Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Re: PlaySta​tion Home 1.75 Patch Notes

Jan 23, 2013

"PlayStation Plus Improvements

Extra functionality has been added for PlayStation Plus members.

PlayStation Plus members will now be able to select custom colours for their hair and make-up.

The colour menu now has an additional customise option containing a colour picker.

The last 8 custom colours that you have used are also kept in a palette so that you can select the exact same colours again if you need to."

Well this sucks.Great news for PS Plus members but for those of us that could care less about PS Plus or can't afford it,we got shafted.Very nice indeed.They could've made it available to EVERYBODY but,no.*sighs* I'm annoyed......

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 189 (750 Views)
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Nice updates! Due to my lack of knowlege in techology, I was secretly hoping for an increase in funiture slot allowances in personal spaces. Upon learning that save data would be transfered to Home servers, I naively thought the patch notice might surprises us with increased slot allowances. Oh well, maybe next update. =)
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 189 (540 Views)
Welcoming Committee
2524 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Hey, we got something everyone has requested. We can now access wardrobe in other users apts. This is good news. 

Posted Image

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 189 (539 Views)
Splicer
38 posts

today is an off day..

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

I think I need to go have some coffee =p

Definitely Disappointing. At least we can finally change wardrobe at friends' apartments... (never did understand that)

Just some extra colors and slots for PS+ ? Hardly a selling point (especially when it takes forever just trying to load up 12). I like PS+ for all the free real games, and x7 access, but can't always afford it. Maybe after the patch they'll look into the other, better wardrobe suggestions. XD

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 189 (539 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4364 posts

Jan 23, 2013

darkan12-nl wrote:

New Features and Improvements

Save Data Transfer

• With Patch 1.75 your save data will be transferred from your PS3 hard drive onto the Home Servers.
  • This will improve performance and means that your save data will remain available should you ever need to reinstall home or login from a different PS3.
  • The transfer process will take place when you first install the patch. This process will only occur once per account.
  • Once the transfer is complete Home will only read save data from the Home Servers. As such any backup data or saved data you may have on another PS3 will no longer be accessible.
  • The save data being transferred includes your Preferences, Character Saves and Apartment Furniture Layouts.
  • The transfer process will not affect your Purchases and Rewards which are already stored on the Home Servers.
  • You will now be able to access your wardrobe while in another person’s apartment.
  • If the apartment owner leaves their apartment while you are in the wardrobe you will automatically leave the wardrobe and relocate to your Harbour Studio.
  • You will see a message informing you that the host left to indicate why you have been relocated.

I'm a little confused. When it says only once per account, does it mean only one of our Home accounts will be saved to the Home servers or do they mean that all of our Home accounts will be saved to the Home servers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 189 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1252 posts

Jan 23, 2013

PlayStation Plus members will now be able to select custom colours for their hair and make-up.

^^ Glad to know a feature I asked for ages ago in a suggestion thread, won't be one I get to use, unless I cough up $50. $50 may not be much to many, but it is for me. So **bleep** you, Sony and those that think this is about entitlement.

And the Angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!“
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 189 (523 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3622 posts

You will now be able to access your wardrobe while in ano...

Jan 23, 2013

• You will now be able to access your wardrobe while in another person’s apartment. 
  • The number of character save slots for PlayStation Plus members has been doubled from 24 to 48.

Finally!   While they still absolutely need to add a feature to save multiple layouts for our spaces and additional tabs for saving multiple sets of characters, this almost makes up for losing our ability to swap out files for different layouts and different character saves.

My concern with the 48 character slots is that currently, you can't select a character save until all 24 load, which can take a long time, especially if you haven't loaded them all recently.  If the additional 24 slots are on a second tab, then that's great.  

I've been suggesting having multiple sets of character save slots for a long time, such that each tab might have only 12 slots, so you don't have to load so many at a time.  This would also let us organize our save slots.  For instance, you could use the first tab for your most commonly used characters.  The next tab for swim wear, another for fantasy characters, perhaps another for celebrity look-a-likes.  Perhaps another holiday outfits, etc etc.

- Home has become a special needs child, and Sony is the negligent parent. -

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 189 (513 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Two of the most requested improvements (saves and hair color) are tied to Plus subscription, but at least they were added.
Not enough to convince me to sign up with Plus, but it's nice to know the option is there if ibwish to take advantage of it.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 189 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3266 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Wardrobe Improvements

• You will now be able to access your wardrobe while in another person's apartment.
  • If the apartment owner leaves their apartment while you are in the wardrobe you will automatically leave the wardrobe and relocate to your Harbour Studio.
  • You will see a message informing you that the host left to indicate why youy have been relocated.

PlayStation Plus Improvements

• Extra functionality has been added for PlayStation Plus members.
  • PlayStation Plus members will now be able to select custom colours for their hair and make-up.The number of character save slots for PlayStation Plus members has been doubled from 24 to 48.
  • The colour menu now has an additional customise option containing a colour picker.
  • The last 8 custom colours that you have used are also kept in a palette so that you can select the exact same colours again if you need to.
  • 7The D-Pad can be used to switch between the colour picker and the palette.
  • An additional 8 pop up colours will also be available for PlayStation Plus members.
  • PlayStation Plus members can choose to display a PlayStation Plus icon on their character label.
  • Your PlayStation Plus subscription must be active to access these features.
  • The WWW and Save Indicator icons have been updated to better reflect the new save data functionality.

Club Improvements

• Club Members can now choose to display the Club Name or Club Tag of their preferred club on their character label.
  • Each Club Menu has a Customise Player Label option where the display of the Club Name or Club Tag can be switched on or off.

UI Improvements

• The WWW and Save Indicator icons have been updated to better reflect the new save data functionality.

Well somehow that is unfair. I mean those are some good features THAT EVERY HOME USER should be able to use, but making it just for Ps Plus suscribers? I swear this is going to create a massive controversy, whoever thought of this was dumb. Really, new pop-up colors, custom hair and makeup? THAT SHOULD BE FOR EVERYONE!!! Oh well that is just my opinoin, at least we can now change in other people's personal spaces. About time

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 189 (498 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2509 posts

Jan 23, 2013

New Features and Improvements

PlayStation Plus Improvements

• Extra functionality has been added for PlayStation Plus members.
  • The number of character save slots for PlayStation Plus members has been doubled from 24 to 48.

General Improvements

• A number of general stability and performance improvements have been made.
  • Implemented an enhanced reconnection process. 

:^/ So, the move to the server was really about removing the pre-existing work-around for a feature that had been requested for years, before implimenting it as a paid-only feature. That's just sad.

How much does anyone want to bet that multiple furniture layouts will eventually be added... for plus members only?

:^/ As for enhancing the reconnection process, how about we fix the involuntary disconnection process? Then reconnecting wouldn't be necessary in the first place.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 189 (496 Views)