Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

Re: PlaySta​tion Home 1.75 Patch Notes

Jan 23, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

this month has some great discounts.

im kicking myself for buying The Unfinished Swan when it came out. paid $15 for it and now its only about $4 with PS+.

The Unfinished Swan is now mine for $3.75 /prepares to be slapped.

Can I join you, Jersquall? Don't forget Psychonauts. Awesome game at a kickazz price.

sword-art-online
Please use plain text.
Message 111 of 189 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
232 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Well, this wasn't exactly as big of news as it was hyped up to be. So pretty much, what it equals to me, is just another regular old Home stability update. Alright. People did say to keep expectations low. xD

And also, yes, Psychonauts is a beast of a game. I got it for PS2 back when it first came out and I still love it. If I didn't already have it, the discounted price in the store is a steal for that game.

Please use plain text.
Message 112 of 189 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Jan 23, 2013

If your plus sub runs out all you will lose access to are the free games, automatic updates and cloud storage.

Everything else like discounted games, free avatars, themes and DLC are yours to keep forever. If you are gamer and you dont have plus you are doing it wrong. I pay $50 a year and it has already paid for itself. I'm just reaping the rewards. It's really a no-brainer. 

If you are a non-gamer than thats too bad really. You will have to poney up for the Plus Home perks - non of which are required to enjoy PSHome. They are just special things, same as anything else that costs money. If you want it bad enough you will pay for it. If not then so what? Is it going to kill you? No. 

ジャーマン ・ウォリア
Please use plain text.
Message 113 of 189 (331 Views)
Sackboy
379 posts

Jan 23, 2013

To be able to change clothes while in a friend's space IS much-awaited good news.

However, while I'd like the ability to choose hair & makeup color, no FRAKKING way am I willing to pay for that privilege from month to month. 

Please use plain text.
Message 114 of 189 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Re: What will happen to our regional accounts with update 1.75?

Jan 23, 2013

Hypnotic_Inertia wrote:

Will our other accounts save to separate servers or the same one?Will we have to choose between one or the other?  I am quite worried about this. Can Joystick Warrior, Tempest Fire, or Glasswalls answer this dilemma?

Thanks, Sera, for making this thread. I'm also really worried about this, too. I'm hoping we can get an official to say something about it to calm our nerves before it's time to install the patch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 115 of 189 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

ALIEN-gunner wrote:

If your plus sub runs out all you will lose access to are the free games, automatic updates and cloud storage.

You mean rented games.

And cloud storage is one of the worst ways to save data.

ALIEN-gunner wrote:

If you are gamer and you dont have plus you are doing it wrong.  

BS!   A computer with a Steam account is the best way to do gaming.

Please use plain text.
Message 116 of 189 (435 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8638 posts

A few unanswered questions about Home patch 1.75

Jan 23, 2013

1. "Once the transfer is complete Home will only read save data from the Home Servers. As such any backup data or saved data you   may have on another PS3 will no longer be accessible."

• What about PSN codes will they still work?  Ex:  The codes that Hevywater use to give out.
  • What about the PSN store will that still work?  (not the one in Home)
  • How about game unlockables?  EX: The Bat cave from the batman game or any of these games.
  • Does this mean that "EVERY" space we goto we are going to have download now?  Right now we have a Cache that can speed things up when we go back to a space that we just recently went to.
  • Are we going to have longer load times for things like our private apartments?

2.  "The number of character save slots for PlayStation Plus members has been doubled from 24 to 48."

• Am I the only one here that see's this going from "character save slots" to more "saves slots in your appartement"
  • I'm still a little upset that we now have Locomotions that let you run faster.  The top speed of our Avatarts has been one of the top  complaints on Home Closed and Open beta's.  So when ever there are complaints is going to fix it by maken us buy a fix to the problem?  This is a beta Sony...

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 117 of 189 (433 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29072 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

Mister_Squidgy wrote:

ALIEN-gunner wrote:

You mean rented games.

And cloud storage is one of the worst ways to save data.

ALIEN-gunner wrote:

If you are gamer and you dont have plus you are doing it wrong.  

BS!   A computer with a Steam account is the best way to do gaming.

I have a friend who is pretty much addicted to Steam. She used to use her PS3 a lot more but spends most of her time not using her PC. I think she is playing a lot of Team Fortress if I'm not mistaken. 

Please use plain text.
Message 118 of 189 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16259 posts

Re: A few unanswered questions about Home patch 1.75

Jan 23, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

1. "Once the transfer is complete Home will only read save data from the Home Servers. As such any backup data or saved data you   may have on another PS3 will no longer be accessible."

• What about PSN codes will they still work?  Ex:  The codes that Hevywater use to give out. ?? those 12 digit alpha/numeric codes?
  • What about the PSN store will that still work?  (not the one in Home) what?
  • How about game unlockables?  EX: The Bat cave from the batman game or any of these games. thats a reward item, no change so it will work
  • Does this mean that "EVERY" space we goto we are going to have download now?  Right now we have a Cache that can speed things up when we go back to a space that we just recently went to. no change, you will have to dl the 60kb apartment layout
  • Are we going to have longer load times for things like our private apartments? it has to load a 60kb file, if you use dila up then yes

2.  "The number of character save slots for PlayStation Plus members has been doubled from 24 to 48."

• Am I the only one here that see's this going from "character save slots" to more "saves slots in your appartement"
  • I'm still a little upset that we now have Locomotions that let you run faster.  The top speed of our Avatarts has been one of the top  complaints on Home Closed and Open beta's.  So when ever there are complaints is going to fix it by maken us buy a fix to the problem?  This is a beta Sony...

Please use plain text.
Message 119 of 189 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Glad to see this thread desolve into debating the symantics of the word "free."

We all know what the person meant when they say "free." We all know it's not really "free." Get over it.

Please use plain text.
Message 120 of 189 (372 Views)
0 Likes