Do you mean 
Welcoming Committee
4010 posts

Re: The Walking Dead Home

Apr 25, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

How many TWD fans here?

One of the few things worse than derivative television shows are fans of derivative television shows.

Upon first watching The Walking Dead, I presumed its failings were due to the source material (another stupid comic book). But after suffering through a few episodes in seasons two and three at the behest of friends, it's clear the writers are a gang of witless hacks slinging slop to the masses. it's gimmicky melodrama that barely qualifiies as postapocalyptic fiction. Remove the zombies, and the show would wobble into a ditch barn to fester.

Thankfully the only chance this twaddle has of being on Home is from geeks so obsessed with it that they make fan videos. For once Youtube censorship pays off.

Aww, haven't you ever watched campy, cheesy, over-the-top entertainment, just because it's FUN? While I respect your desire to see people put pride into their work, producing a product of impeccable taste and delicate interwoven nuances, what about just goofing off once in a while? Sure the ballet, an opera, or a symphony performance can stir your emotions and enrich your life, but how about seeing  a monster truck smash some cars?! Say it with me, FUN!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 68 (218 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Apr 25, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

How many TWD fans here?

One of the few things worse than derivative television shows are fans of derivative television shows.

Upon first watching The Walking Dead, I presumed its failings were due to the source material (another stupid comic book). But after suffering through a few episodes in seasons two and three at the behest of friends, it's clear the writers are a gang of witless hacks slinging slop to the masses. it's gimmicky melodrama that barely qualifiies as postapocalyptic fiction. Remove the zombies, and the show would wobble into a ditch barn to fester.

Thankfully the only chance this twaddle has of being on Home is from geeks so obsessed with it that they make fan videos. For once Youtube censorship pays off.

Aww, haven't you ever watched campy, cheesy, over-the-top entertainment, just because it's FUN? While I respect your desire to see people put pride into their work, producing a product of impeccable taste and delicate interwoven nuances, what about just goofing off once in a while? Sure the ballet, an opera, or a symphony performance can stir your emotions and enrich your life, but how about seeing  a monster truck smash some cars?! Say it with me, FUN!

The appeal of cheeseball shows is they're bad on purpose.

I enjoy camp, especially clever camp that doesn't take itself seriously (or mocks shows that do).

The Walking Dead is not camp. It's a badly written, overrated melodrama.

Mermaid-KT wrote:
Not trying to be off topic, but ...

Not trying to be [mean/judgmental/rude], but ... [proceeds to post exactly that].

<sigh>

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 68 (202 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29160 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:
It says the video is blocked in my country on copyright grounds. O_o

Hmm. sign in to Youtube?

I'll check it when I get home cause it's blocked at work. I dont' remember my youtube log in information but I personally love made for Home machinima. It's part of what makes home fun for many of us.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 68 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16504 posts

Apr 25, 2013

UPDATED, Get it while its hot. 1st page.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 68 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16504 posts

Apr 25, 2013

I also disputed the fist video. it is live now but not sure for how long.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 68 (164 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4980 posts

Re: The Walking Dead Home updated

Apr 25, 2013

Very nicely done Jers.. hehe really nice parts right there, really enjoyed. 

Thou fer those who are going to watch and haven't got past season 2 this is one major spoiler ;p

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 68 (159 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1722 posts

Apr 25, 2013

I have to say I'm a fan of The Walking Dead considering I just got this in the mail from England 8)

Michonne

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 68 (155 Views)
Limit Breaker
16504 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Y2David wrote:

Very nicely done Jers.. hehe really nice parts right there, really enjoyed. 

Thou fer those who are going to watch and haven't got past season 2 this is one major spoiler ;p

Agreed! spoiler centric.  but if you have seen it i think you'll like.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 68 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

How many TWD fans here?

The Walking Dead is a TV series on AMC. A story of a small group of survivors in a world taken over by Zombies Walkers. (You never hear the word Zombies in the series)

This ''The Walking Dead Home'' video was created in PlayStation Home. As a fan of the show from day one I had been wanting to make some kind of video and finally did. Rick Grimes is hands down my favorite character so he also is the focus and lead in this video.

My video is very much about the story arc of Season Two and be warned it has spoilers. Something to think about if you have never seen The Walking Dead series on AMC.

My theme. Rick Grimes alone with his thoughts, thinking about friends and family and of course the events that have taken place. It was enjoyable to make and I hope you like it.

I wanted to make this for fans of the show and two who I know are huge fans.  Our very own the_original_se and Richie Bisso at Loot. Also available here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzbqde_home-twd#.UXmrm9zn9d0

Enjoy.

I wondered what you were up to last night at the Midnight Glade!

I've always been partial to Home machinima that fuses Home with live footage or photography, and this was moodySort of a creeping, unsettling feeling. I've never watched The Walking Dead before, but this machinima has me curious to check it out. Really cool video, man. :smileyhappy:

(Now I gotta grab Rich after work and bug him with a bunch of "what was that?" plot questions...)

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 68 (133 Views)
Limit Breaker
16504 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

Thanks, Norseling

TWD has seasons 1-2 on Netflix watch instantly, and they are all just as deep and crazy as the clips in the video. as far as mixing the video went it was my first time working with tv/movie footage so I was slightly concerned I could pull off a connection with Home footage. the other challenge was staying in a space and making the surrounding seen to represent footage from TWD. the landscape fits the Georgia landscape in TWD. the moon and clouds fit very well as did the open fields . As did the fire as it is a big plot point in season 2. As far as the ending and the phone call? That is sacred information and a very big part of the comics and series in Season 3. Thanks for taking time to post and tell Richie I said  no spoilers for you! 

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 68 (129 Views)
0 Likes