Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 13 2013
By: Shadow-Runner Survivor 2035 posts

UPDATE 1.75 COMPLAINT THREAD

[ Edited ]
238 replies 2301 views Edited Feb 13, 2013

Hello Community!

Im making this thread, just in case chaos and anarchy ensues tomorrow morning after the update. And lets face it, this is only gonna go one of 2 ways. 1) Everything runs smooth, no bugs, no glitches, no errors or disconnects. Improving loading times, server stability, etc...OR 2) The servers could crash. People may find stuff missing from their inventory or wardrobes. ISE items may be removed (for those of you who may be into that kinda thing) saves and other data may become corrupted. Personal spaces and clubs could be wiped. Disconnects could return and be even worse. 

Whatever happens tomorrow, I made this thread as an official "feedback" thread for problems, issues and any other technical difficulties you may experience, as a result of downloading update 1.75 

Remember, we are ALL Home Beta testers. It's our obligation to find, report and inform the staff of any bugs and glitches that may negatively impact or disrupt our online experience. It's their job to listen and accomodate. 

With that being said....lets hope noone has to post here. 

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 1 of 239 (2,301 Views)
Fender Bender
2950 posts

Re: UPDATE 1.75 COMPLAINT THREAD

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

Just food for thought I use several different cloud services. What I upload is not always the same when I download it back. And there just simple files never mind this. So in a word cloud is not ready for prime time. Cloud with these clowns will be a disaster of epic proportions. Just to be fair in the beginning it most likely will work OK. But as time goes by then the fun will truly begin. Because lost packets will get bigger and bigger everyday. Millions of accounts getting all mixed up together. Until your not getting anything back as it's supposed to be. So you know once this is done there's no going back.

Notice there not doing this with our real game saves? That shows they know this will not work right en masse. Sure if you have plus you can use this cloud service. But you should see what happens when you use it automatically that's a real nightmare. Funny thing is when you use the auto update it updates games you haven't played in years. But not the games your playing currently. Then it locks up your console for an hour and sometimes longer. Where you can't even turn it off. You have to unplug your console. Doesn't that make you feel all warm and cozy inside now LOL...

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 2 of 239 (2,266 Views)
VP of Gaming
25923 posts

Feb 13, 2013

When Home comes back online after the update, there will probably be some issues due to the update still working it's way through the Network and millions of users suddenly slamming into Home at the same time causing additional stress. The solution for both is to try logging on at a later time that day when everything, including users, have stabilized.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 3 of 239 (2,260 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2831 posts

Feb 13, 2013
:^/ If millions of users are a saving their avatars and furniture layouts to the same server's hard drive, that drive's going to see a million times more read/write activity than any one PS3 would have. How anyone thinks that'll reduce corruption is beyond me.
Message 4 of 239 (2,255 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3661 posts

Feb 13, 2013
I'm not even gonna log on to Home until I read the forums later this morning and see what troubles people are having, if any.
Message 5 of 239 (2,223 Views)
Wastelander
504 posts

Feb 13, 2013

i hope for the best all i can say W

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 6 of 239 (2,212 Views)
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Strange...

Feb 13, 2013

I just updated to 1.75 and my character settings are still on my PS3.  Does this mean..?

-Breaks out in song,-

I tried to sing "Like A Best Friend." - http://vocaroo.com/i/s0xQbPKA7aM5
Message 7 of 239 (2,316 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Re: Strange...

Feb 13, 2013
The update is over already? That seemed short.
Message 8 of 239 (2,298 Views)
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Feb 13, 2013

LeeStone71 wrote:
The update is over already? That seemed short.

No, 1.75 is here but Home is still down. My NA account saves are okay my other region saves aren't. 

I tried to sing "Like A Best Friend." - http://vocaroo.com/i/s0xQbPKA7aM5
Message 9 of 239 (2,282 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2831 posts

Feb 13, 2013
:^/ Elaborate, please. You're able to update before Home's up?

I assume uploading the data is done once you log in to Home the first time after the update. It won't remove the data either, just copy it, and thereafter ignore the HD copy.
Message 10 of 239 (2,278 Views)
0 Likes