Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2449 posts

Re: This Should Shed Some Light On Home's Future

May 1, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Well, according to a recent Facebook post by a Home 3rd party developer, Home will indeed be included on the PS4.

This is indicative that Home isn't going anywhere. Now if only Sony would learn to man up and deal with the consumer base in a more professional manner instead of adherring to the "hear no evil, see no evil, silence is golden" approach.

Its a shame we have to learn about Home's fate thru unorthodox means, but in any event it looks like people can stop worrying for awhile at least.

hmmm.png

Thank you for the post but still seeing is believing. I don't know if it's been wishful thinking but I've believed Home would be on the PS4. I hope it's not just wishful thinkinf... time will tell, eh?    

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Message 21 of 28 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

Home on the PS4? Old news for this lad *yawns* 

Reading the wild speculations on the forums was a blast. 

Good find, ILLUM.

Message 22 of 28 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

May 1, 2013

I'm just gonna quote HearItWow and say this as an addendum.

I dont seem to grasp, what part of the developers asking "what do we want to see in Home" that all the naysayers keep missing.

Its not as if they asked what new games would you like for PS4, they specifically inquired what would we like to see in Home.

HearItWow wrote:

You know, at this point Kaz Hirai could come out and say, "Home will be on the PS4" and there would be people here who'd argue against it.

Message 23 of 28 (196 Views)
I Only Post Everything
811 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

Home still has a future for a few more years on the PS3 up until Sony decides to end it. Even some network games on the PS2 was supported till 2011. Evil Tree is treating "Playstation Home on the PS3" and "PS4" as a separate thing, they even have "COMPOUND 89191" listed as a next-gen console game in their project list.

Sure, everyone likes to know if Home will be on PS4. But, what Evil Tree said has nothing to do with it.

Message 24 of 28 (179 Views)
PlayStation MVP
474 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Well, according to a recent Facebook post by a Home 3rd party developer, Home will indeed be included on the PS4.

This is indicative that Home isn't going anywhere. Now if only Sony would learn to man up and deal with the consumer base in a more professional manner instead of adherring to the "hear no evil, see no evil, silence is golden" approach.

Its a shame we have to learn about Home's fate thru unorthodox means, but in any event it looks like people can stop worrying for awhile at least.

hmmm.png

"So let it be written. So let it be done!"

:robotvery-happy:

Message 25 of 28 (131 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6124 posts

May 1, 2013

nagon111 wrote:

Home still has a future for a few more years on the PS3 up until Sony decides to end it. Even some network games on the PS2 was supported till 2011. Evil Tree is treating "Playstation Home on the PS3" and "PS4" as a separate thing, they even have "COMPOUND 89191" listed as a next-gen console game in their project list.

Sure, everyone likes to know if Home will be on PS4. But, what Evil Tree said has nothing to do with it.

They probably know more about what's going on then us,

I guess we all can interpret things in our own way.

For me, I am smiling from ear to ear.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 26 of 28 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
501 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

I won't say my English is perfect, but reading from that line, I don't think the PS4 in that clause meant Playstation Home on the PS4.

Message 27 of 28 (107 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1992 posts

May 1, 2013
This is indeed interesting news, it certainly will be nice if PlayStation Home or a social platform similar arrives on the PlayStation 4, but I have to agree, this doesn't necessarily mean evil tree are working on home for the next console, it could be a different project for the system.

The PlayStation 3 will still be available for some time so they still have a while to work on Home, which is why they may have been asking for feedback on PlayStation Home content.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 28 of 28 (87 Views)