Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Re: Stuck on 247 wins

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

Race one dolphy at a time.  If  you enter all three dolphy at the same time they will be chosen at random.  The wrong dolphy can be chosen for the wrong course.

Message 11 of 18 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, I think that part of what I'm doing wrong. I do enter all 3 but should know better....but I've been doing it all along. Its random and they aare random.

I will try that tonight. Thanks.
Message 12 of 18 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1061 posts

Mar 28, 2013

rramsdell wrote:

And I've been trying to reach 250 wins racing my dolphys. I've been stuck on 247 for the last month. Some races have been such a tease that my lead gets blown and I come in 2nd. Comes down to the last ring. My stats are fine

10 10 10

11 9 10

9 10 11

I've been racing at different times and lately it seems impossible for me to clear when racing directly after my reset. I can get my first two in but the 3rd takes forever. I've been coming in last place mostly. Are wins that hard to come by now because my record is good and I can't reach 250!

All that time and effort and the win ratio sucks at Hudson. It seems like I only win towards the end of month but it should be more often than not.

They bump the rings way too much. I've been racing since this place has been out and yet, they still hit rings with decent stats. Fall back all the way to 7th or 8th place.

Just wondering if anybody has any tips? I ran out of random ideas. N0, I'm not starting over. I only have 1 set and 1 set is enough for me. I think, all my random ideas are all used up!

Thank you.

ok, Rick. Here's my record, and you can judge my advice by it. I've been racing for 17 months, and I have 351 wins.

The great majority of these wins have been in races with no default dolphies running. In the old days, racing against all defaults, or in more recent times racing in Private Servers against all / mostly defaults, dilutes anyone's win/loss record.

Although I have tried 10 9 11, 9 10 11, and 10 11 9, all my dolphies are, and have been for a long time, 10 10 1 0 ( speed stamina agility )

Challenge is a Speed Strategy Race.( 12 rings )

Star is a Stamina Strategy Race. ( 14 rings )

I, and friends, have found the Agility Strategy to be very inconsistent in results. Agility is pot luck. You will see dolphies with high Agilty Stats (14-19) hit ring after ring, or at times sail thru most of them.  I have seen dolphies with 14 15 1 win both Star and Challenge once in awhile. Weird stat dolphies win, but they do not do it often at all.

The name of the game is to maximize your chances of winning.

Your dolphies :

10 10 10 : use Speed Strategy for Challenge and Stamina for Star

11 9 10 : a Challenge racer . use Stamina Strategy, as you have enough Speed

9 10 11 : a Star Racer : use Speed  Strategy

now, the REAL important part. When your dolphies seem to get "stale", ie; the wins are far and few between, then Re-Ring game them. For the best race results, do this right after the reset, and then race them the next day before the next reset.

Ring scores up to 70 get your dolphies "happy". Scores 80 and higher get them "really happy".  I swear the "really happy" gives them an edge, but ring scores results are equal parts of conjecture and observations.

The dolphies I have seen race, where the owners brag about their 96 to 100 ring game scores, have done consistently worse than dolphies scoring 75 -85. I once saw a 47 ring score dolphie beat a 100 ring score dolphie. After 450 plus races per dolphie, and re-ringing them every so often (7 to 20 days), I believe the sweet spot to be 84 - 88. My high score is 94. If I ever did get a 100 score, I would redo that dolphie immediately down to the 80's.

The timed practice course, IMO, is of little worth. To make yourself feel good, run it until you get a little over/under 32 seconds, and then never run it again.

If your dolphie has no musical notes, it is "mad". Ring game it daily, until it is has notes, and is happy again. Mad dolphies can win, but that is so rare, as to be negligible. There are 5 stages of Happy/Mad. When you choose a Strategy, it will say :

Really Happy = musical notes

Happy = musical notes

Ok with = no musical notes

Chooses it own = no muscial notes

Ignores = no musical notes and Smoking mad

Dolphie racing really can be " feast or famine ".  I keep a MS DB on each dolphie. I can see that they have done better since I started re-ring gaming them, when I feel they have gotten "stale".

Once, no matter what I did, I continued to  lose. The only recourse then, is just to continue to race, and ring game once a week. My best racer,  (121 wins / 505 races ), had a streak of 22 losses, and a streak of four 8th places out six races. She has also won 3 in a row (several times / no defaults), 4 in a row (one race all defaults), and 4 wins out of 5. Normally, she loses a few, and wins one.

Re-ring game 'em, Rick. Choose the right strategy for the race and your dolphin.

You will win again soon (prob racing against me )

:smileyhappy:

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 13 of 18 (111 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Mar 28, 2013
@ Lil ty. Just recently I lost to the same guy 5X. I'm not a happy camper. Will Hudson make up for it. This dude has all 10 10 10 stats. I only have 1 like that as you know.

The other day, one of my friends won back to back. I came in 2nd again. I'm like really. Trying to get 250 wins nearly seems impossible.

I'm out of ideas and out of luck I guess. I'm not starting over.

Thanks for your advice Lil. See you there.
Message 14 of 18 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Mar 28, 2013
I wish the result test game is working correctly. I used it all the time up until now but it won't show the results anymore.

I've reported but got shafted.
Message 15 of 18 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Mar 29, 2013

I have to thank Lil_The_Pill for giving excellent advice when it comes to racing.  Listen to her! 

I finally won last and not only that, won back to back.  I'm almost at another mile stone, I was stuck on 247 wins, well over a month.    

Thanks again for the support and advice Lil.

See you at the races!!

Million Kudos!!  

Message 16 of 18 (73 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Mar 29, 2013

If I see LIL racing I usually vote for her.  :smileyhappy: 

Message 17 of 18 (54 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Hazgazemos wrote:

If I see LIL racing I usually vote for her.  :smileyhappy: 

I always vote for her, if I'm not racing as well.  She knows me well.  :smileyhappy:

Message 18 of 18 (44 Views)
0 Likes