Welcoming Committee
2603 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Aurora 1.7

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

I vote a very conditional satisfied. D- Nitrate did an excellent job of summarizing my same thoughts. 

My main  issue is:

I Hate the new orb design and colors. They totally destroy the energy mystique of Aurora

. PLEASE change them back.The original design was far better.

Posted Image

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 52 (242 Views)
Last Guardian
10393 posts

Mar 28, 2013

nDreams_Joey wrote:

Hi all, 

Thanks for the feedback, I will of course be keeping an eye on this thread even if I don't respond to every post.

A quick one regarding the Aurora Defence Shooter game in the Apartment. We are aware of the issue that for those over level 100 when you have played a game it always displays "XP to next level - 0". Please rest assured that you are receiving XP for the game you have just played it's just the display to next level that isn't working correctly.

Joey

Are you going to ingore the other thread. (LINK BELOW) there are going to be a lot of questions on the other 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Aurora-1-7-Update-March-27-new-level-cap-rew...

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 52 (237 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
208 posts

Mar 28, 2013

ITCOB1 wrote:

I vote a very conditional satisfied. D- Nitrate did an excellent job of summarizing my same thoughts. 

My main  issue is:

I Hate the new orb design and colors. They totally destroy the energy mystique of Aurora

. PLEASE change them back.The original design was far better. 

Agreed. The old design was much better. The new orbs are way too big and somehow make you feel claustrophobic.

At least make them a bit smaller and transparent. This would help.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 52 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
681 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Not much different except for the orb runner game.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 52 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
406 posts

Mar 28, 2013
Love the Aurora update.VERY COOL!
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 52 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2436 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

Maybe the consumable upgrades would be more palatable if they were time-based instead of one-per-game.  For example, play (or re-start) as many games as you like, consuming only a single upgrade unit over a 24 hour period.  You can only gain XP from your single best game of Orb Runner each day, perhaps the consumable should only count once per day as well.  Just a thought.

Personally, it matters little to me because I won't buy the consumables and don't care about Orb Runner scores.  I'm not even sure that I'll bother with Aurora at this point.  Nonetheless, such a change might be a satisfactory compromise for those who do.

My apathy precludes me from voting in the poll. :smileywink:

Edit: I did just visit Aurora and won the Golden Dragon Ninja outfit from the Trap-o-matic that I haven't checked in weeks.  I guess that's pretty cool. :smileyhappy:

castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 52 (186 Views)
Last Guardian
10393 posts

Mar 28, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Maybe the consumable upgrades would be more palatable if they were time-based instead of one-per-game.  For example, play (or re-start) as many games as you like, consuming only a single upgrade unit over a 24 hour period.  You can only gain XP from your single best game of Orb Runner each day, perhaps the consumable should only count once per day as well.  Just a thought.

giving 1 Consumable upgrade free per week is better off.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 52 (162 Views)
Sackboy
368 posts

Mar 28, 2013

I'm happy with the raised levels since I enjoyed doing my orb runs and had no reason to do so once I reached level 100.

I have no problem with consumables or permanent boosters being made available for those who wish to spend their money on them. Personally I'll just plod along with what I have already bought to increase my XP pre-upgrade and enjoy the journey as well as the rewards that will come with that.

I don't particularly like the new orbs though. Some of the colors are just...ewww. (That mustardy gold one...what's with that??)

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 52 (144 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1003 posts

Mar 28, 2013

I voted neutral.  I'm glad the level cap has been raised and there are opportunities to win new rewards but I definitely don't like the shape of the new orbs.  They are shaped more like hot air balloons.  I prefer the shape of the old orbs as compared to these new ones. 

As far as the consumables, I don't plan on ever buying any.  I have the Aurora Island space with the defender game, the Aurora hoodie and neon goggles.  I got to level 100 using only those and I plan to do the same to reach 120 no matter how long it takes.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 52 (122 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6094 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

Balloon colors are drab, you could have made them as pretty as the balloons in the helicopter game in the old UK plaza (screaming little voice and all.)  I like that you raised the limit and added extra prizes, it shows that you care enough about the customer to do that. I voted satisfied because even with the bad balloons its still one of my favorite places to go to in Home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 52 (118 Views)
0 Likes