Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4099 posts
 

Re: Please, no more clothes like the Gogo ones

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

PinkJulia wrote:
Im European, and nudity here is not a problem (in certain ways). That was not the point of my post, anyway. I have no issues with nudity in the right contests, and i also consider violence completely worse.

I believe you and I respect your opinion, but then why focus on bikinis?  You say there should be a line for that, well where do you draw that line for violent content in Home if it is completely worse than bikinis that show a lot of skin?  We have LMOs with fighting animations people are using to 'attack' other people in public spaces.  Is that OK?  Should we ban those?  Should we ban all the avatar costumes with special attack animations?  Should we ban all the weapon items in Home?  Where do we draw the line?

 

 


PinkJulia wrote:
As fas as the "let people have their fun", i wrote that im not dictating virtual dressing codes, but that there should be a line.

I'm confused by that statement.  Drawing a line is in fact dictating virtual dress codes, you can't have one without the other.  Maybe I'm simply misunderstanding what you mean by "there should be a line".

That said, I actually agree with a lot of what your saying in terms of how it can sometimes 'feel' in a bit trashy in Home, but that is the nature of giving people choices.  Unless you really do want to dictate what people can and can't wear, you will always have this.  

 

Also, if you really feel violent content is completely worse, then maybe that should be your main focus instead of bikinis.  When I walk around public spaces I see a lot more violent themed avatars and content in Home than sexually themed avatars and content in Home.  The fact that you never mentioned violent content, clothing, aggressive or attacking poses and LMOs, gave the impression that only seeing some of the bikinis and sexually provocative poses bothered you.  Perhaps that's where some of the misunderstanding comes from.

 

While I agree that it would be nice if everyone in public spaces shared my own personal feelings about appropriate dress codes for each space and occasion, of course that simply isn't going to happen, and in fact I appreciate the limited freedom we have in Home (although frankly we could use more freedom not less).

 

What i can suggest, and works great for me, is spend more time with friends and people I know and respect in Home, and less time in public spaces with total strangers.  Obviously even I make compromises, and have often had a great time in public spaces meeting new people, but if I were to get offended by what someone is wearing or how they are behaving I would just look away or move on.

 

Drawing lines and dictating what people can or can't do in a virtual world is never going to be easy, and often met with a great deal of resentment... But if anything should be addressed in Home first, I would hope most would agree that violent content should take a precedent over skimpy bikinis.

 

 

Regardless of all that - please know that I was not attacking you or your opinion.  I definitely respect your opinion, I just think your message may not have been as clear as you intended it to be, especially seeing as your focus was on bathing suits and suggestive poses, and none of the violent content and behavior in Home that you even say is completey worse than even nudity in public.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 111 (1,036 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 12/17/2011
Offline
44 posts
 

Re: Please, no more clothes like the Gogo ones

Mar 27, 2013
If you don't like it, don't come to home.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 111 (1,003 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 10/10/2012
Offline
531 posts
 

Re: Please, no more clothes like the Gogo ones

Mar 27, 2013

PinkJulia wrote:
I dont want to dictate how avatars should be dressed, but i think that there should be a limit that follows common sense.

I am at the point where i feel embarassed to play Home when my bf, friends or parents are around, because of people running around with items like the GoGo clothes, often using certain poses that make the whole thing seem almost pornographic.

I would love Home to go back to the PlayStation games based content, but since this seem almost impossible at this point, could it be possible to at least maintain a good level of decency? For the whole thing to not look extremely cheap and trashy...

Im not judging people, just the behaviours that these items bring. I see death threats, constant cursing, basically naked avatars and a general atmosphere that makes Home just plain weird. And im not talking about the fun kind of weird, i actually love funny costumes

This is what I've been saying for awhile now. The female clothes on Home keep getting more revealing. I don't hardly ever see any revealing clothes for guys on there. Female's are getting way too over sexualized on there. And what's worse is some people post pics of themselves doing certain poses that look almost pornographic right here on the forums. And then even though they go against the rules on here, but because they're items you find in Home and its like the person is advertising them, it's all of the sudden considered acceptable. Especially when its a mvp who's advertising these types of clothing, the mods won't touch them no matter how badly they behave. And if you try to press the issue, then it's you who gets suspended and not them.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 111 (985 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4099 posts
 

Re: Please, no more clothes like the Gogo ones

Mar 27, 2013

Icinq wrote:

And if you try to press the issue, then it's you who gets suspended and not them.

It's not because someone is an MVP, it's because it is just a personal issue, not any kind of violation of the TOS - and you trying to make it an issue or more than what it really is is an actual issue and can get you suspended.

 

I just find it sad to see people so worked up over sexuality in a virtual world no less, but appear to have no issue with violence.  Go figure.

 

They are just pixels people.  If it upsets you, don't look.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 111 (664 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/24/2009
Offline
4834 posts
 

Re: Please, no more clothes like the Gogo ones

Mar 27, 2013

10 foot polak.gif

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 111 (350 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/27/2010
Offline
252 posts
 

Re: Please, no more clothes like the Gogo ones

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013
@D-Nitrate

Well, italian is my first language so maybe i make compromises when i explain something in english, i edit a lot and some sentences may be convulted

The problem that you missed is >>the context<<

When we play Home we are playing a social application on a PlayStation console, for gamers.
A certain degree of violence is to be expected, and an axe on your back can look comically, fighting animation are at home here, they are perfectly in context, and i dont see blood going everywhere (guns hand item are something different tough).

Dont make this a violence versus nudity kind of thread, because im the first person that, in other contexts, finds violence to be a problem, and nudity a perfectly fine thing.
A bikini bottom that is lowered like the GoGo one makes no sense, context wise in Home, like the poses where you bend in a certain way.
What do you expect if you use an avatar that is dressed like that? To someone to come near you and talk about Little Big Planet or Call of Duty? Or for other kind of comments?

Now if you multiply the avatars wearing this kind of clothes, remove avatars that use game related costumes (since they are super rare now, and new ones never come out), remove spaces dedicated to preview new playstation games... Then you have "something" that is way different from the original idea of Home...

As i wrote, contest matters a lot. When a Playstation gamer starts home they see a friendly picture of normally dressed avatars sitting in a welcoming room togheter with nathan drake, ratchet and clank, sackboy and other PlayStation related icons. Then they enter the application and they see thugs cursing everyone out, female avatars bending, no signs of gaming related things... where is the social place dedicated to gamers?
They will try it one time, and then leave. So yes, Sony is gaining the money from a few people, but at the same time losing a lot of possible customers weirded out by the atmosphere of the Hub (i actually like many other spaces currently in Home).

So yes, the only thing im saying is to remove stuff like the GoGo bikini bottom... I wont ask for more games costumes, lmo and companions because it seems they are not interested in that anymore.

Im excited for Doctor Who content and Pottermore anyway, these seem high quality and what this application need
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 111 (325 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/17/2013
Offline
51 posts
 

Re: Please, no more clothes like the Gogo ones

Mar 27, 2013

You make some interesting points, PinkJulia.

First of all, I want you to know that your English is perfectly fine, and I don't have any trouble understanding you. No one else should either.

The axe or machete in the head is obviously supposed to look comical, and not violent. I have no idea what someone used that as an example of something "violent". I'm assuming they're just trolling and aren't that clueless.

That being said, I think the issues with people saying negative things, like you mentioned, are 1000 times worse than the issues with "risque" type clothing.

Sadly, there is little to no moderation on PS Home anymore. I personally contacted PS Home moderation about a user that has repeatedly harrassed me, and I was told they need "many reports on an individual to build a case". I'm sorry, but I find this unacceptable, if a person needs to be reported dozens of times for anything to be done. I've been around Home a long time, and it didn't use to be like this.

I would hope that with a Harry Potter themed space they would start enforcing rules a bit more, but I'm know that ain't gonna happen. :/

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 111 (310 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/07/2009
Offline
448 posts
 

Re: Please, no more clothes like the Gogo ones

Mar 27, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

What I don't get is these people that dress like stripers and do their slow walk around Home, then they have the nerve to get mad when teenage boys crowd around them wanting to talk - durrrr... I mean what's their purpose for dressing like that other then to garner attention or possibly self worship.


I have to disagree in this one, those girls have the right no dress up as they wish, you can't say "I harass that girl because she is dressed like a **bleep**, she must want me to talk to her" as a rapist could say "The girl I raped made me do it because her clothes provoked me" Sorry lady but you don't know their reasons to dress up like that.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 111 (296 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
199 posts
 

Re: Please, no more clothes like the Gogo ones

Mar 27, 2013
What's wrong with the violence. It's just pixels not real blood or weapons ಠ_ಠ
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 111 (282 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/07/2009
Offline
448 posts
 

Re: Please, no more clothes like the Gogo ones

Mar 27, 2013

ichibanluckycat wrote:
What's wrong with the violence. It's just pixels not real blood or weapons ಠ_ಠ

What's wrong with the bikinis. It's just pixels not real sex or nudity ಠ_ಠ

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 111 (276 Views)