Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 10 2013
By: LilithMorrigan Lombax Warrior 71 posts

(OPINIONS) How long do you think PS Home has left?

117 replies 1022 views Edited Mar 10, 2013

Personally, I'm going to guess approximately one year.

My prediction:

Some time closer to the launch of PS4, a similar service will be announced for the PS4.

The service will be up and running at launch, but PS Home will continue to operate for several months after the launch of PS4, so they can sell a targeted number of units before pulling the plug on Home, so that all the focus can go towards the new service.

Message 10 of 118 (1,022 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Dear Home Users

Mar 10, 2013

I feel the need to post this thread. I hope this can bring SOME clarity to the users of Home, or at least bring a piece of mind to them.

It is understandable that Home has really been faulty in many areas, for quite some time. We, the users, tend to get really really impatient with all the disconnects, wardrobe crap, certain things not working they way they should, loading errors, etc. Let us keep in mind for a moment that Home is still very much in Beta. I know that's a low blow to say in some ways, because a lot of us think "Oh that shouldn't excuse anything! We are paying customers!" Yes, you pay for a lot of things. I know a few people who've spent thousands on Home. However, they have the patience to know that Home is NOT perfect right now. They take their experience with a grain of salt, knowing that the developers are trying to do their best for the future of Home. Maybe not in the SHORT RUN that we tend to be so intent with, but for the Long Run that we can't see quite yet.

A lot of us have been really worried about Home going over to the PS4. Most of us watched the Press Conference on the 20th with high anticipation of Home. Personally, for me, every announcement they made, I thought of every possible way it could benefit Home. And I was getting really excited. I know they didn't mention Home, but let me paint a picture for you for a moment.

Sony has A LOT on their plate right now. The development of a new console for ANY company requires a few sleepless nights, overtime weeks, and hairloss from the moment they announce the thing, to the moment they release it. Their desks becomes their bed sometimes, too. When it comes to the CORE purpose of any Playstation Console, their main customer base is the people who play the video games. Right now, that's what they need to focus on. However, I am more than certain that the developers of Home are doing everything they can to think of ways of preparing Home for the PS4. I don't have any confirmed information of this, but lets really think about this for a moment... Everything just got moved to Sony's servers with 1.75 update. At the Press Conference, Sony stressed their partnership with Gaikei. Put 2 and 2 together.

I know this is a lot to say, but please be more patient with Home. There are days where I really don't feel like getting on Home because of all the errors, yeah... But that doesn't keep me from getting on Home, spending time with my friends, and having a good time, when Home works. But I know in the back of my mind, that the developers are really... REALLY busy... they have to neglect Home more, now that the PS4 has been announced. Yes, it feels like they have been neglecting Home for a while... but lets try not to think about 1 week from now, or 1 month from now. Where's Home going to be 1 year from now? What if Home really does get moved over to the PS4? Think of how much work the Home developers must go through to tackle that beast. The PS3 does not have the suitable living conditions to support the life that Home has become. The developers never expected Home to be what it is today when they first created Home.

So please, members of Home, let us give GlassWalls a break. And I obviously don't mean JUST GlassWalls, but I'm pretty sure he gets the forefront of A LOT of things.

I love Home and I love the Community. So please, be more patient.

-Erik

Message 1 of 118 (1,148 Views)
Wastelander
504 posts

Re: Dear Home Users

Mar 10, 2013

not too be rude but if your happy that is very good but home is a big mess and i feel Sony has let it go i'm about 100% sure ps4 will not see home manly for the fact sony just dose not care about it anymore

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 2 of 118 (1,131 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Mar 10, 2013
Yes, Home has been a big mess. That's why I posted what I did. But there are so many people who jump down GlassWalls for all the things that are wrong with Home.

If you feel Home isn't porting over, then I'm sorry.

Good things come to those who wait. Yes, we've been waiting a long time for Home to work. But you don't see Home completely deserted, do you? Some people still really care and have high hopes for the PS4.
Message 3 of 118 (1,100 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16552 posts

Mar 10, 2013

deadbyfaith wrote:

Having it ported as it is might not be what Home users want. Would Home users be happy with Old gen Home on next gen PS4 if it could be done?

HomeStationMagazine
Message 4 of 118 (1,090 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Mar 10, 2013

If it will intergrate with the new graphic technology,i wouldn't mind it porting at all......

Message 5 of 118 (1,072 Views)
Survivor
2175 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2013

My patience for Home, died several years ago... Yet, I'm still using Home quite a lot. It's like I'm in an abusive relationship or something. Apologies to anyone I may have offended with that comparison. Just in my opinion, it sort of has some similarities.

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 6 of 118 (1,063 Views)
Wastelander
606 posts

Mar 10, 2013

Having put himself in the position as the lead person for home communications, glasswalls has accepted the responsibilities that come with that, including the fact that most people that are upset will turn to him as there really is no one else to turn to. Most of the "homies" can accept the fact that there will be problems with the client. I gather what people are really upset at is the lack of any real communication about said problems. I often wonder how alot of items pass q&a (which he has publicly taken credit for) when they are clearly "bugged".

As far as the devs, who knows how hard they are working because they dont communicate that to us. If there is a problem or another person to be upset at or another reason for a malfunction or anything, then please let us know. It would save alot of hate towards glass and the devs.

Jersquall wrote:

deadbyfaith wrote:

Having it ported as it is might not be what Home users want. Would Home users be happy with Old gen Home on next gen PS4 if it could be done?

No i dont think i'd like that at all. I think home should evolve as the console evolves Although thats probably what will happen.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 118 (1,052 Views)
Fender Bender
2461 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2013

snippet of OP

deadbyfaith wrote:

So please, members of Home, let us give GlassWalls a break. And I obviously don't mean JUST GlassWalls, but I'm pretty sure he gets the forefront of A LOT of things.

-Erik

I don't blame GlassWalls. He doesn't need a break as he and others at SONY (hopefully) get paid well.

My patience is wearing thin. Someone call Dr. Feelgood and the Interns.

Someone(s) or something(s) broke Home and the Forums, each differently broken. Fewer posts the last few days and I see less spirit. Maybe it's just me.

Yes I still have fun on Home but with troubles on Home and the Forums, sometimes I wish it would all go away. :smileysad: Is it just me? I don't know.  

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Message 8 of 118 (1,005 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Mar 10, 2013

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

snippet of OP

deadbyfaith wrote:

-Erik

I don't blame GlassWalls. He doesn't need a break as he and others at SONY (hopefully) get paid well.

My patience is wearing thin. Someone call Dr. Feelgood and the Interns.

Someone(s) or something(s) broke Home and the Forums, each differently broken. Fewer posts the last few days and I see less spirit. Maybe it's just me.

Yes I still have fun on Home but with troubles on Home and the Forums, sometimes I wish it would all go away. :smileysad: Is it just me? I don't know.  

I totally and 100% agree with you. I have seen and felt the spirit of Home wither away. And as someone who's been really passionate about Home, it's really sad to see. So it really isn't JUST you.

@Jersqual - Obviously Home woudln't be the same old, same old, or at least shouldn't be. A lot of people laugh at this idea, but I personally believe that once Home gets moved to the PS4, it WILL be moved out of Beta. That would explain why the PS3 Home is so neglected right now. Sony likes to be very secretive about a lot of things. However, I really do wish they'd communicate more about what they are doing.

Message 9 of 118 (960 Views)
0 Likes