Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
36 posts

Mo' Updates, Mo' Problems

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

I've been in contact with a lot of my friends and all I can say is "Jeez, what a complete nightmare!" I'm sure many of you have some other choice words as well. To keep it simple, Home has become unstable and completely unusable for many dedicated users. It seems every possible thing which could have gone wrong with this update has gone completely wrong. All we received were reassurances, yet all of our fears and apprehensions about 1.75 have been realized.

Would you like a list or an essay? Well...

-People are flat out missing items. Not only that, but many wouldn't know it if they were since it's now taking an hour to go through one section of inventory. 

-My friends have lost some of their avatar saves. People are reporting missing clothing, missing furniture and missing lmos.  Even several days after the update, stuff that was there on Wednedsay is gone today. 

-One of my favorite activities, decorating apartments has been made absolutely impossible. When you go to place a furniture item it takes AT LEAST 30 seconds from when you click before it actually shows up at the spawn. 

-Wardrobe and furniture has been scattered completely. In some cases furniture can't be placed at all -- choices just flicker quickly and users are sent right back to inventory.  The same thing happens when organizing what has already been placed. 

As for the store -- and this is where your ears should perk up Mr. Digital Platforms Manager -- it's taking an inordinate amount of time (about a minute per line) for selections to load.  Even when buying one free item, the new "validating purchase" screen that takes AT LEAST eight minutes each and every time, making users not want to buy anything at all.

Your program is completely unstable -- many things are broken and/or missing. Only an idiot would buy something now, and I for one will be offering no financial support until every last issue that was created with this forced update is resolved. Go ahead and laugh -- I'm only one user, right? 

Unless things change quickly, I predict you will see your sales decrease slowly, or perhaps rather quickly, percentage point by percentage point due to poor implementation and the stubborn insistance to move forward while ignoring, or at least not implementing failsafe solutions for customer concerns along the way. Many of us have been left in the lurch once again, confused, distrusting, and disheartened by what we see and experience.

If you aren't experiencing some of these bigger problems, you should thank your lucky stars and realize that for your non-issue, there are thousands of people, many of whom dont use the forum, who have no other recourse but to stop using home or roll with the punches. 

We've rolled with a lot of punches through the thick and thin of Home, but this last update may have finally beaten some of us down completely. The only way I can describe some of the issues people have been having lately is "pure devastation." 

This forum is a microcosm of Home as a whole, and when an issue is swept under the rug or ignored, thousands of users end up suffering the consequences.

I am officially terrified to see what's next, and pray that somehow, some way, everything will be fixed soon, if that's even possible without reverting to the previous client. 

I'm no fear mongerer, however you've left little to no recourse for a great deal of your customers. I am voting very dissatisfied, and I will be making that vote with my pocketbook.

Please use plain text.
Message 161 of 239 (449 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8639 posts

Re: UPDATE 1.75 COMPLAINT THREAD

Feb 16, 2013

I think a lot of us think the same thing about these lame updates.  But as I've been saying for a long time now this is why I "think" Home is still a beta.  If Sony did some of there work them selfs they would find most of these bugs.  But why do that?  When Home is still a beta and we are the beta testers?  So we get stuck with the bugs and we get stuck reporting the bugs to Sony and doing there jobs for them.

Again Home needs to come out of the beta and Sony needs to be doing there job better.  There seems to be very little to no testing these updates before given them to us.  I know for a fact that people are sick of this and some have even left Home.  But then again some people will stay on Home and keep spending no matter what. 

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 162 of 239 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Re: Mo' Updates, Mo' Problems

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

I get where you're coming from. I really do, but isn't it a little bit early for a post like this?

Yes, the update has problems, but we all expected it, didn't we? Due to the nature of Home, problems are a given.

Now is the part where we have to wait for them to fix their problems, and here are the only two situations I could consider reasonable for "the end is nigh" posts:

1. Home says they have no intention of fixing any of the problems.

2. A long time goes without any sort of update or recognition of the problems. (I would say at least a month would be reasonable.)

Until either of those two things happen, I don't think we should start another war.

Give it time.

Please use plain text.
Message 163 of 239 (406 Views)
Lombax Warrior
36 posts

Feb 16, 2013

You might have a point it hasn't been that long. I guess I just have very little faith in the wait and see, take a number mentality when people are having so many issues relating to every aspect of Home. I hope they are not being ignored. It's frustrating, and I appreciate that you can at least empathize, but honestly my goal isn't for all of us to go grab our torches and pitchforks, but for management to take notice and find a solution as quickly as possible for all our sakes.

Please use plain text.
Message 164 of 239 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9135 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Give it time? Wait a month to express displeasure? Thats garbage and I'm sorry. So FOUR more updates from now and four more weeks of error laden update after error laden update. Wake up and smell the roses. Give it time to improve? Hows four years to fix some issues? Is that enough time to wait? Because some issues people have had for that long. Theres a time to be level headed but sorry this isnt one. The time to complain about this update is now and if you were someone who cared and you wouldnt detract from those expressing their dissatisfaction.
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 165 of 239 (329 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29119 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

I've found LMO's in storage by clicking new as an option and even old. Some are not showing when opening the inventory directly. Not sure what is up with that and I just had my inventory reset  again on my Joanna account when I logged in a half hour ago after setting up portions of it using favorites yesterday. The favorites are now all gone and I've had to do it again.

I haven't had furniture issues yet as far as I can tell although I have not tried decorating but my apartments seem in tact.

My alternate account Claire seems to have escaped – knock on wood – the wardrobe issue but then again her wardrobe isn't that large and perhaps the auto-save and huge storage many of us have is the precipitating factor.

One has to hope a fix is soon because I don't want to dress this way and purchasing new items isn't very enticing if they are simply to end up lost in storage after buying them.

Someone dropped the ball on this one. I don't know who is beta testing these updates but are they home users with lots of inventory? I often wonder if the core team making the updates are really Home users because some changes would be so obvious for them to work on and they don't seem to have a clue as to what is important to many of us.

Seems marketing knows what it wants when it comes to PS Plus and pushing content like Mansions and X7. On the other hand marketing doesn't quite understand that having multiple apartment saves will sell more furniture, a better wardrobe management system will sell more clothes, having the ability to own more clubs will sell more skins, and so on.

Very frustrating given functionality like changing in others apartments is certainly welcome as is the reduction in text lag when coming out of wardrobe. I'm not seeing much else to cheer about at the moment. 

Please use plain text.
Message 166 of 239 (312 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

Some issues they can never fix. The "waiting game"  is just SONYS typical company line. I've been told that many times. Look how long the Chat Log bug has been going on. They don't know how to fix that. LOL

I think the update is awesome. I struggled at first but it works great after I deleted home and waited for a few hours. Only problem I had was, my wardrobe was scattered, but I'll live.

Please use plain text.
Message 167 of 239 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
7349 posts

Feb 16, 2013

It's unfortunate that threads are created to promote new content, but nothing in the way of a statement regarding issues that most seem to be suffering. I found it disheatening that when questioned about the wardrobe and other issues in the New Content thread (http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/NEW-CONTENT-Coming-Feb-20th-2013/td-p/395583...) the reply was as follows:

myalana wrote:

Do you think we could have our wardrobes and furniture storage in order by the time of the next update? As is, most new any content is tedious to find and sometimes impossible to use. I think such a fix would be a boon to new item sales (to say nothing of placating many disgruntled users).

GlassWalls:

I don't have any concrete info, but I can state that all of these little issues that are bubbling up and affecting a few folks are being monitored and worked on. We know that those who are our core users simply just have collected the most stuff over time, and it obviously affects you guys most. We're very mindful of that and appreciate your patience while we're working on it.

Please use plain text.
Message 168 of 239 (290 Views)
PlayStation MVP
984 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

If Sony plans on keeping Home 100% on their servers, they need to upgrade their hardware. I have littery spent the last whole hour in my wardrobe due to the extremly slow loading times. Seriously, it takes 15 minutes just to load the outfits. If you actually want to look at any of the individual clothing items... good luck with that! :manfrustrated: Before the update, the wardrobe was pretty speedy. Now it's not even worth the effort. I was trying to do the "scatter fix", but I give up. I'm just glad I set-up all my outfits before this terrible update. Everything else may be faster, but I'm certainly not changing my outfit anytime soon...

Please use plain text.
Message 169 of 239 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9135 posts

Feb 17, 2013
Why was this moved exactly? Can you mods seriously calm down with the moving of threads? Like ?
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 170 of 239 (203 Views)