Fender Bender
4202 posts

Re: Religion Recruitment on Home

Mar 5, 2013
Just dont forget to have the club members drink the kool-aid all at once.....
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 78 (299 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Mar 5, 2013

As long as the Westboro Baptist Cult Church isn't recruiting on Home I think we're safe.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 78 (296 Views)
PlayStation MVP
979 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

Enistachia wrote:

Is this allowed?

hi op please check out link to stuff you can be banned for on psn and home. I beleve it be fine as long as you dont spead hate to other on home or hate other based on reglion or other things. here the link https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1260/kw/banned/related/1 . I hope this helps tc and have fun.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 78 (279 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2625 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Enistachia enunciated:

Pokemon_Mew_24 wrote:
En, if it doesn't have cussing or bad names, you are fine. There are many Religion Clubs on PlayStation Home that are very nice and don't abuse it. :smileyhappy:

That is my concern ... most Religions spread some kind of hate across their followers.  Even telling someone to hate the sin and love the sinner is still a hateful action and very offensive.  I really believe that Home should be a place I can go and not be asked to follow some fake being.

:^/ So, you want a rule against asking? The United States' Constitution's first ammendment forbids outlawing religions. Sony wouldn't be allowed to operate Home in the United States with such a rule as you want.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 78 (257 Views)
Fender Bender
2436 posts

Mar 5, 2013
I thought that following fake beings around was already the most popular activity in Home. Nothing to do with religion, of course.
castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 78 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Mar 5, 2013
if we're lucky all the fams'll join a suicide cult in Home
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 78 (239 Views)
Survivor
1690 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013
Hate groups are only mentioned as forbidden on Home.

Religious recruitment should be fine. However, it is a touchy subject, and people may feel uncomfortable disclosing their religious affiliation.

As for any Constitutional restraints, those limit the powers of government. Not private institutions (i.e. Hate Groups are protected under the First Amendment, but not allowed on Home). Though, laws exist all private institutions must follow.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 78 (219 Views)
Sackboy
373 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Who you associate with on Home is your free choice. You are at liberty to stop your participation in a conversation at any time.  No one is forcing anyone to have to chat with a particular person or to join a particular club or "fam". You don't like what the people you are hanging out with are talking about? Why not just excuse yourself from the conversation and go do something you want to do, or hit Ignore, or delete and block?

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 78 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2904 posts

Mar 5, 2013

I think there's nothing wrong with having religion in Home, as it is a general interest between people. And religion does play a major role in ones life. I'm pretty sure though that offending or mocking one's religion is against the rules though.

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 78 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Mar 5, 2013

I always wondered what could possibly be worse than a fam

FF14 > PSH x1000

i96 WAR
Please use plain text.