Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 30 2013
By: TabuIaRaza Splicer 18 posts

Pottermore Universe Understands Home

[ Edited ]
11 replies 326 views Edited May 30, 2013

The powers behind the Pottermore Universe on Home completely understand the "hows" and "whys" of people using Home:

1)      Segregating the community so that people can't hang with their friends unless they are in the same fam (whoops, I meant House, sorry!)

2)      Limiting communication options so that people have to be in the same space and within range to public chat with someone else (except in the Hogsmeade House, where you can't communicate at all)

3)      Stifling individuality and creative expression:

a) Severely crippling people's ability to use their imagination in wearing unique and creative outfits while anywhere in the Pottermore universe (without using exploits)

b) Severely crippling people's ability to showcase their decorating skills by forcing everyone to use the same furniture items in their OWN apartment

c) Not allowing people to use their cameras to make creative films showcasing the Hogsmeade House

Nothing captures the spirit of Home more than segregation, limited communication and stifled creativity.
Well done, Pottermore! Well done!

(The above was sarcasm, just in case anyone missed it)

Message 1 of 12 (326 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4867 posts

Re: Pottermore Universe Understands Home

May 30, 2013

Well that puts things into perspective :smileytongue:

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0 

Message 2 of 12 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Caption Creator
6107 posts

May 31, 2013
AVADA CADABRA!
Message 3 of 12 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3245 posts

May 31, 2013
Did Apple have a hand in making Pottermore?

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

Message 4 of 12 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

May 31, 2013
I was relatively okay with the clothing restrictions and whatnot in the beginning, except for the hair restriction. The Pottermore clothes were mostly likable so I got a few and went with it.

The chat restriction really is a pain from the getgo though and I've loathed the thing.

Then they hit us all with a PERSONAL SPACE, that we PAID for, that we'd like to invite our friends to so we could hang out and chat where not everyone and their mother could walk up and listen in on it... Yet ALL Chat features are DISABLED?!?! And we can only use Pottermore furniture, which we have to buy SEPARATELY, that is four basic sets and costs MORE than the space itself for just one single set. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did anyone else get the impression from the release video, that the space oh you know, might have come WITH the furniture when buying it? Total. Epic. Fail.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 12 (199 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5032 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

yes I am mad you cant chat In the Hogsmeade apt I just bought. I agree with what you said..perhaps its the company behind the apt.But why cant ya chat in your apt..I am very lost..

sony playstation gif photo: Playstation. tumblr_m1ilz5Zv2H1qk2rgdo1_500_large.gif
Message 6 of 12 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2035 posts

May 31, 2013
Invite your friends to the Hogsmead apartment. Start a TEXT CHAT via the XMB, invite your friends to it and there ya go.

Annoying? YES. But it works.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 7 of 12 (188 Views)
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

May 31, 2013
:-/ Sad thing is that's the equivalent of just sending an XMB to a friend who's playing a different game with the irony being you're both in the same game in the same room staring at each other.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 12 (183 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29198 posts

May 31, 2013

SashaStark wrote:
:-/ Sad thing is that's the equivalent of just sending an XMB to a friend who's playing a different game with the irony being you're both in the same game in the same room staring at each other.

Somewhat surprised there's been no comment on the chat issue by Joystick yet. This couldn't have been what the space was supposed to do.

Message 9 of 12 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5032 posts

May 31, 2013

Me at Hogsmeade apt..

sony playstation gif photo: Playstation. tumblr_m1ilz5Zv2H1qk2rgdo1_500_large.gif
Message 10 of 12 (169 Views)
0 Likes