Jan 30 2013
By: TC915 Uncharted Territory 974 posts
Accepted Solution

Picture frame question?

5 replies 160 views Edited Jan 30, 2013

I had a friend msg me this question & since I don't know the answer figured 1 of the forum users may. While trying to add pics to a frame in her personal space she got a msg saying it was too large & it also said something about it being encoded as a progressive jpeg? I've placed varying sizes of pics in my personal spaces but not sure if I've ever tried to add a non jpeg image, anyway I've never had this problem before so I have no idea what the solution may be.  Thanks in advance

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (160 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31476 posts

Re: Picture frame question?

Jan 31, 2013

if the image is too large, its too large. rather self explanitory. you can always use an image editor on you comp to change the size. just to be safe make sure its less than 1500x1500 in pixel ratio.

as for the progressive jpeg issue, ive encountered this before. not sure what it means, but again you can use and image editor and just re-save the image as a jpeg and it should work, its what i did.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (146 Views)
Uncharted Territory
974 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

Thanks SE,.. yea I knew the size was kinda self explanatory I had just never heard of anyone getting that msg before,but I appreciate the 1500x1500 size suggestion,.. I'll pass it along & thank you again!!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (139 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31476 posts

Jan 31, 2013

TC915 wrote:

Thanks SE,.. yea I knew the size was kinda self explanatory I had just never heard of anyone getting that msg before,but I appreciate the 1500x1500 size suggestion,.. I'll pass it along & thank you again!!

im not sure what the exact limit for pictures is but ive always been ok with stuff lower than that. and anything larger really isnt needed since the images are resized for the frame anyway.

wish a staff person would give us the exact limits for images, i asked once a long time ago but never got a response. :\

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (130 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2609 posts

Jan 31, 2013
:^/ Progressive jpeg images are meant for web pages. A vague, low-res version loads first, followed by more detailed versions. Basically, it gives the reader something to look at while the rest of the data loads, so the browser doesn't feel frozen while waiting.

Home's picture frames don't support such encoding, except to recognize it and let you know what's wrong.

;^) Editing your images for size ahead of time also makes them take less time to load when guests visit your space. Experiment with different sizes to find the smallest file size that doesn't noticeably effect image quality.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (109 Views)
Uncharted Territory
974 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Thanks for the tip DangerD

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (108 Views)
0 Likes