Sackboy
387 posts

Re: My stroll through (Home)

May 24, 2013

I wish I was better at putting my thoughts into words and even then I am not sure if I could , there are many of us with different disabilities or limitations that differ in many ways from others , I do applaud you for being able to post this in a  open forum putting yourself out there like this. 

I read this and I would be lyin if I was to say it did'nt tear me up a bit and for many reasons , I could never speak about my problems as you did ,i'm not sure if its pride or fear which stops me and has for years. During my time owning a ps3 ,being on home and other gaming communities /programs I don't believe I have ever mentioned in detail what I endure daily , I believe maybe it is fear of being looked at differently but I honestly can't say the exact reason, knowing what it is like to have a disability although much different from yours I can't express how much respect I have for you being able to write about yours while at the sametime wishing I had your courage to do so , I have met you and spoke with you a couple times when you were a HCV years ago and I to this day remember you and once I started watching the forums before posting I will say you are one of those on here whom I have followed so to speak as I like your style of posting.

I do know home and gaming communities have helped me alot along with my family as it keeps my brain occupied along with given me the chance to make great friends and try to be creative which is another great thing about home and the different groups ,talents and activites users have come up with to express creativity which is great for me and i'm sure others as well. 

I will say home along with gaming offers a much needed break from the real world so to speak but home offers more than that as there are real folks behind each avatar which creates imo the best social network i've ever seen or experienced and I can honestly say if and when home is gone I will have fond memories of my time here.

Ok, I can't get anymore of my thoughts to look as I mean them and i'm sure the wall in this post has its errors but I simply could not bypass posting nor could I reply with a kudos or a short reply as I started typing and could'nt stop ,I believe this is the longest reply to any post i've ever had on any forum and I am forums alot haha.

Sorry for the long post but your thread really moved me in a positive way and I truly mean that. Post of the year goes to Jers and much respect gained as well  , keep on bein cool Jers! 

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 103 (257 Views)
Limit Breaker
15982 posts

May 24, 2013

Really nice of you to open up a bit ALEX. Your new contributions here have been pretty cool. It isn't "Imaginary''  and we can't "Wash it all away'' but I think it's ''Good enough'' :smileywink:

"Exodus''

Forever Evanescence..

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 103 (252 Views)
Survivor
984 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

Alex : You contribute. You create. You are a welcome addition to the Forums, and Home.

Jer, has made one of the most relevant, and important threads, I have ever seen in these Forums.

One, which reminds us, that What you are is not as important as Who you are, either in RL or on Home.

You, Alex, remind us that the Forums and Home are Social Venues.

No, an Avitar is not real, but the person behind them is.

I equivocate just a bit. For many, their Avi's are real. " I have met the Avi, and he(she) is us ".

There are different ways to make an Avi " real ".

I have spent many hours changing my Head, Face, Nose, Jaw, Cheeks, Lips, Eyes, Ears, Chin, Neck, Height, and Width.

Hair and makeup have received inordinate attention :smileyhappy:

I am a Plastic Surgeon on Home, and I could retire a rich woman, if only the michael jacksons of Home could find my Office.

In RL, my knees aren't so knobbily, and my booty is smaller, doggone it.

Otherwise, my Avi is me. I am a vain, but not so shallow person, who buys way too many clothes.

I have not changed a thing about Who my Avi is :

I Keep it Clean, I Respect Others. I will not tolerate abuse. My greatest joy, is seeing, and making others, smile.

I like helping people; I have left a site and gone to another, when I got a PM or message asking for assistance.

Friends call me Lil, Lily, and YES, some call me ": SIlly Lilly ".

For others ; What they are, and what they look like is personal choice. A mirrored image of RL, or where ever their desires,  imagination, and creativity lead them. Jer and Mur have reminded me, that Who they are always shines through.

What ever you choose to look like, remember what Jer and Mur, and others have taught us :

An Avi can walk, run, jump, fly and soar. Meet and greet. Enjoy, and be enjoyed by friends, and those just met.  Can help, contribute, and create. Sounds real enough to me :smileyhappy:

I don't care about What you look like, I only care about Who you are.

photo the_Lil.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 103 (238 Views)
Limit Breaker
15982 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

Great thoughts, LiL

Important too is your thought on personalities. and first impressions. Do we shy away from those who are ''different'' or do we get to know them and see if they are persons of good character before overall decisions?

Are we the parents who when asked by a child ''Daddy, Why is that person in a wheelchair?'' Would you be the parent who grabs the child and walks away mumbling or are you the parent who explains ''it's okay to ask, let's ask him''.

I would prefer the later. :smileywink:

just an example but it serves it's purpose.

Many are reading this thread but not posting. maybe because they're curious or never really have known of persons with disabilities. If so, Know this. Having a physical injury or any sort doesn't mean you stop living. Having fun and wanting the same for others.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 103 (230 Views)
Wastelander
611 posts

May 24, 2013
Great thoughts, LiL

Important too is your thought on personalities. and first impressions. Do we shy away from those who are ''different'' or do we get to know them and see if they are persons of good character before overall decisions?
Are we the parents who when asked by a child ''Daddy, Why is that person in a wheelchair?'' Would you be the parent who grabs the child and walks away mumbling or are you the parent who explains ''it's okay to ask, let's ask him''.
I would prefer the later.

just an example but it serves it's purpose.
Many are reading this thread but not posting. maybe because they're curious or never really have known of persons with disabilities. If so, Know this. Having a physical injury or any sort doesn't mean you stop living. Having fun and wanting the same for others.

BRAVO!!! Nicely said!

In response to your response to my posting...LOL. I just wanted to thank you for responding and I'm flattered and humbled by your response, thank you. To me, respect is one of the, if not THE most important value any of us can have or aspire to be. I know from reading your postings over the years that you have achieved this attribute too. I sure hope we run into each other eventually...I'd love to meet you sometime. I'll try to post more too, it's just not so much fun on this tiny iPhone screen with one finger...but I'm so very lucky to have that!! Take care!
Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 103 (193 Views)
Limit Breaker
15982 posts

May 24, 2013

Take care, Boxer Lady. I'm sure we will see each other again. :smileyhappy:

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 103 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

May 26, 2013

^_- ty kindly message is touching i'll keep u in my prayers

live love and dream
Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 103 (157 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4881 posts

May 26, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

TSFRJ wrote:

long journeys amazing how much ground is covered keep on rolling. :smileywink:

A lot of ground covered and platforms. You have featured me as a Sackboy on a few occasion for your awesome LBP creations and I thank you for that Rob. You killing me in multipe helicopter crashes in Battlefield 2 and 3? not so much :smileytongue:

Yea i'd have to agree my chopper skill over a cliff are not up to par:

images.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 103 (133 Views)
VP of Gaming
27884 posts

May 27, 2013

I showed your OP to my wife earlier Jers, she read it then Watched the video, she walked away with tears in her eyes.

Tinged with obvious sadness & a brilliant story this was a wonderful Thread.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 103 (119 Views)
Limit Breaker
15982 posts

May 27, 2013

TSFRJ wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

TSFRJ wrote:

long journeys amazing how much ground is covered keep on rolling. :smileywink:

A lot of ground covered and platforms. You have featured me as a Sackboy on a few occasion for your awesome LBP creations and I thank you for that Rob. You killing me in multipe helicopter crashes in Battlefield 2 and 3? not so much :smileytongue:

Yea i'd have to agree my chopper skill over a cliff are not up to par:

You're a nut. :smileyvery-happy:

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 103 (115 Views)
0 Likes