Apr 08 2013
By: Nanshe Sackboy 348 posts

LMO/Sidekicks – Likes/dislikes & hope to see!

6 replies 171 views Edited Apr 8, 2013

Ever since Home introduced the new Locomotion’s (LMOs) there has been an explosion of new cool ideas and ways to enjoy PlayStation Home. Things have certainly became more fun and interesting and I believe we are just at the beginning of a new era for Home with a lot more things to come…

This thread (which you’re welcome to contribute) I would like to list down the things I like, don’t like and hope to see change.

What I Like:

• Cool new moves/gestures (animations)
  • Cool new sidekicks (pets)
  • New ways to travel – bikes, fly, ride etc.
  • Creativity has no limits

What I don’t like:

• The price
  • Lack of sorting options
  • Difficulty in switching
  • Lack of any preview!
  • Limited moves per LMO
  • No integration with existing actions
  • Just 1 sidekick/LMO slot
  • The fact that pets/sidekicks don’t utilize the R1 menu for additional actions for example:
  • Dog pet – Fetch, Heel, Stay,  Rollover etc

What I hope to see:

• Ability to stack (into slots) few LMOs & sidekicks – at least for easy switching
  • New categories for better inventory management
  • Prices reduced
  • Better integration with existing core actions
  • Improved interaction with the surroundings and other avatars for sidekicks
  • Action menu for sidekicks
  • Preview mode

Feel free to make your own list, add, debate or just support :womanvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (171 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29005 posts

Re: LMO/Sidekicks – Likes/dislikes & hope to see!

Apr 8, 2013

Some wonderful suggestions and observations.

It would be nice if they at least separated LMO's from Companions. That category has to be huge for some. I didn't spend money on companions but I do have quite a few free ones. I do buy a number of LMO's. I find them to be a lot more fun. Inventory management just doesn't seem to have a priority when it comes to core updates.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (137 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Apr 8, 2013

What I would like to see with the flying LMOs is that you could fly vertically upwards not just stuck to the ground. What's the point of having wings or a jet, if can't fly up? With companions, maybe some interactivity. Of course as mentioned above, different slot locations for LMOs, gestures & companions.

Above all else, what I would like to see is maybe games involving your LMOs & Companions. Like a racing game with your horse, motorcycle, space fighter, etc. and maybe a battle game like Cutthroat with the tank, space fighter, dragons & wings (which would require any hand held melee weapons already purchased or unlocked from any store or game). As with the companions, maybe a battle game or adventure game involving your companions. I've been meaning to put this idea up in the suggestion thread.

Antonio Xul
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (123 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4869 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Anton_Xul wrote:
Of course as mentioned above, different slot locations for LMOs, gestures & companions.

Perhaps in a future core update.

Although this feature could certainly be implemented, the burden of sorting would fall on the Devs who make them.

Everything would would have to be coded to go into the appropriate category when purchased, just like clothes and furniture.

If this were to happen, any future releases after the update wouldn't be a problem. If a Dev didn't recode older stuff, it just might stay in a generic category like pets. This would have to be a team effort to make this work properly.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
348 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

Wow Anton you got some really cool and fun ideas! I hope someone is listening :smileyhappy:

BTW: Flying up is possible in personal spaces and I don't think you'll have see it coming to public ones as it will allow you to glitch the space and get to places you're not supposed to.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8629 posts

Apr 8, 2013
They need to find a way to allocate the memory to allow us to have LMOs and companions out at the same time and preferrably in different menues so I dont have to keep putting my companions in inventory storage.
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Nanshe wrote:

Wow Anton you got some really cool and fun ideas! I hope someone is listening :smileyhappy:

Thanks, I already put it up in the suggestion thread. I figured the LMOs & companions should be just more than aesthetics, but something we could use to have fun with. If games like these were implemented, they would probably sell more as people will always enjoy games (as long as it's not buggy). Not to mention, it's advertisement for their LMOs & companions. People should be able to watch people battle and race like a spectator sport.

Antonio Xul
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (77 Views)
0 Likes