Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5291 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Doctor Who

Mar 28, 2013

I've got a Peter Davidson autograph from '86 as well, although the pride of my collection is an Ian Marter from a 1985 convention. He died a year later, far too young at the age of 42.

To clarify this corridor business, those who've seen "The Doctor's Wife" from Season 6 will immediately recognize the corridors, which feature prominently in the climax of the epsiode. The older TARDIS was more of a collection of white rooms connected by somewhat angular corridors, a bit like a never-ending office building (or TVC in the days before cubicles and open floor plans).

Generally Satisfied with this release. The attention to detail is top notch, and the TARDIS delivers some new concepts in Home spaces. There are a few things I can knock here:

1. Matt Smith hair should have been included with the costume. Fortunately, there are some comparable hairstyles, but they'll need to address this if they ever make Pertwee, Tom Baker or Colin Baker outfits.

2. The River Song outfit is hardly iconic. Better choices could have been made here, such as her outfit from Silence in the Library or The Time of Angels. Better yet, Amy Pond's kiss-o-gram police outfit.

3. Silurians would be better without the battle mask. Fans qre more familiar with Madame Vastra than the Silurian warriors at this point.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 48 (381 Views)
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

Mar 28, 2013

It's only NuWho crap circa series 5 and 6. :smileymad:

The TARDIS item is badly made and looks like whoever made it spent a grand total of 5 to 10 minutes on it. It's like a vague mixture of the  Eccleston/Tennant prop and Smith prop with some of it's dimensions similar to some of the original series props and the doors are floating in front of the model. Shame the person who made it couldn't be bothered to look up basic information, which can be found by a simple Google search, about the Police Box props used over the years.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 48 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2719 posts

Mar 28, 2013

I would certainly prefer if the Tardis was sold seperately rather than clubhouse and apartment together, bundles are a nice option but shouldnt be forced on us if there are only parts of the bundle we would like.

Juggernauts recent Spring bundle is a good example of how they should be done, giving us all the option to pick and choose, but a special bundle price to add incentive to those that wanted more of the items. I'm sure Granzella have lost some sales by some of their bundle stucture pricing, and quite possibly Loot have lost some sales for the same reason.

The space is massive, and very easy to get lost. My sense of direction isnt good at the best of times, and I'm still yet to see this 'white room' people are talking about as I keep running around in circles. This isnt a complaint though, as others have mentioned, it appears this is part of what make the Tardis, 'The Tardis'.

I did manage to find the big theater, and was pleased with that. I like Loots EOD and Crackle so as long as there is Crackle I will always have a use for spaces with EODs.

I do like the corridors, but wish we could turn off the flickering lights. I would love to have the option to choose the lighting in the corridors.

The Tardis active item is nice, but the sound when it moves really needs to somehow be included. It really feels like something is missing without it.

I have confidence in Loot, and do enjoy seeing what Loot have to release, so had quite high expectations. I wouldnt say I was 'Extremely Satisfied', but have voted 'Satisfied'.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 48 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2633 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

Aight, first off:

The space is on point to the show: kudos

secondly: I am a fan of the Doctor Who.!

Now for those of you, who don't undetstand...

The phone booth is a space dimension slash time machine slash spaceship.! 

When The Doctor pops in somewhere the outside is a small phone booth, However in many episodes, He explained the quantum physics of it.

in layman's terms: imagine outerspace now, right, however

instead of leaving earth atmosphere to enter outerspace, You just walk into a phone booth and your inside a space ship that's in outerspace. Space is manipulated, which what makes The Doctor Who show cool.! basically a form of quantum physics.!

THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 48 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1441 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

I don't know much about Doctor Who (though I learned some stuff last night), but upon learning the clubhouse has a built in, fully functioning EOD, I bought the full $14.99 bundle. The $9.99 one is pointless I think, might as well pay $5 more to get the other stuff that are worth $16 separately.

Rather annoying marketing gimmick there, I would have preferred to just buy the clubhouse alone. But there are no other NEW club options that aren't just club versions of old apts, and certainly none with EODs, so they got me with this...

With stupid bundle pricing aside, the working EOD makes the clubhouse version a first in home before the upcoming Hollywood Hills clubhouses, which may take a long time to be released (or with my luck, next week) and guests can operate it even when owner isn't present.

The layout is amazing I think, also a first in home. It is indeed very easy to get lost and have difficulty finding the rooms at first. I actually like this.

Keep in mind I only like this as a club house though. Since people can come and go as they please, and theres a few places to showcase new items and decorate. If this was only an apartment, there's absolutely no way I'd purchase it, as it's impossible to decorate WELL and only good for Dr Who fans.

So major kudos to LOOT for making this an amazing club with a working EOD. Again, this is our first NEW clubhouse. The last few were just club versions of apartments that came out long before. Making a simultaneous club release is something other devs like LKWD, Veemee and NDreams refuse to do, despite knowing the demand and requests for clubhouses.

Ok, so clubhouse gushing aside, the other items seem pretty cool. I love the female reptilian outfit, nothing else like that in Home. The male alien and pet are cool as well, but the outfits should have had special animations, and there should have been a LMO.

The human outfits are meh, the Dr Who one is cute but I'll never use it, and the female one is just meh...I don't think I'll wear it much, if at all.

In conclusion, despite the clubhouse being bundle only, full body outfits with no special animations, and no LMOs, I think this was a pretty good release. Surprisingly, it kind of got me interested in Dr Who since I like aliens, so I'm actually looking forward to wave 2...but only if it has some innovative stuff.

Overall vote: Satisfied (mainly for the clubhouse)

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 48 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
406 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

Very cool space but surprised there isn't Dr.Who game of some kind.Would like to be able to buy just the personal space and not the bundle.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 48 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10646 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Mister_Squidgy wrote:

It's only NuWho crap circa series 5 and 6. :smileymad:

The TARDIS item is badly made and looks like whoever made it spent a grand total of 5 to 10 minutes on it. It's like a vague mixture of the  Eccleston/Tennant prop and Smith prop with some of it's dimensions similar to some of the original series props and the doors are floating in front of the model. Shame the person who made it couldn't be bothered to look up basic information, which can be found by a simple Google search, about the Police Box props used over the years.

1. I guess your David Tennant fanboy-ish. but then again. We already get it. you don't like the 5-6 series. okay, just stop posting the same thing
  2. as for the TARDIS Active Item. well. it takes time to perfect the TARDIS. just take a look at the comparison.

Doctor Who

looks the same thing in details (The TARDIS in the right is the PSHome Version. recreated with TARDIS...dunno the version during the current)

and here's what's the tardis in Inside

That's recreation. But creating to much details may cause lots of times...take 'bout at least more than 6 months or so on.

heck i even recreate Cartoon Network (2010-present) logo in LittleBigPlanet 2 - 2 years ago. that took me at least 45min in perfecting. 

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 48 (328 Views)
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Mar 28, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

1. Matt Smith hair should have been included with the costume. Fortunately, there are some comparable hairstyles, but they'll need to address this if they ever make Pertwee, Tom Baker or Colin Baker outfits.

2. The River Song outfit is hardly iconic. Better choices could have been made here, such as her outfit from Silence in the Library or The Time of Angels. Better yet, Amy Pond's kiss-o-gram police outfit.

3. Silurians would be better without the battle mask. Fans qre more familiar with Madame Vastra than the Silurian warriors at this point.

HearIt, I wish they had put in Matt Smith's hair with the 11th costume too. Hopefully they will do it for the other doctor's because some had some really, really curly hair. XD Also, I agree with you about River's cat suit. The only time I have seen her wear it is in the game 'The Eternity Clock'. I was shocked when they showed it off, not that I don't like it, just wish it was one I have seen in the show.

And maybe they will release Madame Vastra as a outfit soon. *fingers cross*

*Bring back a NA-Home freebies site:
http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3908139?tstart=30

^.^*
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 48 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5291 posts

Mar 28, 2013

It's meant to be the Eternity Clock outfit. Great if you like that game, but not so much for the TV fans who haven't played it.

The TARDIS interior is based on the Eleventh Doctor interior that was just retired in the 2012 Christmas Special.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 48 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
376 posts

Mar 28, 2013

I am a Doctor Who fan, at least from the 9th Doctor to the first season of the 11th Doctor, then lost interest.

I like the TARDIS space, the TARDIS decoration & the River Song outfit.  I bought the pack to get the space along with the River Song outfit, Silurean costume, Loot camera & light as well. Nice bundle. 

The TARDIS is a really cool HUGE space. LOOT EOD built in is sweet!  The huge brilliant white seemingly dimensionless room? What.The.Heck!  LOL  Not sure what I will do with it ultimately. Ran around inside it on horseback and dragon rider and set my doomnut to floating there. Just one crazy room.

I'm satisfied for the most part, but the lack of TARDIS sound effects and lack of special animation showing the TARDIS is doing her thing is a little disappointing. And no Dalek or Cybermen costumes/decorations?? Tsk tsk. We KNOW they are available, 'cause they are in the LOOT Theater lobby.  Holdin' out on us til Wave 2 I reckon.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 48 (294 Views)
0 Likes