Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5291 posts

Re: Meet the Real Paul Sullivan aka Tempest_Fire

Aug 20, 2012

Speaking as the one currently practicing professional broadcaster in the room, I love Doc's stuff. That he isn't "professional" and all **bleep** Cavett about what he does is the point. It's a guerilla style that adds a layer of immediacy and honesty to the piece, which is, quite frankly, lacking in the vast majority of overly slick, corporate-PR-controlled communications that come from the gaming industry as a whole.

It works because we think we'll be getting, and may actually be getting, something off the cuff.

If you don't like the style, Moz, say you don't like the style. Don't attack the professionalism of the producers. They know what they're doing, and they know what works for their audience. A reasonable criticism would have been to say, "I'd prefer to see a formal interview without the obscenity." Just don't expect everyone to hop on that bandwagon.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 34 (6,860 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9072 posts

Aug 20, 2012
I enjoyed the interview overall it was pretty cool to see T_F in person and didnt mind how laid back Doc seemed. They clearly had a long day and look like personal friends so the way they were talking seemed fine. Glad Tempest is on the team ^_^
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 34 (6,849 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4375 posts

Aug 20, 2012

HearItWow wrote:

Speaking as the one currently practicing professional broadcaster in the room, I love Doc's stuff. That he isn't "professional" and all **bleep** Cavett about what he does is the point. It's a guerilla style that adds a layer of immediacy and honesty to the piece, which is, quite frankly, lacking in the vast majority of overly slick, corporate-PR-controlled communications that come from the gaming industry as a whole.

It works because we think we'll be getting, and may actually be getting, something off the cuff.

If you don't like the style, Moz, say you don't like the style. Don't attack the professionalism of the producers. They know what they're doing, and they know what works for their audience. A reasonable criticism would have been to say, "I'd prefer to see a formal interview without the obscenity." Just don't expect everyone to hop on that bandwagon.

I would agree.  The better word to use in place of what we are calling professional would be formal.  The style was not formal.

As to if it was professional, simply it was not.  The definition of a professional is someone who gets paid for doing something.  As I am sure none of the people involved in that production are getting paid for their efforts, they can not be called professionals.

They are inspired, hard working amateurs, making an informative show in a very layed back, informal style of presentation.  A show that Doc, occasionally can't remember the name of.  lol.

No big deal.  You should see me try to remember where my keys are in the morning.

Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 34 (6,846 Views)
Gaming Beast
1886 posts

Re: Meet the Real Paul Sullivan

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2012

I guess when we see ImM0Zb0 conduct an interview where she can demonstrate the proper  interview skills then maybe we will all understand.. So MOZ when you gonna line that up for us so we can all take note?

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 34 (6,843 Views)