Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1300 posts

Re: My stroll through (Home)

May 23, 2013

A very inspiring message. I'm very sorry to learn of your injury, but sometimes all we can do is make the best of things regardless-- and that's exactly what you do. :smileyhappy:

Keep up the great work you do through Home, Jer. :smileywink:

Message 61 of 103 (288 Views)
Fender Bender
1513 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

BUSHWICKED2 wrote:

poor you thanx for sharing BLAH BLAH

Disabilities, we all have them or will get them one day. No one is immune from the impact of disabilities personally and in society. The range of disabilities is wide and all encompassing; from birth defects, accidents, learning issues, emotional imbalances, chemical dependencies, health issues, etc. If you are able bodied and sound of mind currently, count yourself blessed. :smileyhappy: Yes I said BLESS

Many people who do not understand disabilities react negatively to those who have them. They react with fear, anger, pity, or just running away. And that is one of the beauties of Home and online Forums. You cannot see my disability nor can you differentiate me from others unless I tell my story. So many times people will get to know me before they know about my disability or anything else that superficially differentiates me from you. 

Home is a unique place where we can all interact as ourselves or choose to be whatever fantasy and whatever merchandise is available allows us to be. Our community is diverse including all walks, ages, genders, LGTBs, disabled, races, etc. You name something that differentiates us and you are not able to detect this difference by an avatar. As we are never certain that the avatar accurately represents the person. 

It takes a very brave person like Jersquall to tell his story. Especially because he could have hidden behind his avatar and no one would have ever been the wiser. Anyone who questions his motives as seeking attention or looking for pity, just doesn't get it. Jersquall shares his story, because he truly cares about the Home and gaming community that has given him so much. A leader often risks personal exposure to help nudge us along to a better place. Thank you Jersquall for being that leader. Thank you for reminding us that differences among us do not need to divide us, but can make us stronger. Mur

*edited for typos

Posted Image
Message 62 of 103 (287 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4019 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

As a relative newcomer to the forums (lurking time not included hehe), Jers, your personality, wisdom, and advice to others helped me to set a tone for how I wanted to express myself here. It probably sounds silly, but everytime I see your name on a comment I lean a little closer in, as if I will 'hear' the words a little more clearly. Haha. I have often wondered what fires of experience or hardship a man would have to be forged in to produce a personality almost immediately recognizable through as impersonal a medium as text. I guess this story begins to answer that question for me. Thank you for sharing it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 63 of 103 (282 Views)
Limit Breaker
16552 posts

May 23, 2013

Iady-cha0s- wrote:

A very inspiring message. I'm very sorry to learn of your injury, but sometimes all we can do is make the best of things regardless-- and that's exactly what you do. :smileyhappy:

Keep up the great work you do through Home, Jer. :smileywink:

Thank you Lady-cha0s-

Your sig pic! /love :smileyhappy: TWD!

And Mystic, That was such a terrific answer. wow!

HomeStationMagazine
Message 64 of 103 (279 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4019 posts

May 23, 2013

MysticMur wrote:

Thanks for sharing your story as well, Mur, and nicely handled response.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 65 of 103 (245 Views)
Fender Bender
2992 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Oh, and if any awesome devs are out there thinking about the next awesome idea >.>

tank-wheelchair.jpg

It will be going in the June item request thread. we can talk accessories (missles, guns, tacks, tear gas) later :smileywink:

Well Jersquall I'm no developer. But heres something I came up with. I hope you like it. :manhappy:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3672/8805152198_b50e9ec3af_z.jpg

bobs fed signature
Message 66 of 103 (241 Views)
MVP Support
3680 posts

May 23, 2013

Bobsfed wrote:
Well Jersquall I'm no developer. But heres something I came up with. I hope you like it. :manhappy:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3672/8805152198_b50e9ec3af_z.jpg

LoLz!  That's great. 

Message 67 of 103 (234 Views)
Limit Breaker
16552 posts

May 23, 2013

That will do^^. :smileyvery-happy:

HomeStationMagazine
Message 68 of 103 (231 Views)
Limit Breaker
16552 posts

May 23, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:
As a relative newcomer to the forums (lurking time not included hehe), Jers, your personality, wisdom, and advice to others helped me to set a tone for how I wanted to express myself here. It probably sounds silly, but everytime I see your name on a comment I lean a little closer in, as if I will 'hear' the words a little more clearly. Haha. I have often wondered what fires of experience or hardship a man would have to be forged in to produce a personality almost immediately recognizable though as impersonal a medium as text. I guess this story begins to answer that question for me. Thank you for sharing it.

You have a great personality here :smileyhappy: I don't think everyone who post's here is a true representation of who they are. It's a small percent I am sure but the forums and a high percent that post are the way they post. that said, There are some real people persons here. like yourself. Like myself. Sure things are hard sometimes. They are for all of us. You deal, it get's better. wash, rinse, repeat. If you learn something from diversity you are that much better for it. With the forums and  the inclusion of different types of people, lifestyles and different thoughts we can all learna lot from eachother. Sometimes in a single thread.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 69 of 103 (207 Views)
Limit Breaker
16552 posts

May 23, 2013

boobinz wrote:

..I still want my wheelchair race yet!...:smileywink:

Can do. :smileyhappy:

HomeStationMagazine
Message 70 of 103 (160 Views)