Treasure Hunter
4787 posts

Re: My opinion on PS Home MVP/Guides

May 29, 2013

anamri wrote:

I do have two questions though (not to anyone in particular, just in general):

1. It seems there are some who never want mention of people's MVP title, and some who want an MVPs response to that subject (and other similar topics)... Can you understand how impossible it is to do both of those things at the same time? 
  2. If you do not see a need for MVPs at all - What would make the program a worthwhile pursuit to you?

What are you asking? Is there a need or want for MVP'S? Real simple, No.

The fact is, there is a handful of regular users (non-MVP) that provide way more information, knowledge and help than any MVP.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 34 (180 Views)
Fender Bender
2825 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

anamri wrote:

1. It seems there are some who never want mention of people's MVP title, and some who want an MVPs response to that subject (and other similar topics)... Can you understand how impossible it is to do both of those things at the same time? 
  2. If you do not see a need for MVPs at all - What would make the program a worthwhile pursuit to you?

1. You can respond to a post asking for an MVP's comments, or choose to represent the MVP's without continually saying you are one. It's not a requirement. I mean, that's undermining everyone's ability to look silghtly to the left and notice a nametag has MVP under it and is in a blinding red color.

2. I don't see a need for them nor particularly want to be one. I feel this is a trick question because if we don't need or want MVP's there is no reason to pursue that endeavour. The question assumes by default we want to be one or pursue being one. To get around that, I'm going to say this:

There's a fundamental flaw with the current community volunteering programs. People are awarded in blocks and by attributes that may not apply to the sections of the forums they hang out. This incentivizes the wrong people more often than not and gives them time to prepare for something they shouldn't be. I feel if there were changes needed, it would be for the DPM's to pick their MVP's as and when with no indication of when that'll happen.

They should also do it after they prove their usefulness and ability to stay out of drama in more than one section of the forums. As much as I like some of the current batch, you can't honestly say all of them are being more useful than they were prior to being picked, and they are still jumping into drama rather than reporting it, or completely undermining our ability to read by telling us they have a red nametag when we can clearly see it to the left of a thread's messages. There's also a case of many trying to join the MVP program to act solely as Home Community Volunteers only to find not everyone can do this. It leaves them in a state of limbo and uselessness and definitely doesn't help the MVP program. So yes more things they could change in the vetting procedure are:

a) Make sure they are useful in more than one board.

b) Make sure they have level-headed opinions but are not opinionated and encouraging/kudo volleying negative politics.

c) If after being picked they are not fulfilling their duties or only hanging out with friends in one of the boards, remove the title. We're all allowed to have fun and hang with our friends or have opinions, but when you sign up for this program you are classed as an Ambassador and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambassador if that's anything to go by there's a level of sacrifice involved. If you aren't willing to sacrifice a couple of things for the program then why bother?

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: There is no new news to share at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 34 (171 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1761 posts

May 29, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

anamri wrote:

1. You can respond to a post asking for an MVP's comments, or choose to represent the MVP's without continually saying you are one. It's not a requirement. I mean, that's undermining everyone's ability to look silghtly to the left and notice a nametag has MVP under it and is in a blinding red color.

2. I don't see a need for them nor particularly want to be one. I feel this is a trick question because if we don't need or want MVP's there is no reason to pursue that endeavour. The question assumes by default we want to be one or pursue being one. To get around that, I'm going to say this:

There's a fundamental flaw with the current community volunteering programs. People are awarded in blocks and by attributes that may not apply to the sections of the forums they hang out. This incentivizes the wrong people more often than not and gives them time to prepare for something they shouldn't be. I feel if there were changes needed, it would be for the DPM's to pick their MVP's as and when with no indication of when that'll happen.

They should also do it after they prove their usefulness and ability to stay out of drama in more than one section of the forums. As much as I like some of the current batch, you can't honestly say all of them are being more useful than they were prior to being picked, and they are still jumping into drama rather than reporting it, or completely undermining our ability to read by telling us they have a red nametag when we can clearly see it to the left of a thread's messages. There's also a case of many trying to join the MVP program to act solely as Home Community Volunteers only to find not everyone can do this. It leaves them in a state of limbo and uselessness and definitely doesn't help the MVP program. So yes more things they could change in the vetting procedure are:

a) Make sure they are useful in more than one board.

b) Make sure they have level-headed opinions but are not opinionated and encouraging/kudo volleying negative politics.

c) If after being picked they are not fulfilling their duties or only hanging out with friends in one of the boards, remove the title. We're all allowed to have fun and hang with our friends or have opinions, but when you sign up for this program you are classed as an Ambassador and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambassador if that's anything to go by there's a level of sacrifice involved. If you aren't willing to sacrifice a couple of things for the program then why bother?

What I meant by the first question - well, it might be better if i gave an example, I guess...  It's like asking someone to respond about forum posters mentioning they are forum posters, without mentioning or inferring you are a forum poster.  :smileyfrustrated:  Confused?  So am I!  LOL

For the second question, really, there was no trick.  I simply wondered what would have to change to make a person (who does NOT think the MVP program is useful) to appreciate the program.  Which you gave some excellent ways in which the picking of MVPs could be more individually directed to certain boards! 

I was curious to know what MVPs should be doing, in all of yours opinion, to make the program more successful and/or useful.  Really, no trick, I'm just curious as to what would have to change in order for this program (which obviously isn't going to disappear) to have worth to the whole community. 

Is it just the behavior of a few, or is there something that the MVPs could be doing to be more useful, now that they are in that role.  Much like LightningEmotion gave suggestions for MVPs to try to get more people into Home. 

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 34 (139 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27663 posts

May 29, 2013

Icinq wrote:

What really bugs me is some of the MVP's on here don't seem to get touched by the mods no matter how inappropriate they act. One MVP in particular has a clique on here where they pretty much do whatever the heck they want. They tend to encourage others in the community to behave badly on the forums, and then these lesser individuals are the ones who get in trouble for it. It really makes me sick that some of the MVP's act like that, and the mods fail to reprimand them. No wonder all the other forums channels talk really bad about about the Home forums. Because it's a total joke here.

This concerns me, no one & I mean no one is above the Forum rules, so if you see anyone, be they an MVP or not who you think is acting inappropriately please report them to the Moderation team or one of the DPM's.

As for the OP's points, for those of you that don't know me I have been around the Forums for a while now & I was one of the recently inducted MVP's, to be asked to apply was very flattering & to be accepted was an honor.

I used to use PS HOME an AWFUL lot, but in recent years not so much, yes I popped in again every now & again to keep abreast of things etc, but I stopped using HOME like I used to, it just didn't hold my attention like it used to.

I tend to 'loiter' mostly in the Support Forums as well as the General & Off Topic areas, it's where I feel I can help people the most while at the same time having some fun too, we're all here to have fun as well right?

Recently I have started to venture into HOME again, did becoming an MVP prompt that, yes & no, as an MVP I should be aware of all aspects & areas of the Community, someone who uses HOME a lot was very helpful to me, they are not an MVP or Guide just a 'regular' user, but they were very kind with their time in bringing me back up to speed with a few things & making sure I didn't look like a 'noob' lol, I wanted t make sure I had some 'decent' cloths to wear before I ventured into the Hub & other areas lol!

I like to think of myself as helpful, some of you will agree with that some of you won't, everyone should be here to help each-other, but in my view MVP's more so, we should be held to a higher standard, we were chosen for a number of reasons & I'm sorry some of you were/are not happy with those choices, but generally I think the vast majority of the MVP's do a great job be it in or outside of HOME.

Which brings me to another point, there is more to the PS3 than HOME & there is more to the PS3 than the HOME Forums, likewise there is more to these Froums than the General, Off Topic, Support Areas & other Forums than just those, what I'm saying is everyone, not just MVP's should venture out from the areas they perhaps feels safer in, posting here in the HOME Forums was second-nature to me once, now I feel as though I am almost entering into the 'lions den' sometimes lol, I'm sure others feel the same, but we should & must leave what we feel safe & occasionally look around some more, we owe it to ourselves to do that & we may, just may learn something new!

Being an MVP is NOT about having a bold red name or symbol next to your PSN ID, it is about many things, including but not limited to being helpful, assisting others & being an upstanding member of the Community who want to be involved.

Back to my original point, MVP's cannot do what they want nor should they, so if you see ANYONE 'acting' in a way that you feel is wrong & breaks the Forum guidelines or those of the Ambassador program, report them.

Just my two cents!

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 34 (117 Views)