Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 19 2012
By: Bobsfed Fender Bender 2910 posts
Accepted Solution

Playstation Home Community Adults

31 replies 751 views Edited Jul 19, 2012

I'm an older player who's older than 30. And I'm just wondering if there's any other folks my around my age on home. All I see mostly are kids, and all they do is argue or taunt and tease each other. And use all sorts of vulgar language. I want to meet people my own age to socialize with and hang out or what not. You know have mature conversations and stuff. I'd also like to make friends with people so I can see their personal spaces and show off some of mine as well. Please let me know if your interested.

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 32 (751 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29050 posts

Re: Playstation Home Community Adults

Jul 19, 2012

Gray Gamers is a club with older users. You could search clubs for them. I suspect someone will chime in here at some point. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 32 (746 Views)
Fender Bender
2910 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Oh nice! Thanks a lot for the info! I'll check out that club name then.

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 32 (739 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25502 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Many of the so-called kids are actually adults.

We have many users over 25, 40 and even 50 and 70.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 32 (727 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1183 posts

Jul 19, 2012

I'll second the nod for the Grey Gamers; you'll probably enjoy their company quite a bit, as I believe the minimum age to entry is thirty, and they're a large and well-organized group in Home. Contact Burbie52 for more information.

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 32 (721 Views)
Fender Bender
2910 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2012

Cool Beans, Thanks Bro! :manhappy:

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 32 (714 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25502 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Understood.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 32 (709 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jul 19, 2012

There was a time when that statement was true. However there are alot of us that are 30+ on home.  Sadly some dont act there age but there are alot of us older ones who do.  The locations you hang out on home aslo will determine the age group you may encounter as well.  For example the hub and bowling alley tend to have alot of younger teens who hang out.  You may find a more mature crowd in the poker room.  Bear is mind that  no matter where you hang out, you will meet ppl of all ages.  Have fun and hang in there.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 32 (690 Views)
Fender Bender
2910 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Yeah I've been wandering around trying to scope out what the people are like in a lot of the public spaces. But I mostly just see kids. But I agree some adults do act very immature and childish. As some kids can be just as mature as adults. I'm kind of inbetween. I can carry on adult conversations but sometimes the way I talk people mistake me for a kid lol. But I just don't like to argue or be judged on how my avatar looks. I just want to chill out with people and have fun. But thanks I will follow your advice. :manhappy:

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 32 (677 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Bobsfed wrote:

I'm an older player who's older than 30. And I'm just wondering if there's any other folks my around my age on home. All I see mostly are kids, and all they do is argue or taunt and tease each other. And use all sorts of vulgar language. I want to meet people my own age to socialize with and hang out or what not. You know have mature conversations and stuff. I'd also like to make friends with people so I can see their personal spaces and show off some of mine as well. Please let me know if your interested.

Good observations here. Although some Home developers like Lockwood and Loot obviously create content aimed at older Home users (the people that actually have money to buy a PS3) The Home management team seems to be totally focussed on flooding Home with as many teenage trolls as they possibly can. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they have a focus group made up of 13 to 17 year old boys and that they base all of their marketing decisions based on what they learn from them.

It seems ridiculous to me that the Home management team totally ignores the larget group of online gamers, which is older women, and markets exclusively to teenage boys.

I personally feel that they're missing out on the most important market for online gaming in the world. But it is obvious that some of our Home Community Management team feel that flooding Home with teenaged trolls is the best way to boost revenue in Home.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 32 (659 Views)