthly fee and they use micro transactions to make their money so if you want the good gear/items to be competitive then you still have to pay.

MMOs are large undertakings and they require an ongoing team dedicated to keeping them going with maintenance and regular updates. You're going to have to pay for that and beyond just a one time fee for purchasing the game.

However with upcoming MMOs like FFIV and DC Online I really don't see the need for a MMO in Home. Just saying.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Jul 22, 2010

It sounds fun.  It might just need some kind of focus outside of / in addition to the basic mechanics typical of MMOs.  This name is not entirely unknown outside of PlayStation Home and Forums, and I've learned to adapt to different settings.  :smileytongue:  The biggest question would be how to adapt the MMO concept to Home.  Home isn't like places built from the ground up to be MMOs to begin with, and it will also need to be interesting for those who get into it without being overbearing to those who don't. 

Marloo the Red
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Jul 22, 2010

I have mentioned an idea like this to GlassWalls before, think i only brought up the arena style pvp matches that most MMORPGs have. Have been waiting on SOE to port Everquest over to ps3 since launch.  Just does not make any since that Sony owns a few mmo's but will not port them to their own gaming console, instead we have to wait for square enix to take care of it. Shoutout to White Knight Chronicles online for anyone biding there time till a real MMO releases on this console.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2897 posts

Jul 22, 2010

Very nice concept Jim.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Jul 22, 2010

Rikith wrote:

I have mentioned an idea like this to GlassWalls before, think i only brought up the arena style pvp matches that most MMORPGs have. Have been waiting on SOE to port Everquest over to ps3 since launch.  Just does not make any since that Sony owns a few mmo's but will not port them to their own gaming console, instead we have to wait for square enix to take care of it. Shoutout to White Knight Chronicles online for anyone biding there time till a real MMO releases on this console.

Something along the lines of WKC's online questing is about the most I could see being done in Home. A true MMO would simply take too much work if it could be done at all and most people probably won't be willing to pay for it.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1089 posts

Jul 22, 2010
Kudos! nice thread.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes