Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
7538 posts

Re: Religion Recruitment on Home

Mar 7, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

I've been praying to a golden calf in my living room for resolution of the item storage problems in 1.75. Hasn't worked yet.

You should probably massage the calf instead. That usually seems to help.

calf.jpg

Message 71 of 78 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Snowstone wrote:

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

Our country was actually founded by extremely superstitious farmers and religious zealots. We have Rhode Island and Utah because of this.

Most people get hung up on this and point to this amendment as the justification for separation of church and state. That's not in there. There's also nothing in there that applies to private organizations. That comes later, in the 14th Amendment:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Something important to note that I stumbled across the deifintion of a person or persons are as follows:

natural person
n. a real human being, as distinguished from a corporation, which...
person
n. 1) a human being. 2) a corporation treated as having the right...

http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?typed=person&type=1

Yet the legal definition of a human being is....

From Ballentine's Law Dictionary, 1948 Edition. 'Human Being' is defined as follows: 'See monster' . From the same dictionary, 'monster' is defined: 'A human-being by birth, but in some part resembling a lower animal.'
      This is an unusual definition, but like all Law Dictionaries on this subject, a non-definition. It only states that a 'human being' is a higher animal. It is not found anywhere in Scripture that a Christian Man or Woman is an animal or part of the animal kingdom. This being the case, then what exactly is a 'human being.'
      From the Oxford New English Dictionary of 1901, 'human' is defined as, '3. Belonging or relative to man as distinguished from God or superhuman beings; pertaining to the sphere or faculties of man (with implication of limitation or inferiority); mundane; secular. (Often opposed to divine.)'

http://www.hisholychurch.net/sermon/human.htm

So legally...human beings are monsters and also can be considered corporations.

Now how crazy is that ?

So technically we as people are also Monsters Inc.

Ballentines is not actual law, its a lawyers dictionary with definitions.

Any living or non living thing can be a monster as long as it is outside of mans extreme normal perspective, physically and mentally.

Human apprehension of life, related to current human circumstances are labels, projected by man only to understand what's not  recognized.

Rawwwr...

Yes I know its a legal definition dictionary and not law, which is why I pointed this out...technically by legal defintion we are both corporations and monsters.

It just goes to show how retarded legal definitions are and that any argument provided is at the discretion of the interpretation of those presiding over it.

MonstersIncWallpaper800.jpg

Message 72 of 78 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Mar 7, 2013
so you wouldnt call jeff dammer a monster huh i know i would
Message 73 of 78 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2013

kodidobbs wrote:

Atheism would be the lack of religion, therefore not a religion in itsself. :smileytongue:

No matter how you preach it, I have no faith in what you say.     :smileytongue:

Message 74 of 78 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Mar 7, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Snowstone wrote:

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

Our country was actually founded by extremely superstitious farmers and religious zealots. We have Rhode Island and Utah because of this.

Most people get hung up on this and point to this amendment as the justification for separation of church and state. That's not in there. There's also nothing in there that applies to private organizations. That comes later, in the 14th Amendment:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Something important to note that I stumbled across the deifintion of a person or persons are as follows:

natural person
n. a real human being, as distinguished from a corporation, which...
person
n. 1) a human being. 2) a corporation treated as having the right...

http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?typed=person&type=1

Yet the legal definition of a human being is....

From Ballentine's Law Dictionary, 1948 Edition. 'Human Being' is defined as follows: 'See monster' . From the same dictionary, 'monster' is defined: 'A human-being by birth, but in some part resembling a lower animal.'
      This is an unusual definition, but like all Law Dictionaries on this subject, a non-definition. It only states that a 'human being' is a higher animal. It is not found anywhere in Scripture that a Christian Man or Woman is an animal or part of the animal kingdom. This being the case, then what exactly is a 'human being.'
      From the Oxford New English Dictionary of 1901, 'human' is defined as, '3. Belonging or relative to man as distinguished from God or superhuman beings; pertaining to the sphere or faculties of man (with implication of limitation or inferiority); mundane; secular. (Often opposed to divine.)'

http://www.hisholychurch.net/sermon/human.htm

So legally...human beings are monsters and also can be considered corporations.

Now how crazy is that ?

So technically we as people are also Monsters Inc.

Ballentines is not actual law, its a lawyers dictionary with definitions.

Any living or non living thing can be a monster as long as it is outside of mans extreme normal perspective, physically and mentally.

Human apprehension of life, related to current human circumstances are labels, projected by man only to understand what's not  recognized.

Rawwwr...

Yes I know its a legal definition dictionary and not law, which is why I pointed this out...technically by legal defintion we are both corporations and monsters.

It just goes to show how retarded legal definitions are and that any argument provided is at the discretion of the interpretation of those presiding over it.

The B.S. Abuse in the legal system is only as good as the smell.

Hence, the true scent is concealed with a fragrance, from a manifold of fringed sources.

Decoding adaptations will sway facts, unfortunately.

Same with religion.

Message 75 of 78 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Mar 7, 2013
Some people think SONY is god. Sad.

Something's posted people can get offended.
Message 76 of 78 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
580 posts

Mar 8, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

Atheism is specifically about god(s), not religions.  You can be atheist and practice religion.  Buddhists are an example. =)

The lack of belief in any metaphysical.. whatever, is Agnosticism.

From talking to my agnostic friend, it's more complicated than that. Agnosticism can include the belief that there may be Gods out there, it's just impossible to prove or disprove it at this time. Atheism is possibly closer to lack of belief in the metaphysical than Agnosticism is from what I understand, since Agnosticism does not rule out deities entirely like Atheism does. Not that I do understand these lines of man's thoughts, being a religious man myself.

Message 77 of 78 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2500 posts

Mar 8, 2013
Agnostics just concede that the existence of God cannot be proven. They don't know if there is a God and neither does anyone else. As such, they choose not to worry about it.
castle3
Message 78 of 78 (74 Views)
0 Likes