Treasure Hunter
4369 posts

Re: TO ALL PROUD AMERICANS ON PS HOME STAND UP AND BE HEARD!!!!

Jun 17, 2011

Oh God.  Get over yourselves.  Seriously.

You Americans are so pompous sometimes.  Do you know how many times you have carried out the Canadian flag upside down during sporting events?  No you probably don't, because you have your heads so far up your own orifices.

The worst time you did it was at a Hockey game, just after you friendly fire bombed a Canadian detachment in Afgahnistan killing our soldiers, thus making the insult even worse.  You didn't hear us wanting to go to war with you.

Now you are calling a game developer unpatriotic just because a texture map is upside down?  Geez, it doesn't take much for you people to devolve into Neo-McCarthyism does it.

Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 59 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Jun 17, 2011

infiniti210 wrote:

I dont know what kinda sick joke this is but its total BS and i think this needs to be fixed A.S.A.P!! its wrong and very disrepectful

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1817/playstationhomepicture9n.
jpg>

http://img835.imageshack.us/i/playstationhomepicture9n.jpg/

If you are going to get all bent out of shape over this, you would probably kill yourself if i told you how i enjoy burning flags. Guess how i extinguish the flames.

All joking aside, I am saddened to see that there are still alot of brain washed people out there who will blindly follow a bad example.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 59 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

Jun 17, 2011

I could swear I read last fall they finally fixed the reversed graphic...

0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Jun 17, 2011

JAZON1- wrote:

even if it was done on purpose the flag itself was a symbol of freedom and one of those freedoms is the freedom of speech if someone thinks there making a statement by having the flag inverted then that should be there freedom as well,and just like any other statement people make if you dont want to see or hear it dont listen to it or see it.just dont go to the space this is in and problem solved.you've given it alot more publicity then it deserved already.it went from something that 1 in 10 people would even notice to now everyone knowing about so from this post you actually spread there "statement"and actually helped them to spread there statement if in fact it was done on purpose witch i highly doubt

This is probably the most ignorant post in this entire thread!

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 59 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Jun 17, 2011

The-Sarge wrote:

Oh God.  Get over yourselves.  Seriously.

You Americans are so pompous sometimes.  Do you know how many times you have carried out the Canadian flag upside down during sporting events?  No you probably don't, because you have your heads so far up your own orifices.

I have no idea how many times this has happend.  Honestly, I don't.  And it's a shame that it has happened.  However, the fact that you just mentioned it, tells me that you have noticed, and were bothered by it.  Just like the OP was about our American Flag being upside in Home.  So, before you bash us Americans for having respect for our flag, you may want to take a step back, and realize that you have had those same feelings about YOUR flag!

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 59 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2436 posts

Jun 17, 2011

You folks wouldn't have this problem if you'd designed a more symmetrical flag.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg/500px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 59 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
418 posts

Jun 17, 2011

Hey everyone,

This is actually an old thread from last year, and the issue it brings up has already been addressed.

We'll be locking this thread now. -M.S.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 59 (21 Views)
Sackboy
505 posts

Jun 17, 2011

I think a Burning Quran would be a nice addition to my avatars Hand Item Inventory...

Might as well add a Pride Flag and a all white outfit to the mix to represent our other blunders...

Huh?

There is allready a all white outfit?

Oooooh yeah...

Signature for ChrisMSandvig
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 59 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 17, 2011

I know this is an old post... but I think the answer to the upside down flag mystery may be that it is paying homage to a rock and roll record label...

"American Recordings", a rock record label formed in 1988 and owned by Rick Rubin uses an upside down American flag logo.  Guess what.... this label's parent company is, wait for it.... Sony Music Entertainment!

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 59 (21 Views)
0 Likes