Survivor
984 posts

Re: My stroll through (Home)

May 23, 2013

your welcome.

Thinking about your story some more.

Thinking about how wonderful Home has been for you.

Thinking about how wonderful you have been for Home.

You are one of the few people on this Foum, whom I look up to as a role model.

You are a shining example of what we should all be striving to be.

Thanks for just being . . . you :smileyhappy:

btw: you have also given me a new appreciation for Home.

photo the_Lil.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 103 (253 Views)
Limit Breaker
16014 posts

May 23, 2013

I had no idea, LiL. wow. Honor was all mine. Thank you.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 103 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1435 posts

May 23, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Everyone has or knows someone with disibilities. I would love to see some shared here. feel free. It's about us. also, Share Home with those who might need a place like Home. I mentioned before many others who use home as therapy. I met a deaf woman in home. she LOVED it! typed like she was talking to you and well.. She WAS! it was hard for her in real life public areas but not in home :smileyhappy:

Okay my brother in arms or Home that is. Once again I will trot out my story with some trepidation. As you know I shared my story last year and much to my surprise it was featured in the Sony Blog. Jers, like you Home has given me so much and I try to give back at least a little every day. There are so many wonderful people many who post here, that I have met on this journey. Many of you I am fortunate to have on my friend list. 

Why I am a little reticent to share my story again, is it was met with mixed reaction as your story was when you shared it here on the forum so long ago. Many wonderful people reached out to me after reading my story in the blog, but some lashed out at me instead. One member who posts regularly here, even posted in a thread on this forum; that when she read it she almost cried. Till she saw that the story was about me, she said she then laughed instead. Takes all types.

But sharing our stories is important because it helps people to see the bigger picture. At least those who have it within their hearts to see the bigger picture. And yes, we are the lucky ones. Not only do we have the wonderful virtual world of Home which enables us to do things we couldn't do otherwise; we truly understand what is really important.

So I thank you once again Jersquall for reminding me what is important. Any of you interested, please follow the link. :smileywink: Mur

Mur's Story

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 103 (246 Views)
Limit Breaker
16014 posts

May 23, 2013

So glad you shared it again, MM. :smileywink: Thank you.

People are people. All you can do is what you can. I know your story and it has crossed my mind plenty. Again, Thank you.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 103 (237 Views)
Fender Bender
2904 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

Bambi-01us wrote:

Hey Jers,

I never was the type to share stuff like that.  I am motivated by how you carry yourself on these forums and home.  You have really been a good friend for the past couple years.  I don't want to derail the the thread by sharing my problems.  I'm actually very lucky.  I just joined the Marine Corps a few years ago.  It was something I wanted to do my whole life.  I wanted to be a Marine.

One night I was out with friends.  I left my truck parked and started to walk home that night.  I seen bright head lights and moved over to the side of the road and carried on my walk.  I felt a hard hit, flying feeling, and another instant stop.  I woke up in the woods, and got my bearings back.  I knew something happen to me but I wasn't sure what happen.  So I started to walk home. 

This was the longest walk I ever took on my life.  It was like a never ending road.  I finally get home and clean myself up to go to bed.  I wake up to go to work and realize I couldn't move.  No matter what I did I could not move.  My father found me in the house and asked me why I wasn't at work.  He looked at me and just knew something was wrong.  He picks me up to take me to the hospital.  The doctors told me I shattered my C3 and fractured my C4.  The State Police told me I was hit by a truck.  The truck hit me, threw me 30 feet in the air and I came to rest against a tree. 

So I now have limits to what I can do in life now.  I can walk  n stuff and I'm thankful.  I go through a lot of pain which stinks.  PlayStation Home has actually helped me cope with that.  I get to help people, share my ideas, have fun, and try to be myself.  Not just Home, the whole PlayStation Community helps me cope with my problems.  Being part of the community means a lot to me and I would probably never leave it.

Thanks for letting me share.  I kinda went indeph with all that.  Thanks for the thread kinda motivated me to be more open.

That is an amazing story of how you recovered after that accident Bambi. I had a similar incident where I was hit by a car, but it wasn't nearly as bad as what you went through, It was when I was a teen in highschool during exams. I had just finished writing my exam for that day so I was hanging out at the bowling alley across the street until it was time to go home. I realized I was late for the school bus so I had to make a run for it. The street had a huge line up of cars just sitting there waiting. So I thought it was my chance to get across quickly. So I ran but on the other lane on the other side of those cars, there was traffic still moving. I didn't see that and dashed right in front of a speeding car. I remember being hit but then blacking out. The next thing that happened was I woke up lying on the sidewalk with a huge group of people standing around. i stood up and tried to run for the bus again but my leg was in terrible pain. 
bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 103 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2904 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

Then a man (the guy who hit me with his car), told me to lie down and wait for the ambulance. He then covered me with his jacket because I was shaking. I thought I was cold but it turned out I was in shock. It ended up I broke my leg and my arm, So I was immobile for a couple weeks. The guy who hit me was an off duty police officer too. A lawyer told me that I could sue the guy for damages, but I didn't want to because I felt bad for him. He was crying when he came to see me in the hospital and I didn't want to see him lose his job over this. I still had one more exam to do but the teacher let me do it in the hospital. It wasn't my good arm that broke so I could still write. But that incident was the worse accident that ever happened to me in my life. I still get nervous about crossing the street even now.

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 103 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16014 posts

May 23, 2013

Oh, and if any awesome devs are out there thinking about the next awesome idea >.>

tank-wheelchair.jpg

It will be going in the June item request thread. we can talk accessories (missles, guns, tacks, tear gas) later :smileywink:

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 103 (224 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

Pretty inspiring words. 

My list of users who I look up to on this forum board, are very slim. But to let you know Jersquall, you're one them.

I remember reading the article, that mentioned that very statement "I can walk in home." It touched me then, touches me now. Theres people out there behind these avatars, that may not live a normal life, or have it easy. 

Sure, we can look at their avatar, they may come off happy, and it everything may seem content with them. Though, we each have struggles, and I do commend you for being more vocal about yours. Not because you want attention, but because you're not ashamed of it, and you don't let it stop you from enjoying yourself with others.

To be on the subject of disabilities, lots of people who are disabled come into Home. It's a easy playing ground for them, because facing some real life social scenarios, may make them feel discouraged, or upset.

I also thought of you, when these wheelchairs came out. Not because I knew you were disabled, and would purchase one. But because I knew you would see the positive in them, not the negative.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 103 (220 Views)
Limit Breaker
16014 posts

May 23, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Pretty inspiring words. 

My list of users who I look up to on this forum board, are very slim. But to let you know Jersquall, you're one them.

I remember reading the article, that mentioned that very statement "I can walk in home." It touched me then, touches me now. Theres people out there behind these avatars, that may not live a normal life, or have it easy. 

Sure, we can look at their avatar, they may come off happy, and it everything may seem content with them. Though, we each have struggles, and I do commend you for being more vocal about yours. Not because you want attention, but because you're not ashamed of it, and you don't let it stop you from enjoying yourself with others.

To be on the subject of disabilities, lots of people who are disabled come into Home. It's a easy playing ground for them, because facing some real life social scenarios, may make them feel discouraged, or upset.

I also thought of you, when these wheelchairs came out. Not because I knew you were disabled, and would purchase one. But because I knew you would see the positive in them, not the negative.

The video is symbolic in a few ways. if you watch it closely you'll see struggle, achievement, fun. All by design.All things I have dealt with in Home and life.  Stairs are a nightmare for Wheelchairs. So are hills. But there is always a way. .
Thank you, MB you brought some type for thought.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 103 (215 Views)
Fender Bender
3266 posts

May 23, 2013

You're amazing Jersquall, I admire you, truely I do!! And your video and story both touched me and I always hope for the best for you. Stay strong, because I know you can :smileyhappy:

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 103 (194 Views)