Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
206 posts

Re: UPDATE 1.75 COMPLAINT THREAD

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

I noticed nobody is having the problem I have or mentioned it anyway. A couple of my personnel spaces have been grayed out and I can't go to them at all. My artic yacht space or my weekend lakeside space! They are completely grayed out for the last couple days now, and would like to be able to access them.  All my other personnel spaces show the pic and I can go to them, but these two I can't :smileysad:

Oh I forgot Lockwood is also greyed out I can't go there either.   Every other place I can go to, so why the Lockwood problem.

Message 141 of 239 (294 Views)
Lombax Warrior
73 posts

Feb 15, 2013

It seems like some things are faster and the new hair colors and makeup palletes are fantastic . However , last night it seems like the ability to " type are reply " was real draggy and in a club personnel space the whole thing froze .. A big problem with home was the FREEZERS  who ruined meeting in public places for public parties .. Does anyone have any idea whether this new cloud based 1.75 patch makes it harder or easier for the" bad guys" i.e. the dratted freezers to ruin public or club house meetings?  Shelley

Message 142 of 239 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Playstation Plus members getting exclusive content as Closed and Open Beta loyal users do not get the "core" parts, and I am not pleased with the clubhouse I have all of the furniture is gone. I have had my furniture in the same place for two years, what was done in that clubhouse can never be recreated and I am hoping for all clubhouses to return to the way they were design; I am more mad about the clubhouse than anything else, but I do find 1.75 to be a good update.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 143 of 239 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2038 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

I dont understand this...

"Playstation Plus members getting exclusive content as Closed and Open Beta loyal users do not get the "core" parts..."

I have everything im supposed to have, as a PLUS member. On PSN and Home.

And BTW..this was the only quote from GlassWalls i could find regarding the issues with this update...

"I personally got a couple errors yesterday, but the dust seems to have settled overnight and connection issues are at a minimum currently. We're still monitoring everything, but it should be working mostly fine now. " -GW

So according to GW, everything is just fine right now. Apparently he hasnt seen this thread or the official thread with all your posts. LOL

So if thats all that people are going by from Home management....thats a bit less than adequate, IMO. Again, it would be nice to have at least a paragraphs worth of feedback from management on these issues. But....we all know that isnt gonna happen. It rarely does.

Couldnt help but notice the POLL "How satisfied are you with the 1.75 update (aside from week 1 disconnects)?"

Let me just say this... the issues plaguing Home right now take precedent over any GOOD the update brought. It's kinda hard to focus on anything GOOD from this update when we have so many annoying inconvienences. Fix the issues...then we'll talk about the rest. You dont need a POLL to determine how the community feels right now.

...Just read the threads.

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 144 of 239 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1922 posts

Feb 15, 2013

As far as clubhouse furnishings are concerned, three weeks ago, after update, my clubhouse was empty. This was upsetting as decorating is a very time consuming and creative effort. That week was suppose to be the core update but it was delayed. So I have no idea why that happened. Anyway, I didn't try to re-decorate because I knew the core update was still going to happen, and things could get messed up again. Well, with the next update (still not core) all my club furnishings were back to the way they had been before they disappeared. I am making no assumptions that the same thing is happening to anyone else, but there is reason to believe that they may not be lost forever.

Message 145 of 239 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2954 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

Lions and tigers and bears oh my. I haven't seen much mentioned here about another little ongoing annoying problem. Moved to storage Not only with the furniture items but the clothes and companions as well. Then you have all your oldest items in your inventory with everything else thrown to storage. I wouldn't mine so much but this now happens every time I log in. So their wonderful servers are reading from the oldest to the newest and overloading our inventory. Strange how they can't adjust their own server settings. What am I thinking I forgot we have the clueless IT staff here. Oh dear...

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 146 of 239 (227 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Yesterday I was fine on home all day until I took a break from it and when I went back on it about an hour or so I went into my inventory and an "auto-storage" message popped up and everything I had in storage was now out of storage and all my items were gone. I lost my XI Locomotion rewards, Magic Cape, White tiger from jewel of the skies, and a few other companions I got a few weeks ago before this core update. I also noticed that everything in my wardrobe that I stored in my storage is now out and everything else is gone. i have tried clearing my cache to fix it and it didn't work. so I deleted home and reinstalled it and that too didn't work.

I have gone through my storage to find if that's where my items went and there was nothing at all. I lost all of my locomotions even the ones I don't even use anymore.

I find this core update was useless and pointless for all of us.

I want my items back!!!!!

Message 147 of 239 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Im missing a few companions and LMO's also, I'm missing my new horse that 1 just bought on release! Not happy :smileysad:
Message 148 of 239 (180 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29222 posts

Feb 16, 2013

gcrenovations wrote:
Im missing a few companions and LMO's also, I'm missing my new horse that 1 just bought on release! Not happy :smileysad:

Be sure to check storage and be sure to select New as a search feature even in storage. I don't think everything is being displayed. I managed to locate a number of my LMO's that way including the lastest GZ umbrealla I only purchased recently. 

Message 149 of 239 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2545 posts

Feb 16, 2013

I'm certainly not inclined or motivated to be a cheerleader for anyone but I must say that my transition to 1.75 went smoothly. Maybe it was because I updated several hours after the release went live and I avoided the heavy server traffic. Maybe it was just blind luck. I don't know but the upload went relatively quickly and I haven't had any noticeable problems. As far as I could tell from a quick glance, my game files, apartment layouts, character settings and companions were unchanged. Even my wardrobe and storage folders seemed about the same which is surprising because they seem to go all haywire at random occasions for no ascertainable reason.

The flipside is that I haven't really noticed much improvement in performance either. Home seems to take just as long to load. Times for changing spaces is hit or miss. Loading apartment layouts takes longer than before. I guess that the time coming out of wardrobe has been shorter. I've been disconnected 2 or 3 times but still about  the same as before. To be honest, if I didn't know better, I wouldn't be aware that an update had even occurred. Everything seems about the same as before.

I don't say any of this to diminish the serious problems that others have experienced and continue to deal with. I know that most of you are not perpetual whiners just looking to lodge another complaint against Sony. Many are friends of mine and among the most enthusiastic supporters of Home. I truly sympathise with everyone who has lost items, can't stay connected or has to re-organise completely messed up folders. The update appears to be capable of running in a fairly stable fashion with the proper data. It just seems that many users suffered some sort of data corruption while downloading the update or uploading their files to the servers. Obviously, I'm just throwing the theory out there because I have no idea how all this stuff works.

It's so frustrating to think that people like Dean have their backed up files right in front of them and can't do a **bleep** thing with them. We knew that this kind of thing would happen. Many users, myself included, spoke out against the server-based storage concept from the time it was announced. Of course, Sony went ahead with their plan in a bull-headed manner causing unnecessary grief to many users. What they plan to do in order to rectify the situation is anyone's guess. I'd hope that another opportunity to upload the files could be offered to anyone having such issues. Even though I'm grateful to have had a successful transition, I feel for the people who did not, and really hope that Sony has a plan to address the long list of serious complaints.

I also hope that the next update to Home addresses more of the concerns and features that people have been requesting for years. It would be nice if those features are not exclusive to PS Plus members as well.

castle3
Message 150 of 239 (142 Views)