Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 20 2013
By: TSUNADE1224 Welcoming Committee 3630 posts

Konami X7 Previews

[ Edited ]
39 replies 689 views Edited Mar 20, 2013

I am looking at the previews in X7 and Konami has some new locomotions the mini tank and the space fighter.  These are $2.99 and comes in various colors with the exception of the gold versions of these LMO's that are priced at $4.49 an extra $1.50.  I think its ridiculous that at this day and age Devs still overprice items just cause it that the word "GOLD" in it, I mean its just a re-skinned item in a different color it didn't cost more to make this one then the others. 

This is just another way to segregate the community based on "who bought the more expensive LMO".  I personally wouldn't buy the gold versions anyways since the gold versions of items look cheap and tacky and not because I can't afford it.  Often people on Home tend to think that if you don't buy the GOLD version of items because you can afford it, giving them an air of superiority that's totally unfounded.  Feel free to share you sentiments on this :smileyhappy:

Embrace Tomorrow
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 40 (689 Views)
Sackboy
282 posts

Re: Gold = More Money $$ = Segregation?

Mar 20, 2013
I don't understand the gold skins cost more trend. I don't care if someone wants to spend more for it but if someone looks down on YOU for not buying it... I think they've just done you a favor^^
-60GB RIP 4-15-2010-
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 40 (655 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9232 posts

Mar 20, 2013
Not a fan of overpriced gold myself, but when the gold comes at the same price like the Peakvox Labs golden alien, then I'm all over it I won't lie. Been waiting for that badboy to drop :smileytongue:
I was disappointed to see Konami up pricing their gold wares but did you seeeee the Contra pajamas?!? I can't stay mad at Konami ^_^ <3
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 40 (654 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1155 posts

Mar 20, 2013

They make them and people buy them ... and because of it, they jack up the prices on everything else. I remember when that first gold suit came out, at $15, I kept telling friends that if you buy these ridiculously priced items, the devs would keep upping the prices until we stop buying.

Well guess what? People bought the suit, and now everything re-skinned gold commands a premium price :smileymad:

Photobucket
 photo CT3WinnerBanner_zps9eb2b641.png
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 40 (639 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Look at it this way, While I am an adult and could waste money on pixels, a part of me remembers they are pixels, and I  personally think more power to who ever is willing to pay more for " limited gold" stuff. Maybe they are missing something in their real life? Maybe their mom or grandma gave them the money, and I think that it is cute ^_^

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 40 (634 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Mar 20, 2013
they missin somethin alright ralahinn, a BRAIN
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 40 (630 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25778 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

Truthfully, what does it matter what anyone is willing to send? Some spend nothing and some spend a lot. The only segregation we wil have is the one created by people.

I've seen groups of people having fun no matter if the participants have spent money o not. Then I've seen people walk up to another and start calling them names for no reason.

SCE/SCEA isn't causing the problems or segregation in home. People are.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 40 (624 Views)
Survivor
1685 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Segregation isn't necessarily a bad thing and some people have discriminating tastes.   For instance cats and dogs usually are segragated and people with discriminating tastes do not walk around in Home in certain clothes.  Let's hope that being politically correct doesnt dictate how we can use different variations of our vocabulary.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 40 (445 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2752 posts

Mar 20, 2013
:^/ I think that when gold is used sparingly it is quite attractive, but when overdone, it's quite garish. As for the prices, that's downright silly.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 40 (432 Views)
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Mar 20, 2013

I don’t blame the developers for overpricing gold items if we are willing to pay the higher prices.  Why should they pass up the opportunity to turn a quick profit?  If anything, we as a community dictate what the prices should be when we pay the higher premiums for these items.  If gold items didn’t sell at higher prices, then I’m sure the devs wouldn’t bother to make them.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 40 (398 Views)