Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
4 posts

Just a thought.

Dec 2, 2012

Have you guys ever considered a Town building / MMORPG game that was fully interlinked?  I.E.  Towns get units, units can be taken by the player into maps to clear them out, thus expanding the territory of the players town.  Towns could even build up an army to capture unclaimed territories on a main map!!  To make it a more conprehensive experience players should be able to customize character race, class, skills, and equipment.  And all players should recieve an assistant that they can taylor as a support unit, as well as recieve tips and town growth idea's.  Dungeons would be key.  Players need various challenges such as conquest of territory to increase thier personal influence in a world map setting.  They also need the one on one challenges only experienced through dungeon crawling combat.  "Diablo 2" for example has an amazing character creation and customizing features, but you never get a sence of stability for your character.  If this game play style could be interwoven with the absolutely flawless town building / conquest nature of the IPod touch's "Kingdom Conquest"  then it would attract a broader scope of players than either of the two above could individually, as well as provide a more rewarding experience over all.  Nothing could compare to defeating a massive Ender Deamon, then returning victoriously into your capital, where you learned that in your absence four new dragons had hatched, your military had grown by 200 soldiers, and the farthest reaches of your grasp have been fully secured by your thriving towns....anyway, like i said, just a thought.

P.S. - if this idea is in any way attractive to you, please post as such.  I have a comprehensive layout of how these two games could be combigned into a single experience.   And i feel, as a 27 year old gamer, that it would strike a cord with "D&D", Chess, and "Cake Mania" players alike.

Message 241 of 248 (686 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29222 posts

Re: Just a thought.

Dec 2, 2012

Glasswalls should be posting the December Suggestions soon. Given it's the weekend we probably won't see it until tomorrow. Posting it in the November thread will get it looked at sooner.

:smileyhappy:

Message 242 of 248 (679 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
26140 posts

Re: November Suggestions

Dec 2, 2012

Avatar Wearable Costumes in Home

When we get licensed movie or comic book costumes, once in a while it would nice if they were just that: costumes, rather than only avatars.

I always thought that it would have looked cool if the Alien "costume" that we had in Home would have been released as an actual costume that our avatars would wear. I thought it would have been interesting seeing aliens running around with frumpy bodies, short, tall, fat, thin and big busted. Just as we would be if we wore such a costume in real life.

This way even if we had the same costume on, we wouldn't look exactly alike. We'd all look different - as individuals.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 243 of 248 (117 Views)
VP of Gaming
26140 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Home Theater

Personally, I'd like the Home Theater to pick it up a bit. I haven't been there a while. Not because I don't like the programs, but because there is just so much for me to do in Home it's hard to find the time to do everything. So, something has got to be spectacular to draw me back.

Pulse was a great reason to be there. so would interviews with game and Home Developers/Producers/Managers. I personally like the inside scoop - news that we may not find anywhere else. News that non-Homesters do not have access to. Fan-chat is good and all, but I do like surprises.

Meet and greets are always a draw for me. Preferably on weekends as I work in the evenings.

And I love watching The Tester from the Theater - my Wife and I do.

Message 244 of 248 (112 Views)
VP of Gaming
26140 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

Home Tycoon Train Station

I think we need a reason to go to go over to the otherside of the tracks in the train station. Most everyone congregates on oneside. Only those who are looking for something different cross over - only to discover nothing different.

Have shops/kiosks that sell or give away items that are not available anywhere else. Videos of interviews (always updated). Anything that would make us want to run over to the otherside of the tracks.

Honestly, there should be something to do or purchase all over the station as only one quarter of it is being visited/used prior to visiting a city. Please give us a reason (other than to travel) to hangout in the train station.

It's a big station/space with nothing to do (other than to go to our cities...)

Message 245 of 248 (112 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Re: Just a thought.

Dec 3, 2012

Oh well peeps, it is only the 3rd today, so guess the staff will be back in the office 2moz to create the "Most Wanted December thread". But there wouldn't really be much point in posting any new ideas into the November thread. If going by the kudos system, It might not get the number of votes that it deserves in such a small amount of time. Wouldn't be fair on the person that posted the idea really. Best wait for the December thread to be put up, you can always post your idea a 2nd time.  :smileyhappy:

Message 246 of 248 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2992 posts

Re: December: Suggestions Thread *Unofficial

Dec 3, 2012

CentraI_Plaza wrote:

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the December suggestions thread. This is not an Official thread which means the Moderation and/or Staff team may not read this over. This is here so everyone can hear what you think we should have for the month of December, since the Development Team  is busy working on our items I figured I would create this thread so that they can get an idea of what we are wanting to see for the month of December, this will give them some time to think about our suggestions.

Helpful hints to post the best suggestions:

I'm referring back to GlassWalls posting hints for this thread.

"1) Your top Virtual Item requests from games or general items. A Virtual Item is pretty much anything in Home you can own (clothing,  figurines, furniture, etc.) but cannot live in (like Personal Spaces).

2) Visual aids AKA screenshots! If you can find a screenshot of what you want, please include these! That old saying, "A picture is worth 1000 words," could not be truer. You all do a great job. Keep throwing suggestions and pics our way!

3) and don't be afraid to include any other suggestions you can think of (can be anything, just ask!)

Thanks in advance for collecting images, reference art, etc to best illustrate just what you're talking about."

Note to Staff* This is a suggestion thread for us users, if you do not approve of this thread please delete it, If its in the wrong section please move it. I know I have some suggestions of my own for December and I just want a head start on suggesting items. 

With that said, I would like to welcome you the December Suggestion Thread.

We miss you Central_Plaza! Can you come back to Home please!?! You were way better than the hub will ever be. So my suggestion for December is for you to come back to us. :manhappy:

bobs fed signature
Message 247 of 248 (119 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2412 posts

Re: December: Suggestions Thread *Unofficial

Dec 4, 2012
So I just thought of a way to make that old Trophy Room idea work. Have a Personal Space and/or Clubhouse that holds x number of display cases/other points where you'd get a "Press X to Interact." You click on it, it asks if you want to display a trophy. You say yes, and it takes you to your trophy list where you select the trophy you want to display. Then it generates something simple, like a block in the shape of the trophy with the image on the front, and on the back you can see the color of the block and by extension the trophy value- Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum.

(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 248 of 248 (66 Views)