Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 29 2014
By: D-Nitrate Treasure Hunter 4245 posts

Melissa bids farewell to LKWD, HSM, and Home...

38 replies 813 views Edited Jun 29, 2014

Posted yesterday on HSM, "Every beginning has an End"

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 1 of 39 (813 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3343 posts

Re: Melissa bids farewell to LKWD, HSM, and Home...

Jun 29, 2014

I wish her well in branching out and seeking new horizons. :smileyhappy:

Life should be an adventure and she's clearly embarking on it.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 2 of 39 (807 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5569 posts

Jun 29, 2014

Who Cares

Message 3 of 39 (798 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1224 posts

Jun 29, 2014

Good for her.

Taking the iniative and finding new things to experience. Hope it brings her fun, and happiness.

Message 4 of 39 (791 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3705 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2014

D-Nite I mean this in the most respectful way possible, but im not convinced that her leaving merited a thread in these forums.  LKWD_Mike was more of an active contributor and I didnt see any thread for him or did I miss it?  In any event, I dont bare anyone ill will and wish her the best, so im not gonna bring up what she did or didnt do for it isnt relavant at this point.

I will however miss Mike, he was an active member, communicator and all around nice guy and I hope he is doing well   Edit:  I also liked how Mike would take what could be an sensitive situation and make it positive, basically lighten the humor in a tense situation and that my friends takes lots of talent :smileyvery-happy:  MISS YOU MIKEY!! 

Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 5 of 39 (749 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3343 posts

Jun 29, 2014

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

D-Nite I mean this in the most respectful way possible, but im not convinced that her leaving merited a thread in these forums. 

Logic dictates Home related discussion merits threads or posts in the Home forum, regardless of opinions felt towards the individuals in question. I too, mean that in the most respectful way possible :smileyhappy:

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 6 of 39 (740 Views)
Welcoming Committee
785 posts

Jun 29, 2014

It's saddening to see so much people who were involed with Home leave. I wish Melissa the best of luck in all her future endeavors. And thank you for helping Home to be an enjoyable place.

HomeHomeHomeHomeHome
Message 7 of 39 (722 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Jun 29, 2014

I agree, LKWD Mike in many ways had the characteristics that I would consider ideal for someone in a community managerial role.  That said, good and bad, Melissa made a large impact on this community, both as a contributor to HSM and the articles she wrote that directly referenced this community, and as a representative for LKWD.

I certainly have conflicting emotions on her announcement, also both good and bad.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 8 of 39 (707 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4714 posts

Jun 29, 2014
Well, I guess this is goodbye to @LKWD_Melissa , but to @terra_cide , I'll just say...see ya 'round!

And Tsu, Mike did have a goodbye thread too. Hmm...who is left at Lockwood for us to pester?

Message 9 of 39 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3705 posts

Jun 29, 2014

EdwCarnby wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

D-Nite I mean this in the most respectful way possible, but im not convinced that her leaving merited a thread in these forums. 

Logic dictates Home related discussion merits threads or posts in the Home forum, regardless of opinions felt towards the individuals in question. I too, mean that in the most respectful way possible :smileyhappy:

Not sure how your logic works, but in this case it does not apply since this "Dev" was never really an active participate in these forums and prolly the reason why SHE herself skipped posting it here and decided to post it where she would get the most support.  Melissa posted 64 messages/230 likes in these forums with a registered date of 11/13/2013 LKWD MIke on the other hand posted 130 messages/708likes with a registered date of 02/18/2014,  You tell me who deserves a thread?

Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 10 of 39 (704 Views)
0 Likes