Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 15 2012
By: GlassWalls PlayStation Community Manager 2875 posts

[POLL Feedback Thread] BoxBeats: Rock

13 replies 515 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

Here's the official comment thread for the BoxBeats: Rock poll. If you're familiar with the content and voted in the official poll, we welcome your additional feedback.

*First, please go vote in the official Poll in Home General at the top right if you are familiar with the content, then leave your comments here. 

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 14 (515 Views)
Welcoming Committee
2725 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] BoxBeats: Rock

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

I am unable to post a fair opinion. They look great, but I can not hear any sound. I went through the usual Conrad Max self help suggestions. Odd, I had the opposite issue with the Box Beats: Dance I could hear those and guests could not. The problem resolved after several days. So, perhaps it is a server volume/download issue due to content release volume demands.

Posted Image

Message 2 of 14 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Garbage pop tunes, not rock.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 3 of 14 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2462 posts

Nov 15, 2012

I haven't tried mine yet but saw and hear someone else's. They look great and are fairly large. As to the music that's personal taste. There should be no surprise that I would prefer 50s and 60s music. But for what it is, I like it. 

I gave it a Satisfiied.

Someone said their's won't play. If mine doesn't I'll be back here. Otherwise, this post stands.

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Message 4 of 14 (489 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9380 posts

Nov 15, 2012
At this point in Homes evolution, when these items are placed in clubs they should be usable by ALL visitors, not just owner. Unsatisfied because of that.
Support Forums
Message 5 of 14 (463 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Nov 16, 2012

ITCOB1 wrote:

I am unable to post a fair opinion. They look great, but I can not hear any sound. I went through the usual Conrad Max self help suggestions. Odd, I had the opposite issue with the Box Beats: Dance I could hear those and guests could not. The problem resolved after several days. So, perhaps it is a server volume/download issue due to content release volume demands.

Same.

And the slow response from nDreams on the tracks looping update status on BB: Dance makes it even harder to consider BB: Rock. :smileysad:

Perhaps Loot has an answer for us music lovers!

Message 6 of 14 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5051 posts

Nov 20, 2012
I really like the Boxbeats rock item but it's not without it's flaws. I was hoping that every so often maybe the tracks would get changed, is that even possble?

I also think that no matter how nice they look, the cables surrounding it are somewhat annoying. I put one out at my apartment the other day and people kept getting stuck behind it lol.

Get rid of the cables and mix the tracks up once in a while and it would be perfect!
Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0 

Message 7 of 14 (300 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4983 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Satisfied - The BoxBeats: Rock is a nice item from nDreams.. did love the last one they came up with, this one is for when you get in the Rock mood.

With the Loot Portable Radios coming soon, do hope to see a way where music tracks can change in the future (digitally) for the BoxBeats to give it more diversity for those who use it.

btw.. I do ove the big Speakers :smileyhappy:

Message 8 of 14 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1916 posts

Nov 21, 2012

I like it. The songs are good and there are 10 tracks, and it only uses 12 item spots. The cable behind the left speaker particularly causes a placement issue, and the trend of active items being only usable by the owner seems backwards. Developers need to remember that the owner does not need to be present for members to use a clubhouse. And I'm really  getting tired of having to buy a completely different unit to get different music. Isn't it about time that music packs be made available to load into a single unit? It's as if in real life if you had to replace your whole home stereo to hear different songs rather than just change the CD.

Message 9 of 14 (261 Views)
Fender Bender
1688 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Brises_0000 wrote:

I like it. The songs are good and there are 10 tracks, and it only uses 12 item spots. The cable behind the left speaker particularly causes a placement issue, and the trend of active items being only usable by the owner seems backwards. Developers need to remember that the owner does not need to be present for members to use a clubhouse. And I'm really  getting tired of having to buy a completely different unit to get different music. Isn't it about time that music packs be made available to load into a single unit? It's as if in real life if you had to replace your whole home stereo to hear different songs rather than just change the CD.

I quite agree ... a suggestion to the nDreams devs ... please allow DLCs for the BeatBox active items instead of buying a BRAND NEW active item every time a new batch of tunes comes out. So that you only have ONE BeatBox footprint.

Also, please allow the functionality of randomizing tunes from ALL of the BeatBox themed active items that a Home user has purchased. I love the idea of each having their own themes, but there are days were I want to mix and match tunes from all my collections because I'm not in a particular mood.

Message 10 of 14 (220 Views)
0 Likes