Aug 26 2012
By: Endless_Pancakes First Son 5 posts

PRIDE clothing

72 replies 700 views Edited Aug 26, 2012

Ok, I don't ever post on forums or anything like that. But a friend of mine recommended I say something aboutt this, so I guess I'll give it one shot. 

I've been on home for about two months now, and it's pretty cool. But I have one small request for clothing items. I'd realy appreciate some LGBT-pride clothing. Nothing too ostentatious, but atleast a rainbow bracelet or other accessories that people like me can wear, and maybe make it easier to spot others who are tolerant of the lifestyle(s). If there already are, then I apologize for wasting valauble forum space. I've looked around all the stores, but it's quite a mess, and there isn't a quick way to search for something. 

Anyway, thanks for reading this. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 73 (700 Views)
Welcoming Committee
8608 posts

Re: PRIDE clothing

Aug 26, 2012
I am not a part of the community you speak of so i cant comment on too many items you may like but i do know there is an outfit called 'the most colorful suit in the world' that is a suit made up of all rainbow colors. If you have X7 access it is one of the $.99 bundles available and for that price you receive both male and female outfits. It used to and may still be available outside of X7 either in costumes or threads but after looking cant really seem to find it. Maybe someone else can point you in the direction if its still there.
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 73 (678 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1339 posts

Aug 26, 2012

Endless_Pancakes wrote:

Ok, I don't ever post on forums or anything like that. But a friend of mine recommended I say something aboutt this, so I guess I'll give it one shot. 

I've been on home for about two months now, and it's pretty cool. But I have one small request for clothing items. I'd realy appreciate some LGBT-pride clothing. Nothing too ostentatious, but atleast a rainbow bracelet or other accessories that people like me can wear, and maybe make it easier to spot others who are tolerant of the lifestyle(s). If there already are, then I apologize for wasting valauble forum space. I've looked around all the stores, but it's quite a mess, and there isn't a quick way to search for something. 

I understand the sentiment of this request, but this wouldn't be a good idea.

In my own view, I don't want to see any group getting special treatment in Home, by getting items specifcally made for their sexual orientiant, race, and what not. It's not needed. I love gay people and am for them having the right to marry, but I don't believe we need to treat people special, because they are different. People are people, we're all the same on the inside, and don't need to be fussed over due to being different.

There's enough special treatment going around for people of various backgrounds, in real life, as is. We really don't need to bring it into Home, too.

I'm honestly sick of people in need of special treatment, because they are different. I don't like lettuce, but I don't need to be fussed over and treated special because of it.

And the Angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!“
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 73 (670 Views)
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2012

Endless_Pancakes wrote:

I'll tell you what, you can have some LGBT-pride clothes once us straight people get straight-pride clothes.

I don't know why your people have to be in-our-face about your orientation.  Knowing someone is gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered doesn't get me through my day.  I don't care.  I DON'T CAAAAAAAARE.  I don't want to know, I didn't ASK to know, and you don't need to tell me.

Here's a list of **** I don't want to know from people:

1.  Their sexual orientation.

2.  If they're a man that wants to be a woman or a woman that wants to be a man.

3.  Their race.

4.  Their religious beliefs or lack thereof.

5.  If they're vegetarians or vegans.

6.  Political point of view (ADDED)

Keep it off of Playstation Home, keep your personal business out of ANY gaming community, it concerns no one but yourself.

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 73 (596 Views)
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

I'll tell you what, you can have some LGBT-pride clothes once us straight people get straight-pride clothes.

I don't know why your people have to be in-our-face about your orientation.  Knowing someone is gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered doesn't get me through my day.  I don't care.  I DON'T CAAAAAAAARE.  I don't want to know, I didn't ASK to know, and you don't need to tell me.

Here's a list of **** I don't want to know from people:

1.  Their sexual orientation.

2.  If they're a man that wants to be a woman or a woman that wants to be a man.

3.  Their race.

4.  Their religious beliefs or lack thereof.

5.  If they're vegetarians or vegans.

Keep it off of Playstation Home, keep your personal business out of ANY gaming community, it concerns no one but yourself.

Crude as it may be, he is right, and this is why we won't see clothes that support religion, race, or lifestyle. It leaves a bias for those that go without, and a constant 'turf war' of who deserves what rights to be wearing what.

Leave the "I Support..." clothes to causes like fights against cancer, saving children, and playing videogames... nobody wins when clothes show favorites to certain groups of people over others.

I am a white, straight, male... I'll never see a shirt doing pride of that because there's people running around in pointed hoods being proud the wrong way. Keep your pride in your actions, not on your clothes folks.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 73 (581 Views)
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Aug 27, 2012

evilfluffybunny wrote:
 I don't like lettuce, but I don't need to be fussed over and treated special because of it.

But...you're a bunny.  You're suppoosed to like lettuce.  I don't know what to believe in anymore.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 73 (570 Views)
Sackboy
494 posts

Aug 27, 2012

I love lettuce :smileyhappy: But that is just me. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 73 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
984 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2012

Endless_Pancakes wrote:

Gee, Pancakes asked nicely !

Maybe the least someone could do is point  towards the "Suggestion Board". I can't find it :smileysad:

If that Board is temporarily missing due to the Forum being reorganized, then let them know that.

Pancakes came to this Board, and made a request in a polite manner.  I am ashamed of the repsonses they received.

No wonder many people will not use the Forum. Hostile environment.

photo the_Lil.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 73 (543 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3146 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Endless_Pancakes wrote:

Nothing too ostentatious, but atleast a rainbow bracelet or other accessories that people like me can wear, and maybe make it easier to spot others who are tolerant of the lifestyle(s).

Hey /  welcome to the forums! The closest thing you're probably going to find to this at the moment is an 'Animated Neon Bracelet' in the Threads store. It glows in the dark and is purple, blue, yellow and green.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 73 (516 Views)
VP of Gaming
25393 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2012

You can post your suggestion in the official monthly suggestion thread July Suggestions. Although it's a little behind right now due to forum changes, it's always best to post in the most current thread.

If you would like to discuss your suggestion(s), or anyone else's, you can start or add to a thread here: PlayStation®Home Suggestions.

Good luck.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 73 (427 Views)