Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 07 2012
By: Tempest_Fire PlayStation Community Manager 4703 posts

[INFO] Network Maintenance: September 10th

24 replies 1063 views Edited Sep 7, 2012

Hey folks,

In a thread over in PSN Support I've let the PlayStation community know that there is maintenance to the Network scheduled for most of the day on September 10th.  This will impact Home directly, as noted in the annoucement.  So plan accordingly.  This is a Network-only maintenance and will not lead to any core changes in Home, but will require Home to be off-line during this window.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 1 of 25 (1,063 Views)
Survivor
2038 posts

Re: [INFO] Network Maintenance: September 10th

Sep 7, 2012

Thank you, Tempest. 

Its nice to finally get these updates from an official, as opposed to finding them for ourselves on the EU blog. I as im sure many others, appreciate it very much. ^_^

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 2 of 25 (1,050 Views)
Survivor
2038 posts

Sep 7, 2012
"We wanted to reach out to you in order to let you all know that there is a planned maintenance for the PlayStation Network scheduled for September 10th from 8AM to 10PM PDT (11AM to 1AM Eastern).

If you’ve signed onto PSN over the past few days, you’ll still be able to play online and access apps during this period, but you may receive a maintenance notification when attempting to access the PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home, and Account Management as these services will be unavailable. Be sure to sign in now if you wish to access the Network during this maintenance window."

Thanks for your patience during this maintenance timeframe, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Tempest_Fire
Digital Platforms Community Manager
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 3 of 25 (1,039 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2038 posts

Sep 7, 2012
"Be sure to sign in now if you wish to access the Network during this maintenance window."

HUH? Since when has this been going on? As far as I have ever known, as long as you stay signed in "any time" before maintenance...you will have access to the network, aside from the store, acct settings and Home.

Now theyre telling us to sign in a few days in advance? Am I reading that right? Weird...
Message 4 of 25 (1,035 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29221 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2012

Thank you for letting us know and at least it's a Monday and hummm that name – Tempest Fire – sounds familiar! :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 25 (1,027 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1831 posts

Sep 7, 2012

I think they mean that if you have been signed in any time shortly before they shut down you will be able to sign in. Not that you have to be signed in this whole time. I will try to see if I can find the post I saw that in.

Message 6 of 25 (1,021 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Thanks for the heads up

Message 7 of 25 (1,013 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1831 posts

Sep 7, 2012
I found this from a similar Thread about downtime. T he red highlight might explain better than I did earlier:smileyhappy:   http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/PSN-Maintenance-Scheduled-for-Tom...   PSN Maintenance Scheduled for Tomorrow[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

We hope you’ve had the opportunity to check out the massive PlayStation Store update from yesterday, which included Counter Strike: GO, MGS 2 and 3 HD for both PS3 and PSVita, Dust 514 Beta Access for Plus Members, and more.

In order to continue bringing you the best online games experience, we will need to perform some routine maintenance on PSN beginning tomorrow morning (Thursday, August 23rd). This maintenance will start at approximately 9:00AM PDT (10:00AM MDT / 11:00AM CDT / 12:00 noon EDT) and last until around 4:00PM PDT (5:00PM MDT / 6:00PM CDT / 7:00PM EDT). Specifically during the first hour of this maintenance period, you may receive a maintenance notification when attempting to access PSN. The PlayStation Store and Account Management will not be available during the maintenance period but you WILLbe able to access online play and apps provided that you have signed in to the Network at some point over the past few days. So please be sure to sign in now if you wish to access the Network during this maintenance window.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your support.

Tempest_Fire
Digital Platforms Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 8 of 25 (1,003 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Thanks Tempest:catvery-happy:

Message 9 of 25 (997 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3968 posts