Treasure Hunter
5170 posts

Re: Vive La Resistance!!!

Mar 20, 2009

daabulls wrote:

Looks like the new vid is just a recap of all the other vids.

TedTheDog
Home Community Manager

TedTheDog 

Message 4430 of 4,430

Viewed 4 times

A quick safety message:

1. I'd like to verify the Xi messages from "xinformative@googlemail.com" 

2. If you are planning on visiting the bench please be smart about this. Its quite a remote spot. Do not go there in the dark or even close to sunset and go with friends. And please, we'd seriouslly reccomend that you only consider this if your 18 or older.

Have fun but be safe.

Safety message two is quite interesting. Heath doesn't seem like it would be in a bad location (although I'm just speculating) and why only 18+? Not even close to sunset? Perhaps it is a bad area at night.

18 or older?? that sounds like some sort of "contest" or something.... cauz if it was THAT dangerous he will just say: Please EVERYBODY be careful

Please use plain text.
Message 1810 of 6,844 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
554 posts

Mar 20, 2009
Or Maybe there is a person waiting there that will not be there after Dusk lol
Click My sig to visit La Resistance CLUB Thread
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1811 of 6,844 (4 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1958 posts

Mar 20, 2009

taz_1981 wrote:
http://scee-home.playstation.net/e.home/mfe/content/Movies/Xi/quixote_16a.mp4
New video in EU home

well besides explorer Don Quixote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quixote_(web_framework)

here's a wiki of a web-program called quixote

home is an online social program and to be online you need the web in a way

well the link wouldn't insert as it usually does(keeps telling me invalid html and i'm copying the url straight from the site like i've done numerous times before) so just coppy and paste into the url i guess

XLR8LIFE (Pronounced: AC-CEL-ER-ATE LIFE)

PlayStation MVPs | GT Saturdays | Monday Night Racing | GT Series

Please use plain text.
Message 1812 of 6,844 (4 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1958 posts

Mar 20, 2009

CVR84 wrote:

daabulls wrote:

Looks like the new vid is just a recap of all the other vids.

TedTheDog
Home Community Manager

TedTheDog 

Message 4430 of 4,430

Viewed 4 times

A quick safety message:

1. I'd like to verify the Xi messages from "xinformative@googlemail.com" 

2. If you are planning on visiting the bench please be smart about this. Its quite a remote spot. Do not go there in the dark or even close to sunset and go with friends. And please, we'd seriouslly reccomend that you only consider this if your 18 or older.

Have fun but be safe.

Safety message two is quite interesting. Heath doesn't seem like it would be in a bad location (although I'm just speculating) and why only 18+? Not even close to sunset? Perhaps it is a bad area at night.

18 or older?? that sounds like some sort of "contest" or something.... cauz if it was THAT dangerous he will just say: Please EVERYBODY be careful

or could also be hinting this is a rated M project which is 18+ in some places

Please use plain text.
Message 1813 of 6,844 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
855 posts

Mar 20, 2009
I'm pretty sure Ted was just watching out for community members. They used a real world place for the photo right. Well if someone gets attacked because they thought they were playing a Home game it equals HUGE LAWSUIT.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 1814 of 6,844 (4 Views)
Sackboy
378 posts

Mar 20, 2009

Hey guys, saw some of the posts about teds warning, in the us you may not be aware but here in the uk Hampsted Heath is a notorious area for

ehm men who like meeting other men for 5 mins at a time, mostly after dark. That would probably be what Ted means

Please use plain text.
Message 1815 of 6,844 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5451 posts

Mar 20, 2009

cbeyond wrote:

Plambey, do we have any Xi gamers in Greater London who can take the day trip up to the park in Hampstead Heath?

I gave up monitoring the EU threads when they broke apart over the "hack". But surely, somene in that group is relatively close and relatively free today.

I checked and East in not in the London area...and let her know I was in that park in January. I went up the hill to get that clear view of the city from the only highpoint in London that isnt a building! I must have walked right past the bench. Funny.

Dr.Goodier mentioned he can go there today. I will send him a PM. We now know how closely XiInformative is watching us. They sent me the final piece of the picture at 6:12am yesterday. I said I was leaving this thead by mid day. The next morning, they sent a follow up clue to Plambey :smileywink:  We're the last surviving organized thread... Keep at it.

Some more things to note. The time of day has changed in Home. I know this was mentioned before. But just letting you know that it's not active day to night cycles. You can see a seam where they cut the sky. Look behind the Mall in Central Plaza and you should see a vertical line where the sky was cut. BUT, tdarb noted that the sky is the same and only the light source changed. Light sources wouldn't require a splicing of the sky. So, why cut it? Was something added to that area behind the door that required a larger sky?

Also...

Someone mentioned that the vent is also a teleporter. This is not the case. The teleporter is actually a large invisible square area. You can go the same length to the left of the symbol and still have the teleport option.

Yes... There's more...

Though it is true that free-to-use audio samples can be heard across many shows, movies, and broadcasts, It's far too strong of a coincidence that Sessler's closed it's show with discussion of GDC containing nDreams and used that specific audio sample. This is an especially strong clue since a different sample was used to close previous shows.

But wait... There's even more...

This is not a competition between EU and NA. ARGs have NEVER been competitive. Take a look at previous ARGs played, and you'll see that it is always a large group that wins :smileywink:  Now that we also know how closely they are watching all of us, we also know that they see how the two regions are working together to solve the mystery. It seems to me that they don't mind us hopping from region to region even though it's a clear violation of the ToS. Also, they sent me (an NA account) the final picture which pointed us in the direction of a bench in the UK. Not exactly walking distance for me. Xi (in my theory) was dubbed a virus. It doesn't look like it anymore, but it remains a possibility. The rest of the theory still holds solid. I think Cbeyond may be right. I think this game might just end as part of nDreams and Sony's presentation at GDC. That's the date and time we may have been looking for. I believe it's a three day event? Is that true? If it is, do we know around what time Sony and nDreams will make a presentation? If anyone can answer those questions, please do.

And if you act now, we'll throw in....

Everyone who reads this post, send me a PM with a list of everyone in your PS3's friend lists that is interested in Xi. I will compile a global list and organize us all. The deadline for your submissions is Saturday, 3/20/09 @ 7pm. If you've been simply reading this thread and remaining silent, this is your time to act too. If we don't all walk hand in hand on this... Well, you may not be walking to victory. I will use saturday night to bind us all together on Home. Why am I doing this? Simple. An invite in Home is the FASTEST way to get someone to the entry point when the time comes. Without being on a key player's friend list, how could you expect to be there at the right time with the right answers and the right people?

PS: Don't wait for the last minute for your submissions. If you all bomb me with lists, it will take me A LOT longer to organize all of you. Instead, submit once you see this message. Thanks.

PSS: Thanks for the love

Please use plain text.
Message 1816 of 6,844 (4 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1958 posts

Mar 20, 2009

Amir29 wrote:

cbeyond wrote:

Plambey, do we have any Xi gamers in Greater London who can take the day trip up to the park in Hampstead Heath?

I gave up monitoring the EU threads when they broke apart over the "hack". But surely, somene in that group is relatively close and relatively free today.

I checked and East in not in the London area...and let her know I was in that park in January. I went up the hill to get that clear view of the city from the only highpoint in London that isnt a building! I must have walked right past the bench. Funny.

Dr.Goodier mentioned he can go there today. I will send him a PM. We now know how closely XiInformative is watching us. They sent me the final piece of the picture at 6:12am yesterday. I said I was leaving this thead by mid day. The next morning, they sent a follow up clue to Plambey :smileywink:  We're the last surviving organized thread... Keep at it.

Some more things to note. The time of day has changed in Home. I know this was mentioned before. But just letting you know that it's not active day to night cycles. You can see a seam where they cut the sky. Look behind the Mall in Central Plaza and you should see a vertical line where the sky was cut. BUT, tdarb noted that the sky is the same and only the light source changed. Light sources wouldn't require a splicing of the sky. So, why cut it? Was something added to that area behind the door that required a larger sky?

Also...

Someone mentioned that the vent is also a teleporter. This is not the case. The teleporter is actually a large invisible square area. You can go the same length to the left of the symbol and still have the teleport option.

Yes... There's more...

Though it is true that free-to-use audio samples can be heard across many shows, movies, and broadcasts, It's far too strong of a coincidence that Sessler's closed it's show with discussion of GDC containing nDreams and used that specific audio sample. This is an especially strong clue since a different sample was used to close previous shows.

But wait... There's even more...

This is not a competition between EU and NA. ARGs have NEVER been competitive. Take a look at previous ARGs played, and you'll see that it is always a large group that wins :smileywink:  Now that we also know how closely they are watching all of us, we also know that they see how the two regions are working together to solve the mystery. It seems to me that they don't mind us hopping from region to region even though it's a clear violation of the ToS. Also, they sent me (an NA account) the final picture which pointed us in the direction of a bench in the UK. Not exactly walking distance for me. Xi (in my theory) was dubbed a virus. It doesn't look like it anymore, but it remains a possibility. The rest of the theory still holds solid. I think Cbeyond may be right. I think this game might just end as part of nDreams and Sony's presentation at GDC. That's the date and time we may have been looking for. I believe it's a three day event? Is that true? If it is, do we know around what time Sony and nDreams will make a presentation? If anyone can answer those questions, please do.

And if you act now, we'll throw in....

Everyone who reads this post, send me a PM with a list of everyone in your PS3's friend lists that is interested in Xi. I will compile a global list and organize us all. The deadline for your submissions is Saturday, 3/20/09 @ 7pm. If you've been simply reading this thread and remaining silent, this is your time to act too. If we don't all walk hand in hand on this... Well, you may not be walking to victory. I will use saturday night to bind us all together on Home. Why am I doing this? Simple. An invite in Home is the FASTEST way to get someone to the entry point when the time comes. Without being on a key player's friend list, how could you expect to be there at the right time with the right answers and the right people?

PS: Don't wait for the last minute for your submissions. If you all bomb me with lists, it will take me A LOT longer to organize all of you. Instead, submit once you see this message. Thanks.

PSS: Thanks for the love

yes it is a three day event and i'll check the gdc's website to see if it gives those details

if some one else would also check because i'm short on time right now getting ready for a doctors appointment i would apprishiate the help

the speakers they listed were for workshops and q&a conferences you can attend, none were for game announcements that i saw last time i went there

Message Edited by xlr8life on 03-20-2009 09:59 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 1817 of 6,844 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4310 posts

Mar 20, 2009

No responce to my post here:1773  And i thought these were some neet ideas.

I'm just gonna have to borrow either amir's or cbeyond's id so i can get a response. JK!

Please use plain text.
Message 1818 of 6,844 (4 Views)
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Mar 20, 2009

Here is a GDC 09 session I found regarding PS Home:

Developer Opportunities in PlayStation Home
Speaker: Jack Buser (Director, PlayStation Home, Sony Computer Entertainment America)
Date/Time: Wednesday (March 25, 2009)   10:30am — 11:30am
Location (room): Room 3002, West Hall
Track: Business and Management
Format: 60-minute Sponsored Session
Experience Level: All

Session Description
PlayStation®Home is our ground-breaking, 3D social gaming community available on PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) that allows users to interact, communicate and share rich social gaming experiences. Industry relevant brands can let their creativity run wild within PlayStation®Home allowing a sought after audience experience their brands like never before all while fostering loyalty, driving sales and creating additional revenue streams. PlayStation®Home offers a new channel for game and non-game brands to build their own custom lobbies for their products, where they can present information to users, provide downloadable content and sponsor in world events.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 1819 of 6,844 (4 Views)